***** The Official Rangers vs Slavia Praha Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

not sure how to feel. we've came this far unbeaten so fingers crossed we go out there and pump them. forget about the away goal. just get out there and score more goals than them. they will score so we absolutely need to just beat them with more goals. can't be settling for a 0-0 which i think is the only way the away goal will help us. if it's 1-1 then fuck taking the game to extra time or penalties.

Im not actually sure they will, we were poor for long spells last week and they still didn’t really create a whole lot 

Their goal came from a miraculous long range effort and McGregors save from a set piece 

But that being said we should be approaching this on the front foot to win the game on the night and like you said forgetting about our away goal 

36 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Fucking nerves have kicked in big time. 

I don’t really get them in Europe tbh.

If we get to a stage we look like we are about to win a quarter final and then a semi I will be nervous as fuck but right now there’s nothing 

Hope we turn on the quality tonight. Expect it'll probably be a tight game but if we grabbed a couple of first half goals to settle the nerves then that would be ideal.

Win on the night Rangers, that's all that we need to do!

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I have quite a bad feeling about tonight btw and I haven’t had that all season. Not a nervous feeling just a bad one 

Hate to say it but I've also had a strange feeling in my gut since this morning. 

100% hope I'm totally wrong though. 

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Patterson.

It will be Patterson because he’s performed well there in Tavs absence and he allows us to continue attacking using both full backs.

Only reason you could possibly be saying Balogun is you’re hoping we park the bus and try nick a win. Fuck that, that has disaster written all over it. 

I like big Leon for corners and free kicks, defending and attacking. Gives us more height than Nathan can.

These outplayed and pumped out a very good Leicester side at home. Regardless of rogers poor record in Europe Leicester are still a top premiership team so we have to be at the top of our form to go through in this one. I believe Stevie and the lads can do this.

14 minutes ago, Mafeking St. said:

I like big Leon for corners and free kicks, defending and attacking. Gives us more height than Nathan can.

Since he hasn’t scored for us yet what are you liking about what he gives us in an attacking sense mate? 

Just how he looks jumping?

I trust Gerrard, a man who knows more than anybody in Scotland about how to get through a two legged European tie, to get the set up and the plan right. It is more important that Slavia do not score than it is we score. If they do not score we go through. This will not be wide open. Be happy with plenty of sterile possession. It’s going to be a long 90 minutes.

Archived