Helander vs Balogun

nik2402

I’m left baffled when I see these two even compared to each other like they are in the same level. Am I the only one who doesn’t understand it?

Keep hearing Balogun has pace. Which is true. But there’s a reason he has to use it and that’s because he’s constantly out of position. His first booking is at the right back position. 

Not saying we’d have won with Helander starting but think Gerrards made a mistake with the selection tonight. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davie Weir was slower than Helander when he played with us. Positioning and reading of the game beats, having to use pace, to cover your lack of defensive mind-set or inexperience. Helander to start on Sunday. 

In games where we’re going for a high press Balogun is going to be favoured. Gerrard might change it up now, but he lets us get on the front foot quicker and leave more space in behind.

Personally I prefer Helander though.

I said if after our St. mirren defeat. 

and then Motherwell 1-1. 

Balogun is our number 3. Possibly 4th depending on others. He is good for at least one mistake per game and tonight shows me his level against a comparable quality team in Europe. 

massively over rated by so many. 

Balogun is a decent player and has played well in games. Tonight he had a bit of a nightmare and the time he wanted on the ball was a worry from the get go. But both center half's tonight looked out of sorts and some of the balls forward took an age to happen. It's hard to tell when watching on TV if it's down to a lack of movement up front.

Archived