• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re well known for ludicrous opinions but fuck me, the guys been a colossus this season and everyone has an off day.

We’ve just been beaten by a more well drilled team. Roofe was stupid, Balogun even more so, but I don’t think we were winning this tonight at any point. This lot are a very decent team and while I’m a

Last year we just went out to a better side. This year it was self inflicted. As much as this season has been great, we could certainly have went through here. Anyway, still Champions,

2 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

This is the level of opponent we will need to beat if we want to reach the champions League group stages.

A very decent side, coupled with us being pretty silly at times tonight gave us next to no chance.

Focus on the cup and finish off a great season with another trophy.

Naw it’s no 

I think they were the much better team across the two legs but that starting 11 was appalling and then his stubbornness to not change it early was frustrating. 

I get why he chanced arfield and balogan but neither looked sharp or match fit. Why not make the subs early. And then when he did sub it was for one player thats clearly not up to speed for another. 

He takes the plaudits and rightly so after a fantastic season but we did not do ourselves justice at all and went out with a whimper. He needs to reflect on tonight imo and learn some harsh lessons from it. 

Was a bit disappointed we didn’t press them tonight like Gerrard alluded to at the end of last weeks game 

Personnel changes needed much earlier than they happened as well but then everything that could go wrong for us did 

delparlane likes this
18 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Slavia are a ckass above anythingcweve met this season.  Just a step too far . . . for now . 

Their definitely not a class above, just a well organised team 

jack, tav , Helander in we would have won that

Bad Robot likes this
1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

Look, Roofe’s red was during a spell where we were pinning them back. There is no shame being beaten, especially with 9 men, but I’ll always wonder what we could have done if Roofe hadn’t gone for that.

Didn’t do enough to test their keeper, but aye. Keep it 11v11 and who knows, with hindsight I’d have taken Balogun off earlier - he’d been giving away a number of fouls already.

delparlane likes this
2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

They're a good side.

They get under the opposition skin and it leads to mistakes. They beat Leicester in the exact same way by making them feel uncomfortable. 

We're a fantastic side in Europe, let's not be too rash here. 

Both teams at their best and I think we're the stronger team, we just had far too many players way off it.

We were outclassed against Leverkusen at the same stage last season, this is one we should have won.

Referee was fucking shocking which didn't help, although we got away with one with Balogun's penalty decision.

Bad Robot and delparlane like this

Beaten by the better team over 2 legs but not the better team imo.  We didn't play to our full potential and maybe showed a bit too much respect, especially in first half of first leg.   We started the game with the right intensity but that first goal was always going to be clinical, but from the minute it went in I feared tonight maybe too much for us.  Horrible opposition but unfortunately we couldn't expose them. 

Bad Robot and delparlane like this

I can understand Leon starting but in hindsight Helander should have started. I would have put on Hagi instead of Roofe but that’s football and I think Roofe does need to go for that tackle albeit it’s high. Patterson done ok, Morelos had a good 5 minutes at the end of first half and Kent tried. Lots of short passes. Disappointing to go out like.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

Good side but they totally unlikeable with the diving and dirty tactics. 

We've showing we can hold our own in Europe and play some brilliant stuff. In order to progress and go up a level. We will need to add that extra quailty. 

I think because they're hugely unlikeable it makes them far more tricky. I don't think you'll play against many sides like that in Europe. 

I despise them after that game - they brought it to a level that we struggled not to react to.