Tonight

ScottBF2

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Scored a good goal against Braga but happy for you to state when he’s played well in Europe or even tougher games in Scotland.

Signed as a midfielder but now he’s to be played in front 3 because he can’t play in midfield.

Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren at Ibrox are his level.

crap but funny thing is you feel happy with that statement hmmmmmm

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Wouldn't get too carried away with Slavia Prague - up until Roofe sending off we're still well in it. We didn't create much, but neither did they. They were well orgsnised, strong and kept the ball well but certainly beatable. Midfield is certainly an area we need to strengthen. 

Think everyone will learn from this and come the CL next season we will be in a better position. 

They were the better side over the two legs. Disappointing that moments went against us in the second half tonight, but that's football. Don't think we looked like doing a great deal of damage prior to the Roofe sending off - though we still had Hagi to come on. 

Sloppy goal to give away to put us on the back foot too, but the most frustrating part is that is a missed opportunity because they're not at the same level as the likes of Leverkusen. Still a good side though, with plenty of European pedigree. Wouldn't be surprised if we end up drawing them in the CL qualifiers next year for a rematch.

The squad has given it everything this year and to arrive at the last 16 without having lost a match in europe and topped our group is a superb effort from the boys. Minimum requirement this year was the league title, but the standards have been set so high and this has been a welcome bonus. 

Ok, we've gone out of europe tonight, the end of a very good run which has earned us a fair amount of money, a coefficient which will help us and a reputation of not being push overs.

It will also help us in our remaining domestic games. We have 6 league games, can we finish as unbeaten Champions, plus Scottish cup games to come, all without europe being on our minds and the extra games against top class euro teams.

Think both teams are quite even overall. I reckon they are full of runners and very fit, which is why I’m surprised we went with arfield tonight. Especially if the other man in the middle is Davis. Neither are known for there running prowess. 

It’s just a shame we got the reds as I think we would have thrown everything at it in the last 30 mins.

Still a great run this season, hopefully something similar to look forward to next season. 

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Scored a good goal against Braga but happy for you to state when he’s played well in Europe or even tougher games in Scotland.

Signed as a midfielder but now he’s to be played in front 3 because he can’t play in midfield.

Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren at Ibrox are his level.

Scored the opener against Antwerp last round ffs. Was brilliant that night. Was brilliant against Lech Poznan earlier in the competition. 

Aye there is room for a lot of improvement mainly in his consistency but he has that same issue in the league.

Canny write him off as no good enough.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Scored the opener against Antwerp last round ffs. Was brilliant that night. Was brilliant against Lech Poznan earlier in the competition. 

Aye there is room for a lot of improvement mainly in his consistency but he has that same issue in the league.

Canny write him off as no good enough.

He was piss poor  in Antwerp apart from goal.

We’ve now tried him at left midfield, right midfield, right wing and in past two games at point of diamond.

A complete passenger and worse that that a shitebag when the going gets tough.

He’s a big unit and in past two games he’s been bullied by this Prague team.

1 hour ago, ScottBF2 said:

We’ve just been beaten by a more well drilled team. Roofe was stupid, Balogun even more so, but I don’t think we were winning this tonight at any point. This lot are a very decent team and while I’m annoyed and gutted we’re not progressing I’m proud of the boys for getting as far as they have.

If you’d offered any of us these outcomes at the start of the season we’d have bitten your hand off, time to focus on the Scottish Cup now and progressing from this.

Gerrard and Beale need to go look at how we adapt to this style of play because other teams will take notice of this tonight. 

I really don't want to criticise the management or team tonight as I'm still buzzing from winning the league but I do think we worried about them too much instead of focusing on what we could do which always comes back to haunt you in Europe.

Arfield had no right to start over Hagi although I get the tactical reasons why he did but Roofe definitely should not have been on instead of Hagi.

Our game didn't need runners up top it needed drive and something different from midfield to link up with Alfie and Kent which Hagi would have done. That's my opinion but again we've done fantastic all year and went out to a well drilled team.

Proud bear tonight regardless of the way the game panned out.

Agreed, Roofe shocking but unlucky, Balogun two justified yellows, Shagger error but no one could dare criticise.

Arfield poor game. Aribo a passenger but still young so not fair to write him off at this or any level yet.

Hugely proud, wonderful run to single handedly secure automatic CL place for 21/22

45 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Wouldn't get too carried away with Slavia Prague - up until Roofe sending off we're still well in it. We didn't create much, but neither did they. They were well orgsnised, strong and kept the ball well but certainly beatable. Midfield is certainly an area we need to strengthen. 

i said much the same in another thread  i do think our players gave everything to get 55  and when we did that  we reached a high  and we just could not get ourselves up for the last 2 games  i know people will  say you should be up for every game etc  but human nature  you reach a peak then struggle to get up again

1 hour ago, andyhrfc said:

Think everyone will learn from this and come the CL next season we will be in a better position. 

Gerrard and Wilson will know where we need to strengthen - might take another couple of transfer windows imo to go to next level in europe.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’ve now tried him at left midfield, right midfield, right wing and in past two games at point of diamond.

Canny be fucked responding to people calling any player in our team a shitebag when he is a big part of a historic season. 

2 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

Agreed, Roofe shocking but unlucky, Balogun two justified yellows, Shagger error but no one could dare criticise.

Arfield poor game. Aribo a passenger but still young so not fair to write him off at this or any level yet.

Hugely proud, wonderful run to single handedly secure automatic CL place for 21/22

24 is not young

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I pray we sell him in the summer, I really do.

We were overran in midfield and we aren’t the most physical in there and that showed last night. We all know we need to strengthen in the middle of the park and Gerrard will know that also. Still feel we need a bit more pace upfront or in the wide position just to change it up a bit especially in Europe.

Archived