***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad that too many of our players had an off day in such an important game. The first half was littered with misplaced passes and basic slovenliness. For me Kamara was superb all through, Alfredo and Paterson were great but apart from these 3 the rest ranged from average to sloppy, outplayed, outpaced and lacked commitment.

I did think the referee was more than weak and conned too often by a team who knew how to take advantage. Maybe if there was a full house a lot of his decisions would have been more evenhanded. I believe our team selection was wrong and that Hagi should have started instead of Arfield. 

It has been a wonderful journey and a fantastic season and so happy we are back as number one in Scotland and a competitive team in Europe.

Just to get to this stage again has been great but for us to progress we needed everyone bang on it which obviously didn’t happen. However, with a ref who had lost the match after 10mins and the antics from their players,  even with a better performance we still would likely have lost out. Going out against a far superior side in ability terms I can take, but to go out to those cheating bastards hasn’t half fucked me off.

7 hours ago, dougal72 said:

Arfield had a shocker and  was the wrong choice tonight and Balogun should have been taken off when he got his final warning. Apart from that no complaints, thought they stopped us playing , more than we played particularly badly. The better team won. Cheating racist cunts yes, but just that wee bit of class  above us. All in all a decen season in Europe.

I think over the two games we were very evenly matched. Tonight they had a tactic of throwing themselves to the ground every opportunity and conning the referee. Kent was kicked up and down the park by different players so they were getting away with it. I’m not blaming the ref though. Arfield, I agree, was the wrong choice and I said to my husband in the first half Balogun was going to be sent off. Overall I’m disappointed not to be going through to the quarter finals but I’m not raging that we’re not. Personally I think if it’s proven that their player was racially abusive to Kamara then they should be kicked out of Europe (and I don’t think we should be out back in - we were beaten on the park). Disgraceful tactics. 

26 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I think over the two games we were very evenly matched. Tonight they had a tactic of throwing themselves to the ground every opportunity and conning the referee. Kent was kicked up and down the park by different players so they were getting away with it. I’m not blaming the ref though. Arfield, I agree, was the wrong choice and I said to my husband in the first half Balogun was going to be sent off. Overall I’m disappointed not to be going through to the quarter finals but I’m not raging that we’re not. Personally I think if it’s proven that their player was racially abusive to Kamara then they should be kicked out of Europe (and I don’t think we should be out back in - we were beaten on the park). Disgraceful tactics. 

It just shows the lows that some teams will drop too to get a win. Thing is is the Kent thing wouldnt have been an accident, the issue is is referees being far to soft and not having a grip on the game. A simple play on nips it on the bud.

I intially did think Arfield was the right choice to give the full backs more cover but he has been iffy. Balogun I didnt even noticed at first on the team sheet but if helander had a niggle there isnt much you can do about that unfortunately.

Still immensely proud of the team, thats been 2 defeats basically a year. Hopefully the authorities will deal with Slavia and I fully agree, they should be put out the tournament and whoever there next opponents wouldve been just go ahead to the next round. 

36 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Def I would love them to be kicked out as a slimy cheaten team.

But I would expect us to say no we were beaten fair and square and give the team that was drawn next to be given a free pass .

1 hour ago, Dickie1963 said:

Here's how it could go.

Roofe given 3 match ban.

Someone did beat up the Slavia player in the tunnel.

Probably Goldson, 3 to 5 match ban.

Racism accusation unproven. No further action. 

If that happens UEFA should be slaughtered by all and sundry.

6 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

UEFA have confirmed they are investigating a ruck in the tunnel.

Big fine and bans for players.

Looks like we have made a bad situation worse.

As I said racism not proven. 

What kind of fucking pish is this?

Making up shite, and then somehow having a go at Rangers. Get to fuck man. 

9 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They had 2 shots on target and we had 1.

Our red cards obviously ficked us up. 

Hurts like he'll to lose but I truly think we were the better team until the Red cards.

I will sleep well tonight knowing our players played their best with integrity.

Their players are an embarrassment to football!

You can't  call that sport.

Disgusting.

We weren’t. They were stronger over the two legs up to that point. We were coming into the game as Roofe went off, but it is what it is. Onto Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

UEFA have confirmed they are investigating a ruck in the tunnel.

Big fine and bans for players.

Looks like we have made a bad situation worse.

As I said racism not proven. 

And the attack in the tunnel has been proven? 😂

you’ve had a shocker there 

The issue with this is there is absolutely no way we can prove what that guy said to Kamara & Zungu saying he heard it won't make a shred of difference.

Personally I'm 100% sure he's said something along the lines of what's being reported, otherwise there's no reason for Kamara to kick off the way he did.

However in previous cases unless the officials or someone impartial reports it then nothing will be done.

All this leaves me very uneasy for Sunday tbh . The scum wil pounce of this, and try to do similar IMO 

And with this last night , it will just make us look bad . Hope we win with style on Sunday but I'm not sure we will be allowed too 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

All this leaves me very uneasy for Sunday tbh . The scum wil pounce of this, and try to do similar IMO 

And with this last night , it will just make us look bad . Hope we win with style on Sunday but I'm not sure we will be allowed too 

You could be correct mate. You said the same at the start of the season about us ever winning the league again and your prediction was so close that I think you might be right here 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Even the scum, with the exception of the thumb would not go to the depths of these pricks if we are honest.

You can see from the social media stuff last night, these Czech players and fans are on a different level to anything over here.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Even the scum, with the exception of the thumb would not go to the depths of these pricks if we are honest.

You can see from the social media stuff last night, these Czech players and fans are on a different level to anything over here.

I’m not so sure mate, @eejay the dj has been spot on with nearly all of his past predictions. If he feels uneasy I feel uneasy 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Truth disnae go down well on here EJ.

Archived