Club Statement

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

Whataboutery in this instance does nothing to resolve the situation. You’re right, of course, but we need to keep our own house in order regardless of outside influences.

Absolutely which is why commend the statement as rising above that.

However, even though employment law obligations when moving from one employer to another were much looser back then, the fact that Hibs did not warn us what he was like is utterly shameful.

Bottom line is that any company can inadvertently employ a monster. How an employer acts on discovering such a monster defines the standards and the culture.

As ever, I’m proud of our club.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Could well have mentioned the fact that Hibs failed to warn us what Neely was like but good nonetheless 

That’s an issue that the enquiry should have brought up. Rangers have a responsibility to the youths that suffered under his hands while he was at our club. They have accepted this and again reinforced that the matter was dealt with appropriately at the time. The delay in statement could be the club was ensuring the i were dotted and the t’s crossed so they can substantiate they done the right thing at the time.

About 5 years ago,The Top Wing Commander in The Canadian Airforce was convicted as a Serial Rapist and Killer.

Only in the last few days a serving Met Police Officer is facing charges of Murder.

Denis Neilson who raped and murdered 15 men in the 1970s and 1980s served in The British Army and The Metropolitan Police.

My point is, monsters, usually don't look like monsters, or give any indication of being who they truly are.

Ted Bundy is a perfect example.

4 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Class, only one instance and was dealt with immediately, now we can ram this into any cunt that says yous were as bad, wonder if the scum at Torbet Towers will issue any statement, I think not.

Yet the media had Rangers named first when this was all released. Scum media. 

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

A sincere statement produced after a period of reflection. Not the quick, knee jerk reaction many called for. 

class as always Rangers. 

I said at the time I was happy to give the club the benefit of the doubt when people were wanting an immidiate response, glad the club took their time and delivered this now. 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Bottom line is that any company can inadvertently employ a monster. How an employer acts on discovering such a monster defines the standards and the culture.

As ever, I’m proud of our club.

This is the crux and the most damning point of the issue, an issue which they (and so many of their fans who would shout from the rooftops about if it was someone affected that they held dear to them) choose to ignore. It’s actually surreal, every one of them knows the truth now but just point blank refuse to accept it...

4 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Class, only one instance and was dealt with immediately, now we can ram this into any cunt that says yous were as bad, wonder if the scum at Torbet Towers will issue any statement, I think not.

Am I right in thinking that Rangers say they reported this to the Police (Via Alistair "Creepy" Hood?), and the Police said that there is no record of this being formally reported - and that is where the controversy lies regarding our enemies?

10 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Am I right in thinking that Rangers say they reported this to the Police (Via Alistair "Creepy" Hood?), and the Police said that there is no record of this being formally reported - and that is where the controversy lies regarding our enemies?

If no charges had been pressed would it have been recorded?

I'm confused at to what folk are moaning about here when they say the statement should have came out sooner?

are folk saying this statement should have been made years ago? 

Or are they saying this should have came out sooner in response to the taigs daft tweet the other day?

Or are they saying it should have came out sooner as in closer to the time of the report being released?

“We are firmly committed to ensuring openness and transparency in relation to this issue and agree on the uninterrupted ethical obligation of clubs over time, irrespective of changes”

I just think that line is brilliant 

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

At the time we told the mhedia it was reported to Police some Shettleston put a FOI request asking if Rangers had in fact reported it to Police.

The FOI came back saying something along the lines of police files revealing the identity of people who reported potential crimes would not be released. 

So naturally that was twisted to mean that the files couldn't exist, therefore we must have been lying about reporting it.

Standard tarrier behaviour in other words. Liars from cradle to grave. 

Honest to fuck, BBC Scotland.....Rangers have apologised but took a month longer than everyone else.  We should never let these cunts darken our door again and warn them future imbalanced comments will be discussed directly with our legal advisors.  Cherry picking the apology to sensationalise yet again. 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

Honest to fuck, BBC Scotland.....Rangers have apologised but took a month longer than everyone else.  We should never let these cunts darken our door again and warn them future imbalanced comments will be discussed directly with our legal advisors.  Cherry picking the apology to sensationalise yet again. 

I noticed that also. They simply can’t help themselves and made no reference to the fact the report acknowledged how the club handled the single instance by reporting it to the authorities.  Excellent examples of BBC impartiality and accurate reporting on show for everyone to see.

6 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Could well have mentioned the fact that Hibs failed to warn us what Neely was like but good nonetheless 

I agree completely, we could also have said that if the filth had taken action instead of covering it up a lot of these cunts (including neely) could have been apprehended sooner and we might not have needed to make any statement whatsoever and our youth players could have went unmolested. Theres only one filthy organisation should be shouldering the blame here but it goes unspoken to a great extent. We had one coach who was bounced out the door and reported to the police in jigtime........... They had a paedophile ring being allowed to operate freely.

4 minutes ago, G13 said:

I agree completely, we could also have said that if the filth had taken action instead of covering it up a lot of these cunts (including neely) could have been apprehended sooner and we might not have needed to make any statement whatsoever and our youth players could have went unmolested. Theres only one filthy organisation should be shouldering the blame here but it goes unspoken to a great extent. We had one coach who was bounced out the door and reported to the police in jigtime........... They had a paedophile ring being allowed to operate freely.

This with bells on 👍🏻

Archived