***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

Would imagine no one will until Rangers announce whatever happened officially. 

would hope nothing is held back though. Never seen a reaction like that from my team. 

it was so clear he made a racist remark you could tell by the reaction of zungu and goldson who must have heard it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Parma99 said:

But they did bottle it.

Too many players didnt turn  up, and you have to admit most were within their shells. It's ok to say that, dont be upset, but that's what happened. It's not like we played great and got beat. They were good, but we didnt really turn up. 

We didn’t play as well as we can over these 2 games but we’ve played better this year against better teams so how can you say anybody bottled it ffs 

Our team lost a bit of rhythm and momentum, since winning the league and the loss of influential players 

the main prize is secure we bottled nothing in a season when bottles could have crashed all over the place like the scum have done

8 minutes ago, Parma99 said:

I have no problem with us losing, seen it plenty of times. Sometimes its due to quality, sometimes bad luck, and sometimes its bottle.

Tonight it was bottled. They were scared from the beginning and allowed Slavia to dictate the play.

We'll learn a lot and it's an amazing journey. Its obvious now which players have the talent and which dont. 

I'm not sure it was bottled. Arfield was the wrong choice though. These games suit Hagi.

9 minutes ago, Parma99 said:

I have no problem with us losing, seen it plenty of times. Sometimes its due to quality, sometimes bad luck, and sometimes its bottle.

Tonight it was bottled. They were scared from the beginning and allowed Slavia to dictate the play.

We'll learn a lot and it's an amazing journey. Its obvious now which players have the talent and which dont. 

Mate, after the season we’ve had you should be ashamed of yourself using the term ‘bottled’ of this team.

All season they have delivered against all odds, when we were down, playing poorly we found a way to win. The overarching take away was the will to win, the refusal to be beaten.

I’m gutted, but proud of a wonderful run, even better season, winning 55, securing what looks like automatic CL, yet you choose to say we bottled it, have a fucking word.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt but tbh it would be easier to comprehend if you were one of those cunts.

1 minute ago, five stars said:

It's a powerful header but should McGregor of kept it out? But the main error was the absolute ease with which they were getting crosses in early in the game. Looked a tactical fuck up.

It’s a decent header and low into the ground. Shouldn’t be given that space in the box and I don’t fault McGregor for it. He gets a hand to it but IMO he does well to even get that.

Just now, Big Al 55 said:

Mate, after the season we’ve had you should be ashamed of yourself using the term ‘bottled’ of this team.

All season they have delivered against all odds, when we were down, playing poorly we found a way to win. The overarching view from all was the will to win, the refusal to be beaten.

I’m gutted, but proud of a wonderful run, even better season, winning 55, securing what looks like automatic CL, yet you choose to say we bottled it, have a fucking word.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt but tbh it would be easier to comprehend if you were one of those cunts.

Please dont be offended by my comments. I honestly don't mean it as a negative. It's just my view on 'why' we lost. I honestly dont think they had more quality in their team. We just didn't rise to the occasion, which unfortunately also means bottling it. We've had an amazing season, couldn't be prouder. We go again next year.

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

It's a powerful header but should McGregor of kept it out? But the main error was the absolute ease with which they were getting crosses in early in the game. Looked a tactical fuck up.

Not McGregors fault IMO

I’ve no idea why over both legs we played so narrow, three players we essentially had to cover that right side Aribo, Arfield & Patterson and they’re all standing between 5/10 yards inside of the man who crosses the ball if memory serves which wasn’t a one off they had a lot of space and easy switches to wide areas in both games 

2 minutes ago, five stars said:

Thought Arfield was really poor not even attempting to stop the cross, plus Goldson and possibly McGregor. All round, was not great.

The tie could have gone either way until Roofe's sending off. We're two evenly matched sides and we had a bad day at the office, they played well and are classless into the bargain, so that bought them a slight advantage. 

But of a sore one, but very proud. 

8 minutes ago, Parma99 said:

Please dont be offended by my comments. I honestly don't mean it as a negative. It's just my view on 'why' we lost. I honestly dont think they had more quality in their team. We just didn't rise to the occasion, which unfortunately also means bottling it. We've had an amazing season, couldn't be prouder. We go again next year.

Stop using the term ‘bottled’ it then. It’s all we heard from them after break last year. This team have bottled nothing this year.

They played really poorly tonight, Roofe was clear red, but unlucky, we were right in the game, there was nothing between the teams at that point.

Bottled it is something I expect to read on Kerrydale St.

Arfield had a shocker and  was the wrong choice tonight and Balogun should have been taken off when he got his final warning. Apart from that no complaints, thought they stopped us playing , more than we played particularly badly. The better team won. Cheating racist cunts yes, but just that wee bit of class  above us. All in all a decen season in Europe.

Archived