***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

They play in different positions tbf, arfield is used as one of the sitting 3, hagi is a number ten who aribo is chosen over for god knows what reason 

Arfield came back and Hagi was sacrificed with Aribo going out wide to accommodate him. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I could not agree more E Jay, not enjoyed tonight but this was always a bonus for me, 55 and kicking Terry Munro out the door was what we all wanted so I think we should remember that. 

And with luck ,we take our anger out on the unwashed mate .

Beaten by the better team over the 2 legs. Not too disappointed but a bit sad that we went out with a bit of a whimper. It was all about the league for me this season and we could still do the double. Onwards and upwards as they say, we’ve punched above our weight all season . Beat the Tarriers on Sunday  and it’s happy days again. 

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Roofe fucking murdered that keeper man. You saw him at the end, he’s a fucking vegetable.

I honestly feared the worst when you saw the replay. To quote Alex Ferguson “he could’ve killed him”

Absolutely bottled it. Never tried to take the game to them at all. Players like Arfield are not good enough at all, and Aribo is a shite bag.

Still, 55 was the main goal but much better players needed at this level, and more heart from some.

1 minute ago, FlippinEck said:

How? They got a goal and sat back, we were the only team in the ascendency until the sending off. First game they got their goal, had their possession (first half) , they hardly created enough clear cut chances over both games to say they were all over us, the way the commentators would have you believe. We've been our own worst enemy tonight, we turn up, that's a winnable tie. 

You answer your own question. We got beat by the better team over the 2 legs. It's shit, because you're right, it was a winnable tie. 

1 minute ago, RDB14 said:

Hope we learn from this.  The main difference between the two sides is that they were street wise and we simply weren't.  Gerrard made mistakes tonight too imo, not sure why Hagi was stripped at half time and then Roofe came on.  Should have been Hagi and Helander on.  

Anyway, hopefully this motivates the players to go and put the scum in their place on Sunday (again).  No matter what happens here on out, terrific season.

Spot on 

don’t think Gerrard will hold back in his interview. Seems to be something racial that has been said. Thought he was gonna do him at FT. 

in terms of the two ties very disappointing overall and another learning curve for the team. Can understand why he chose Balogoun given that he is quicker than Helander but it obviously backfired. Same with Arfield. Hagi can pick that pass that no one else in the team can, but understand why he went with the more workman type player. Hope Hagi gets the nod on Sunday as Arfield is still off the pace after his injury.

No criticism of the manager at all after such an amazing season. He will be seething after that and we will be better for the experience next season in Europe.

Ah well. 

Decent run in Europe again but slightly disappointed to go out like that, Leverkausen were head and shoulders above them last season.

Roofe sending off ended any chance we had of getting back in it. On to the chamber of secrets on Sunday. 

Archived