Chances of Moving League?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, CoGerfficiency said:

What shit clown? It's a topic about the possibility about maybe moving league or not..end of story dickhead. Stop trying to be a comedian fishing for likes like a fucking loser! Or just ignore the topic if you want to be an attention seeker about it. We could easily move league in the future, that's the bottom line in my opinion, now fuck off and fish for likes elsewhere. Wankers like you just ruin people's possible debates.

Your attitude and personal insults are absolutely disgusting. Reported again.

Moving leagues will never happen, if we were allowed to move to England you'd have clubs all over Europe trying to shift leagues just because it suits them. 

The issue we have is there is no viable way to increase the standing of the Scottish league. Us vs taigs will always be a draw for Sky, it gets them massive viewing figures 4 times per year & the remaining fixtures they have with us/them involved generate enough viewing to make it worth the money for them to broadcast.

The authorities up here go to the table every year with a maximum of 38 games they could viably sell - 4 Old Firms, 17 Rangers away games & 17 scum away games, even then you're throwing in blockbuster games like Hamilton vs celtic at 12pm on a Sunday...when you have Leeds vs Chelsea on the other channel...for the average fan watching that's a no brainer! 

As long as the rest of the teams in the league are poor clubs with poor stadiums/pitches/low attendances etc we'll never move forward as a league.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon we need better mugs before we can get a better TV deal .

Criminal that we have one the most marketable fixtures in world football but our league gets less TV money that Switzerland and Austria who have no fixtures of any interest whatsoever to anybody outside these countries .

They should be out of a job for that. Absolutely scandalous. A massive issue we have is that the diddy teams have quite a big say in decisions made. It should be equal and even across the board but they seem to constantly choose the worst option.

The Setanta deal set Scottish football back so much financially. If they had stuck with Sky at the time then the tv revenue would be so much greater than it is at the moment. Nowhere near EPL levels but certainly closer to Championship levels. 

50 minutes ago, CoGerfficiency said:

If anybody does not like the topic just stop making posts fishing for likes with your pales. Its easy to state why you think it won't happen or could happen that we will move league one day or not at all. Trying to look like a keyboard gangster and  comedian fishing for likes on a newbies topic just makes you look like attention whores. You just ruin a person making a serious point either way by trolling and fishing for likes. If you get confused amongst your many trolling posts, look at the original message!

This is rich coming from the man who sent me a death threat at 30 to 5 this morning.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Reckon we need better mugs before we can get a better TV deal .

Criminal that we have one the most marketable fixtures in world football but our league gets less TV money that Switzerland and Austria who have no fixtures of any interest whatsoever to anybody outside these countries .

Thats what happens when you share a TV market with the PL. 

26 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

They should be out of a job for that. Absolutely scandalous. A massive issue we have is that the diddy teams have quite a big say in decisions made. It should be equal and even across the board but they seem to constantly choose the worst option.

The Setanta deal set Scottish football back so much financially. If they had stuck with Sky at the time then the tv revenue would be so much greater than it is at the moment. Nowhere near EPL levels but certainly closer to Championship levels. 

We are behind in our TV deal and will be behind forever .

Setanta was a complete disaster,it offered around 10pc more than Sky and the punters had to add to their subscriptions cost .

Reckon it must have been 15years since the last Sky deal before setanta and we are only now getting that same level of money in .

Get an actuary in and he might be able to work out what’s been lost over the years and tell us what money we should be on factoring inflation .

There was a nosedive in standard in Scotland when setanta collapsed ,I remember at the time Walter Smith saying in an interview that over 70 pros left the SPL in the space of a season to head down south for better money .Replaced by struggling pros from down south on 1 year contracts .Some were good but didn’t benefit the clubs as there was no transfer fee when they left to go back down south .

Dont suppose there’s much point greeting about it now as it’s happened .We just need to be doing the best to get the best deals possible .

That start with getting rid of the incompetence that is Doncaster.He aint for leaving with the wage he gets .However next fuck up and he’s away he won’t have his pal Lieswell to dig him out a hole next time .

1 hour ago, CoGerfficiency said:

Back to followfollow where the layout is normal. Cheerio fannies. Try enjoy 55 without depressing other people. 

Oh don’t go, you were fun. You just seemed a bit angry and abusive all the time.  

I’m sure FF will welcome you back with open arms. 

23 hours ago, CoGerfficiency said:

People have been bringing the subject up for years and it's usually shot down pretty quickly, but what is our chance of moving to the English League or the likes of the old North Atlantic League suggestion ever happening again? Sure we have just won 55 and it's AMAZING, Europa League nights, and it's party time all through summer coming, but with the light of the news that Morelos wants to move to the EPL because of hightened competition, which is understandable he does want that, it only spells out that this will always be how top players will move on or avoid playing for us in the SPFL. Personally i think with Morelos thinking that way whllst we have the possible opportunity of the spotlight in the Champions League, i think he should stay a little longer, but you can see why he wants the move. So the crux of my point is having top top type players loyal soley to Rangers seems to me to be out of reach the longer we stay in our league. Will we ever move? Can we ever move? Do we want to move?

Good questions, not sure why it’s not come up before, you should contact Douglas Park 

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

12 pages full of nonsense, hate weekends when there are no Rangers game on.

It's murder when we're not playing at the wknd, as there is fuck all else to do at the minute. Roll on next Sunday! Bloody working when the game is on, on Thursday, though if I get the opportunity will try see a bit of it on my phone. 

On 14/03/2021 at 14:49, CoGerfficiency said:

People have been bringing the subject up for years and it's usually shot down pretty quickly, but what is our chance of moving to the English League or the likes of the old North Atlantic League suggestion ever happening again? Sure we have just won 55 and it's AMAZING, Europa League nights, and it's party time all through summer coming, but with the light of the news that Morelos wants to move to the EPL because of hightened competition, which is understandable he does want that, it only spells out that this will always be how top players will move on or avoid playing for us in the SPFL. Personally i think with Morelos thinking that way whllst we have the possible opportunity of the spotlight in the Champions League, i think he should stay a little longer, but you can see why he wants the move. So the crux of my point is having top top type players loyal soley to Rangers seems to me to be out of reach the longer we stay in our league. Will we ever move? Can we ever move? Do we want to move?

77C8F83A-F5FF-4AB0-AC24-0134C85FB28A.gif

Archived