Jump to content

next season if we want to play CL football


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The Euro Campaign has been absolutely fantastic but we’re relying, almost exclusively, on a near 37 yr old and Kamara to carry us through every game in midfield and when Morelos plays we play (Benfica, Antwerp, Antwerp)

i’ll say it till i’m blue in face, we absolutely are crying out for a natural right sided attacker - not a converted striker (Roofe), Not a converted 10 (Hagi) or not a left sided midfielder who gets shoehorned into that position (Aribo)

Great points, if their 17 Provod is in our midfield beside Kamara we are winning that tie home and away.

Jack’s lack of fitness is a major concern that compounds the step up to even CL qualifier level.

DrLaudrup likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have a quality defender to partner Goldson but we dropped him tonight

Total myth

Think we need better quality in midfield to partner Kamara. He's the one that steps it up at this level and looks better than the rest. When he doesn't look better than the rest of the midfield in the

Posted Images

5 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Aside from Rangers I’m not sure there’s a player in Scotland who could make the Slavia first 11.

There's at least one thumb-shaped racist who'd fit right in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kamara is head and shoulders above anyone else in squad at this level bar peak Morelos.

 

IDK, Tav and Barasic (when playing together it seems) at their peak are outstanding. especially Borna. his delivery is outstanding. Best attacking full back ive ever seen at rangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to be realistic and look at our budget and recognise that while all our players have flaws at this level and Champions League qualification is going to be tough, it's going to be very hard to upgrade without spending a lot of money that we can't really afford.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stevemac said:

IDK, Tav and Barasic (when playing together it seems) at their peak are outstanding. especially Borna. his delivery is outstanding. Best attacking full back ive ever seen at rangers.

Don't know about Barisic being our best LB tbh. He is good, but Newman imo is head and shoulders better and defensively Barisic gives me the fear. 

Ivybank likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stevemac said:

IDK, Tav and Barasic (when playing together it seems) at their peak are outstanding. especially Borna. his delivery is outstanding. Best attacking full back ive ever seen at rangers.

Barasic is quality and Tav is a good player but Kamara and Morelos are different level.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We have to be realistic and look at our budget and recognise that while all our players have flaws at this level and Champions League qualification is going to be tough, it's going to be very hard to upgrade without spending a lot of money that we can't really afford.

 

 

It will come down to player trading.

Is there a player or players we can lose for a fee that wont weaken us and allow us to upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A proper CDM and a goal scoring threat are a must.

Nmandi Ofoborh who we picked up from Bournemouth could be that, hopefully kicks on the rest of his loan spell at wycombe before he joins us. (as a CDM)

Not really though of any goalscoring attacking midfielders in the Arfield role tbh. not sure who could replace him for european football anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Nmandi Ofoborh who we picked up from Bournemouth could be that, hopefully kicks on the rest of his loan spell at wycombe before he joins us. (as a CDM)

Not really though of any goalscoring attacking midfielders in the Arfield role tbh. not sure who could replace him for european football anyway.

Hardly think a guy who can’t get a game for Wycombe is going to be the answer in top level European games in all honesty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hardly think a guy who can’t get a game for Wycombe is going to be the answer in top level European games in all honesty.

he is mainly a sub for them, however you can't write anyone off on that alone. this management team have a great record of improving players and getting the very best out of them. Not saying he will be Elite European level, but he has all the potential and ability to reach the very top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hardly think a guy who can’t get a game for Wycombe is going to be the answer in top level European games in all honesty.

Kamara was warming the bench at Dundee when we picked him up.

In saying that, I tend to agree that the odds are he wont be able to step in an play at that level instantly, but he is a more of a project signing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Kamara was warming the bench at Dundee when we picked him up.

In saying that, I tend to agree that the odds are he wont be able to step in an play at that level instantly, but he is a more of a project signing. 

Kamara was an international footballer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevemac said:

IDK, Tav and Barasic (when playing together it seems) at their peak are outstanding. especially Borna. his delivery is outstanding. Best attacking full back ive ever seen at rangers.

Barisic isn’t the best attacking full back in our squad never mind ever. Tavernier’s better than him.

Blue Avenger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We have to be realistic and look at our budget and recognise that while all our players have flaws at this level and Champions League qualification is going to be tough, it's going to be very hard to upgrade without spending a lot of money that we can't really afford.

 

 

I’m not so sure.

If our coaching team have proved anything its that they can get the best out of players who were previously considered bang average.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hardly think a guy who can’t get a game for Wycombe is going to be the answer in top level European games in all honesty.

Agreed. This lad from Wycombe wouldn’t get in to the current Europa squad. Don’t know why he would get in to a Champions League squad for next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...