***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, left winger said:

I’d love to have Jack back for this. I think he’s our best midfielder and gives support to the defence that no other midfielder, we have, does. However, to play him if he’s not fully fit, does risk us losing him for the rest of the season, I reckon. It would be a big gamble.

Fully fit is not a state in which Jack is ever going to find himself this season. He’s always going to be a candidate for a muscle injury.

If he can play, play him. Do we want to regret not playing him when he was available?

If Praha doesn’t score, we go through. Simple as that.

4 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Want Jack in from start for his ability to cover right full back. Suspect they will target Patterson with the boy Sima.

Hope he is fit enough.

Would also start Aribo further forward as they seemed to muscle Hagi out the game a little with pressing and strength.

2-1 to the famous, potentially after E.T.

Hope this doesn’t happen, imagine how nervy extra time would be knowing another goal for them pretty much puts them in control of the tie 

Although Scotty Arfield has been below par since returning from injury, I would lean towards starting him. I thought Hagi was awful last week with the exception of the assist. Hagi is a hard one to predict in a game like this.

Aribo must play further up the park.

So I pick Arfield/Davis/Kamara

Jack to come on if we go 1 or 2-0 up.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Can’t see it going to extra time 

Neither can I tbh mate, would just be brutal sitting through that knowing one goal changes the whole balance of yeh game.

fancy us to win in normal time anyway 

50 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

So buzzing for this. Can you imagine the noise at this if we’d had fans this season?

As much is this is fast becoming my favourite season as a Rangers fan that's the only thing that would top it and that is us following the team home and abroad.

Last week would've probably ended me right enough after doing the session for 55 then jumping on a flight to Prague for 4 days. :lol:

1 hour ago, TamCoopz said:

Hope this doesn’t happen, imagine how nervy extra time would be knowing another goal for them pretty much puts them in control of the tie 

I also hope it doesn't happen.  

Just think this has potential to go to the wire - two undefeated teams.

Let's hope not tho.

Kinda fancy us for this tbh, can see them coming out the blocks again like they did last week, felt like after our goal we were on top up to maybe the last 10 minutes. Obviously I think we can play a lot better than we did last week but I wonder if Slavia could improve on how they played last week, one thing is we'll need to match them on work rate. They worked unbelievably hard against us last week. I'm sure there right back was everywhere.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Jack doesn’t start on Thursday then the club better be pulling him straight out that Scotland squad.

Sure he will be. Gerrard and Jack himself just trying to manage his injuries much better. Probably play both games this week and sit out the one after.

19 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Kinda fancy us for this tbh, can see them coming out the blocks again like they did last week, felt like after our goal we were on top up to maybe the last 10 minutes. Obviously I think we can play a lot better than we did last week but I wonder if Slavia could improve on how they played last week, one thing is we'll need to match them on work rate. They worked unbelievably hard against us last week. I'm sure there right back was everywhere.

Quick, strong and technically good, as you say they looked very good till we scored. We can definitely step up a gear, I think we’ll have to.

1 hour ago, stuart1994 said:

Agree with that. Took us a while to get going but after we scored I thought we were the better side and maybe could have won it. Be a tough game on Thursday but I'm confident of going through.

8 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

I think we’ll need 3 goals plus to win. 
ie, they will score twice.

Hopefully well wrong though. 

Can’t see us scoring 3 plus against them tbh.

We need to hit this conceding loads of goals on the head in Europe. The teams beyond this stage will slaughter us if we carry on that way  

Archived