Remember Remember ....

A.T.G

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I turned down a ticket to the 5-0 game mentioned in the OP and turned the tv off before half-time watching it is how bad it was at that point 

Remember seeing the score line increase on Sky Sports news and thinking this is probably what supporting a club like Aberdeen feels like 

It was a horrendous time tbh. Felt like near constant pumpings.

Big difference is, Aberdeen would be fairly satisfied with that result against them for some reason. 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I turned down a ticket to the 5-0 game mentioned in the OP and turned the tv off before half-time watching it is how bad it was at that point 

Remember seeing the score line increase on Sky Sports news and thinking this is probably what supporting a club like Aberdeen feels like 

Lasted 14 minutes and switched off after they scored their first goal, knew it was going to be another hiding. 

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Fuck them.

Another fucking lot that couldn't keep their mouths shut. 

When it comes to point scoring over pedophilia its a no go for me. I totally get some peoples stance on it but its not for me due to reasons i cant disclose on this forum. As for the Lisbon Lions i wouldn't wish death upon anyone especially a bunch of bitter old men. 

54 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We aren’t years ahead of them and it’s ridiculous to think we are.

Decent management team and a couple of good windows and they turn it around.

Totally agree. They are an absolute *shambles right now and we are flying but football can change very quickly. 

You never know what is going to happen in any given season. 

Our current setup is the most professional it has been in many a year and our squad is outstanding right now but that doesn't guarantee anything in football. 

*When I was typing that word the predictive text changed it to shamless :mutley:

36 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Tbh I have a feeling we aren’t winning at the weekend .Tonight is massive ,so a positive result here is first priority .I honestly don’t think we will be allowed to win on Sunday .That’s just me though 

As long as the four priests officiating don’t contrive a defeat for us on Sunday, I’ll be happy. We are, quite simply, a much better team than them and I hope that is allowed to show through.

And, re the comments about the 5-0 game in particular, I remember being really surprised that they stopped at five. Just checked and the fifth goal was scored on 53 minutes. I was fearing the worst but they seemed to ease up. I would hope that, in the same position (we were shite and absolutely shattered), we would keep punishing them and be looking for eight or nine.

Be nice on Sunday but the Father Ted reunion won’t let that happen imo.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

As long as the four priests officiating don’t contrive a defeat for us on Sunday, I’ll be happy. We are, quite simply, a much better team than them and I hope that is allowed to show through.

And, re the comments about the 5-0 game in particular, I remember being really surprised that they stopped at five. Just checked and the fifth goal was scored on 53 minutes. I was fearing the worst but they seemed to ease up. I would hope that, in the same position (we were shite and absolutely shattered), we would keep punishing them and be looking for eight or nine.

Be nice on Sunday but the Father Ted reunion won’t let that happen imo.

Apparently the new idea is that because we have already won the title, the 4 priests are going to let us win. 
this place 😂

I don't like all this "years ahead of them" patter, that was a big part of their undoing and we should be better than that.

Although,Now that we have our boot on their throats we need to put all our weight on it and keep it there for as long as we can

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

I agreed to swap a shift so I didn’t have to watch us lose 5-1 to them at Ibrox. That’s how bad it was back then.

Was a horrible run of games v them I was leaving before half time. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

This!

We, and more importantly the board, can't let us think this is just going to be the way of things now and become complacent. Despite them having a couple of awful windows they will still have one of the two biggest budgets in the league by a country mile. We can't stop them from winning 34 other league games and I thought as much when we weren't winning the league and they thought it would be that way forever!

1 hour ago, TheJacketRFC said:

When it comes to point scoring over pedophilia its a no go for me. I totally get some peoples stance on it but its not for me due to reasons i cant disclose on this forum. As for the Lisbon Lions i wouldn't wish death upon anyone especially a bunch of bitter old men. 

Nothing to do with paedophiles tbh

Great post, but us years ahead of them, them years ahead of us is clearly nonsense, as history has shown on several occasions.

For balance of power to switch we know all it takes is several departures with poor replacements versus some very prudent recruitment.

And of course confidence coursing through the squad is massive.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

👍 hadn’t read your post when I wrote the exact same thing. Spot on.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The key here is not staying still and resting on what we have done.

Under gerrard I don't see complacency setting in at all. He has high ambitions to not only be the best team in Scotland but to continue to advance in Europe. 

The scum were just content with winning the league and chasing the tainted 10. 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I was at the game, think I lasted until 75 minutes.

Half our bus got taxis home at half time 😂 

I left at 2-0 and got a taxi on London Road. I heard the third going in as I was getting in it :megaanguish:

Years probably is a bit OTT. but celtic are on the edge of a sword walking into this managerial decision, they could make a right cunt of it with the fragile state of their squad at the moment. 

All the games and moments mentioned in the OP mean fuck all to anyone now in reality, legit pfft who cares moments now. If a tramp ever mentions them in the boozer from now on the reply to each and every one of those games now is  "oh aye them, the team that fucked up 10" as you then watch the sad disappointment in their mockit wee faces as they gasp for a comeback that simply isn't coming.... "ehmm ehhhh uhmmm yeez are deid" - aye, aye ma pal of course we are. 

Archived