• Jack
    • Aribo
    • Arfield
    • Hagi
    • Morelos
    • Kent
    • Roofe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/05/21 at 14:08

49 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Goldson has played every minute of every game, in a record breaking defensive season. Has also chipped in with big goals. 

Tav was on fire first half of the season, but didn’t quite keep it going (not that anyone could really) and then picked up an injury. 

Don’t think it’s as cut and dry as 100% Tav. 

He’s contributed to 30 goals from right back and been part of the best defence in the league, he’s not losing player of the year because he’s missed a few games due to injury. 

Goldson.

He has matured this season.

He has cut out the occasional costly mistakes.

Improved this distribution of the ball, particularly his long passing game.

He's improved his aerial ability, by being more aggressive in the air.

And has added a few more goals too.

Ever present and arguably our most consistent player.

He'd be a well deserved winner.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

I voted Davis. I think he changed the base of our midfield when he was introduced after some conservative performances with Jack and Kamara together. 

Defensively he was solid in midfield. I think I read that he was our top midfielder in terms of tackles and interceptions. Either way he was great when defending and was just as good when we had the ball. He really controlled games in midfield at times and was always the one deeper trying to pick out a pass. 

I also think without his experience and know how in games we wouldn't have such a great record. It's hard to tell whether it's his football ability we'll miss more or his pure experience and leadership whe he leaves us.

My opinion but see tbh there is a case you could make for 6 or 7 players quite easily. 

Pretty much saved me writing the same sort of reasons for picking him.

Tough decision, toughest for a long time as theres been so many great contributors this season. Went for Goldson because he’s been there every minute. Tav dropped a level post December and McGregor and Davis have had rests that Goldson hasn’t.  I have been hugely critical of him in the past but the goals conceded levels this season are outstanding and he’s been a constant. 

close one though. 

It is a near impossible thing to do this season with so many really strong candidates, but since the question has been asked I went for Tav, his first half of the season was incredible.

Even after being out injured for a number of games, he is still leading the scoring and assists tables.

I was concerned last season that he was maybe not going to have the mental strength to win us 55, but he and the whole team have shown that they did and I am so happy for him and the rest of the players. 

Whoever wins this poll will be a worthy winner.

1 hour ago, SIRB_72 said:

I voted Davis. I think he changed the base of our midfield when he was introduced after some conservative performances with Jack and Kamara together. 

Defensively he was solid in midfield. I think I read that he was our top midfielder in terms of tackles and interceptions. Either way he was great when defending and was just as good when we had the ball. He really controlled games in midfield at times and was always the one deeper trying to pick out a pass. 

I also think without his experience and know how in games we wouldn't have such a great record. It's hard to tell whether it's his football ability we'll miss more or his pure experience and leadership whe he leaves us.

My opinion but see tbh there is a case you could make for 6 or 7 players quite easily. 

That's why I haven't voted yet. I just can't separate my top 3. You have to also account for the likes of Kamara, who's play at times has been just sublime. 

Head says Goldson, heart is torn between Tav and McGregor. Feel sorry for the likes of Davis & Kamara! 

It's difficult but I've gone for McGregor. I think hes had a hand in the improvement of our organisation at the back, which has brought/helped others into the equation.

It's just good to know that the list for the SPL POTY will be much the same as the one noted. Not even a doubt one of our players is getting it.

Goldson with McGregor, Davis & Tav very close behind. 

They have all had unbelievable Seasons, but my reason :

• I've seen Tav score loads of goals (and assist) before.
  • I've seen Davis control games from the middle of the park before. 
  • I've seen McGregor make outrageous saves before.

I've never seen Goldson like this before - Important goals, unbelievable defending and pure leadership. 

Surprised  at this tbh . Fully expect Tav to be No 1 at the end of it . He has been the biggest factor this season . 

Gets My POTY no probs

We were playing a full bank of 11 half the time, so we can't say Goldson was pivital in all of that , Although clearly immense in other big games . Tav should be most bears choice 

7 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

For Fucks Sake, how many times has Greegs pulled off fantastic world class saves this season to save us from draws and defeats and a lot of voters don't recognise this fact.

Player Of The Season - end of.

And is a virtual spectator for most of our games, thanks to the players in front of him, Jon McLaughlin has 10 shut outs in 11 appearances as well dont forget.

Greegs has been outstanding when called upon no doubt but our season hasn't been about our goalkeeper ffs.