GCC Thieving B**tards

jintybear

I can accept the costs of the benches and flowerbeds, they were destroyed/broken and need redone/repaired but the Cenotaph bit is taking the utter cunt. 

Basically it's been in dire need of a good pressure wash for the best part of a decade so big bad Rangers can foot the bill with everything else. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it this 'publican' has been in touch with them and asked for the bill to be sent to him. If not then both funds should club together, supply new benches then tell them to fuck off and give the rest to charity. 

Both campaigns should pool their money and give it over. Get the benches fixed. That should cover it. 

remember this money was raised by Rangers fans out of good will. most people likely weren’t even at George square. I donated and wasn’t there. We didn’t need to raise this money but it’s the right thing to do. It was our support there and our “supporters” who were daft wee fannies and broke the benches.

8 hours ago, jintybear said:

Rangers fans sent £11k George Square damages bill after Glasgow title celebrations

The cost of the damage includes more than £4,000 to repair and replace memorial benches.

dailyrecord

See news near you

Rangers fans gather in George Square (Image: Getty Images)

Rangers fans who raised funds to pay for damage to Glasgow city centre after lockdown-busting title celebrations will be asked to pay an £11,000 bill, Glasgow City Council has revealed.

The cost of the damage includes more than £4,000 to repair and replace memorial benches wrecked in George Square after hundreds of fans gathered to celebrate the club's league win.

ADVERTISING

A further £4,000 is needed to replant flower beds.

The bill was revealed amid fears of more disruption at next Sunday's Old Firm game. Yesterday, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard told supporters to stay home.

The city council says damage to lawns at the eastern end of the square amounted to almost £3,000, while bedding plants to the value of nearly £500 are also required.

The costs do not include tidy-up work required to be carried out at the Cenotaph memorial in the square which has still to be finalised.

Glasgow City Council will this week send the bill, which stands at £11,407 so far, to a publican who organised an online fundraiser to cover the cost of damage to the memorial benches.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-fans-sent-11k-george-23713257

WTAF!! As a goodwill gesture Rangers fans were going to donate money towards damages! GGC are ripping the absolute pish. FFS did BLM or celtic fans get billed for defacing street names or pulling down statues? I can’t believe the actual cheek of them! I would tell them they are getting nothing and give all the money to charity! 

I would as well .Tell those corrupt “ lazy” bastards to GTF .Most of the work shy lazy fucker workforce are still furloughed anyway .Milking the UK government ,the ones that they most likely despise  .Shower of vermin ,these cunts .You would be doing very well to find a non bheast that works in that building 😉

8 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

it was always going to be the case with that mob, give it to charity because the scum would still have a reason to moan

Think of the state of the City too .The fucking potholes all over the roads .The craters more like .The thieving bastards spend half their budget on keeping the area around scumdome tip top ,while letting areas all over Glasgow go into a state of decline  .IMO 

8 hours ago, trueblue 64 said:

It was widely discussed on line about gathering in George square so the usual step of removing the seats and barriers around flower beds and statues should have been applied. If they won 10 last week there would have been tri colours on the flagpoles, a beer tent and big screens.

I know you are kidding about the last wee part .Yet there would have been a budget set aside in their  corrupt pot to help with old friends and neighbours ,in a time of need.

With all the rioting ,causing havoc to buses and ambulances in title celebrations and other damages over the years .You would think🤔 ,you would see these sort of headlines these past 9 odd years 😉🤣🤣Would we fuck

it is simply because it’s our club and supporters 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I know you are kidding about the last wee part .Yet there would have been a budget set aside in their  corrupt pot to help with old friends and neighbours ,in a time of need.

With all the rioting ,causing havoc to buses and ambulances in title celebrations and other damages over the years .You would think🤔 ,you would see these sort of headlines these past 9 odd years 😉🤣🤣Would we fuck

it is simply because it’s our club and supporters 

I was kidding about the beer tent and big screens but we did have a 9 in a row flag on the city chambers last year.

They hate our club and supporters but most of all they detest our Union flag and our beliefs. I wear a Union tammy and I'm always getting dirty looks or someone whistling flower of Scotland or grand old team.

1 minute ago, trueblue 64 said:

I was kidding about the beer tent and big screens but we did have a 9 in a row flag on the city chambers last year.

They hate our club and supporters but most of all they detest our Union flag and our beliefs. I wear a Union tammy and I'm always getting dirty looks or someone whistling flower of Scotland or grand old team.

Well now you can just sing or humm it’s coming home mate “ they will hate that 🤣

24 minutes ago, trueblue 64 said:

Nice one, double edged attack. One word usually shuts them up, hello and hello.

Had a couple of mad fenian arseholes that i loved to say hello hello to,and it always left them frothing :UK:
Would volunteer to work for nothing at my old job,just for a couple of days to catch up with the bastards.

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I would as well .Tell those corrupt “ lazy” bastards to GTF .Most of the work shy lazy fucker workforce are still furloughed anyway .Milking the UK government ,the ones that they most likely despise  .Shower of vermin ,these cunts .You would be doing very well to find a non bheast that works in that building 😉

The council never furloughed they’ve just kept paying people all sitting in the house which is an absolute scandal in itself. The ALEOs furloughed some of their staff.

Give them fuck all and tell them to use the council tax money that they haven’t spent on grass cutting and refuge collections due to the pandemic.

Who pays for the flower beds and the lawns when they are destroyed at the Xmas lights switch on or the Xmas markets.? Aye exactly 

14 hours ago, jintybear said:

Rangers fans sent £11k George Square damages bill after Glasgow title celebrations

The cost of the damage includes more than £4,000 to repair and replace memorial benches.

dailyrecord

See news near you

Rangers fans gather in George Square (Image: Getty Images)

Rangers fans who raised funds to pay for damage to Glasgow city centre after lockdown-busting title celebrations will be asked to pay an £11,000 bill, Glasgow City Council has revealed.

The cost of the damage includes more than £4,000 to repair and replace memorial benches wrecked in George Square after hundreds of fans gathered to celebrate the club's league win.

ADVERTISING

A further £4,000 is needed to replant flower beds.

The bill was revealed amid fears of more disruption at next Sunday's Old Firm game. Yesterday, Rangers manager Steven Gerrard told supporters to stay home.

The city council says damage to lawns at the eastern end of the square amounted to almost £3,000, while bedding plants to the value of nearly £500 are also required.

The costs do not include tidy-up work required to be carried out at the Cenotaph memorial in the square which has still to be finalised.

Glasgow City Council will this week send the bill, which stands at £11,407 so far, to a publican who organised an online fundraiser to cover the cost of damage to the memorial benches.

https://BOYCOTT THIS LINK/news/scottish-news/Rangers-fans-sent-11k-george-23713257

WTAF!! As a goodwill gesture Rangers fans were going to donate money towards damages! GGC are ripping the absolute pish. FFS did BLM or celtic fans get billed for defacing street names or pulling down statues? I can’t believe the actual cheek of them! I would tell them they are getting nothing and give all the money to charity! 

The grass and the flowers at GS are a fucking riot, and that’s not how much it costs to plant flowers they can get to fuck

If they wanted to charge every single person there with the bill then fair enough, it would never happen logistically but you couldn't have any complaints

The idea of sending a bill to somebody who started an online whip up for the damages is absolutely bonkers. Go fund me's & the like generally do good things & are supported by people who see a cause and take money out their own pocket to help someone else, if organisations are going to start jumping on them and sending the bill to the organiser then they won't last very long.

Would like to see if they send the bills for outdoor concerts, for the yearly firework display at the green, for any protests/independence marches through the City Centre....

Archived