Chances of Moving League?

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/03/2021 at 02:06, The Dude said:

No. Ship sailed in 2012. 

I think that ship sailed in 1991 when David Murray said we would  be guaranteed to be playing in England by season 1993-94, then it was guaranteed to be sewn up for the new millennium.
It's like a bloody boomerang that keeps coming back.

1 hour ago, Ozblue said:

I think that ship sailed in 1991 when David Murray said we would  be guaranteed to be playing in England by season 1993-94, then it was guaranteed to be sewn up for the new millennium.
It's like a bloody boomerang that keeps coming back.

I don't think Murray believed that was ever an option - especially when we were never involved in the discussions with the big 5. It was likely just his usual moonbeams.

What we were seriously interested in was a European Super League and that's why Campbell Ogilvie was one of the main players in the creation of the Champions League. We wanted to guarantee a set amount of games against big clubs - ironically that has bit us on the arse big time.

It's the political stance under the SNP that's stopping such a thing as us moving league. If we hadn't been thrown down to where we had been cast down to, it woud have happened already by a country mile by 2021, latest a couple more years from now. Let your little minds ponder on it. As for keyboard gangster comments, comedians, people saying we aren't needed elsewhere despite the fact the old firm being one of the most viewed derbies on Earth in a tiny league..maybe the most viewed on Earth as i heard working in Manchester and many places down south, people trying to play Einstein about a typo here or there.. i dunno.. go fuck yourself? Gerrard was not just brought in to destroy them as he has done already, he was brought in to gather momentum for us to do battle imho to be considered elsewhere to play. It will happen despite the current English based fans saying otherwise when we rid ourselves of the SNP, and i see that coming round the corner. Get excited about fucking off from Scotland, because it is happening!

2 minutes ago, CoGerfficiency said:

It's the political stance under the SNP that's stopping such a thing as us moving league. If we hadn't been thrown down to where we had been cast down to, it woud have happened already by a country mile by 2021, latest a couple more years from now. Let your little minds ponder on it. As for keyboard gangster comments, comedians, people saying we aren't needed elsewhere despite the fact the old firm being one of the most viewed derbies on Earth in a tiny league..maybe the most viewed on Earth as i heard working in Manchester and many places down south, people trying to play Einstein about a typo here or there.. i dunno.. go fuck yourself? Gerrard was not just brought in to destroy them as he has done already, he was brought in to gather momentum for us to do battle imho to be considered elsewhere to play. It will happen despite the current English based fans saying otherwise when we rid ourselves of the SNP, and i see that coming round the corner. Get excited about fucking off from Scotland, because it is happening!

Shutup

12 minutes ago, CoGerfficiency said:

You seem to be very passive-aggressive, but not in a way that's funny.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You seem to be very passive-aggressive, but not in a way that's funny.

Starts talking about the snp, then moves onto gangsters, then something about typos and finally back to the snp. Don’t know what his point is 

39 minutes ago, CoGerfficiency said:

What's ridding of the SNP got to do with entering a new league?? - it's been a long day:confused:

2 hours ago, CoGerfficiency said:

tenor.gif

It is quite normal for guys to throw different ideas about on forums, sometimes stuff that has been mentioned before, sometimes new stuff, that's fair enough. However, blaming the snp for us not moving leagues is, frankly absurd, they are to blame for a lot of stuff but stopping us moving is not one.

There comes a time in all discussions, when it's not going well, you should just decide to lay your shovel down.

Archived