***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Then that booking for Kamara an absolute joke and means he’ll miss a qualifier if I’m not mistaken 

that booking was fuckin disgraceful mate:tu:

1 minute ago, Parma99 said:

But they did bottle it.

Too many players didnt turn  up, and you have to admit most were within their shells. It's ok to say that, dont be upset, but that's what happened. It's not like we played great and got beat. They were good, but we didnt really turn up. 

Just fuck off

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Bollocks, it’s the reason we lost, hindsight irrelevant. If you think it’s some sort of consolation I’m lost for words

The reason we lost was because we were shite, we actually played better until Balogun got sent

Just now, Jeffrey said:

No we couldn't, last 16 is our level. We lost to the better team

Can't agree with this, lost to the better team over the 2 legs, granted.  But we were miles off the level we can play at, especially in Europe.  Had we lost playing how I know we can play, fair enough but cant help but feel that kinda "what if".  

Still really proud of the team on this remarkable season and hopefully we can build on this.  We wont be in the Europa League next season... Champions League baby 😎

Just now, theclothmonster said:

I fucking am, you said you understood why Gerrard started Arfield, I disagree due to him being visibly off the pace since his return from injury. 

Yeah we’re still not disagreeing here.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

We need to learn how to play against teams like this if we ever want to win these competitions. 

a bit like how atletico madrid play:tu:

We either play a team like this at their own game ( can't see it we're not dirty scum cheats ) or we play fast, disciplined football and ignore the cheating. The players are obviously capable of better but I think there was a nervousness there, we certainly have to be better in possession, some 5 yard passes we're criminal.

I thought we would have made the next round but i'm still proud of the team getting this far, we're still learning in Europe and I hope this experience stands us in good stead for the CL qualifiers.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Over the two games, didn't think much of the wonder kid Sima.

Stanciu though, fuck you'd love to sign him, but no doubt way out of our budget.

They re-signed him for €4m last year. Exactly the type of player in our budget. Slavia operate on our type of budget mate, literally anyone in their team is affordable to us (prior to signing for them, of course)

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

Gerrard has most likely said to Davis not to mention it yet. Unfair to criticise him

Get what you’re saying but if it’s what we think it is, that’s a shitebag move and not standing up for his team mates. Only way to stop these racist cunts is to publicise it

9 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I'm disappointed as up to the first red, the game was very even.

Ourselves to blame really.

Would have rather we got outclassed by a much better side TBH.

Agree with your first 2 points. Not the 3rd though, we were beaten but not ‘outclassed’ - that lot wouldn’t know class if it booted them in the face..

Oh, wait...

3 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

The reason we lost was because we were shite, we actually played better until Balogun got sent

The reason we lost is we couldn’t keep 11 men on the park. I’ve seen plenty of European matches where we were out of it but still went through. Going to 10 forced us to concentrate, yes, but all we needed at that point was 1 goal and we were actually the better team at that point.

However as I said earlier we need to applaud the player.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

They were a good side and nothing went our way tonight but end of the day we were beat by the better team. 

We are a force in Europe, and the Champions, its fucking annoying that losing one game and there's this shower of negativity

I agree with what you're saying but the negativity is more frustration we know we're better than what we showed. I was hoping we'd see the reaction Gerrard normally gets at half time when we play like that

Next season, onwards and upwards.

Roofe was foolish, and Balogun too.
That aside, the darker side of the game is something we'll have to learn to deal with.
Especially if we manage to progress from the CL qualifiers.
It's something we really don't see much of in the SPFL.
And it grinds my gears to see decisions based on acting prowess, rather than footballing ability.
But, it's a big part of the continental game,
Unfortunately.

Steep learning curve for our younger players tonight, we're too nice at times and dont make the most out of every situation. 2nd best in both legs,got what we deserved

Great wee adventure but they need to learn the dirty side of the game,even if it means whispering the unspeakable into an opponents ear no and again.

Onward to Sunday and smash those cunts,11 roofes will do for me

We have had a great run in Europe always a bonus but gets more money into the club and experience for the players for what they can expect at this level. They broke the game up and well organised. We weren’t at our best made mistakes which they capitalised on but these games are a step up from what we are used to in the league. The players just need to focus on the next game now.

Archived