Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, AlCapone said:

How can you actually prove it though? Not saying he didn’t 

UEFA are talking a good game against racism, and now we will find out if they are prepared to take action. You are never going to get a signed confession, but the circumstances here probably present as strong a case as you will get.

He covers his mouth, because he has something to hide. The tie is dead, we have nothing to gain by making the allegation.

As Steven Gerrard nearly said at the the press conference, UEFA it's time to piss or get off the pot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve no interest in getting into the QFs via the back door, if that’s what UEFA decide to do. Give whoever these wanks draw tomorrow a bye into the semis and kick the racist cunts out of the comp

After that clearly racist incident the players should have walked off in solidarity. We were well beaten but that wee prick was a disgrace.  Goldson getting a yellow too at the incident was

Unreal that we go through the apparent pantomime of our players holding up red cards, taking the knee before each game and yet when racism actually happens the captain gets booked for pointing it out.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

UEFA are talking a good game against racism, and now we will find out if they are prepared to take action. You are never going to get a signed confession, but the circumstances here probably present as strong a case as you will get.

He covers his mouth, because he has something to hide. The tie is dead, we have nothing to gain by making the allegation.

As Steven Gerrard nearly said at the the press conference, UEFA it's time to piss or get off the pot.

I don’t disagree that by covering his mouth and the reaction he got that it points to something racist. Not one for sticking up for UEFA but unless it can be proved he said it I'm not sure that they can throw the book at him. Personally if it was a rangers player I would want him sacked but again if he denies it then you have to pay up his contract. In short I’ve no doubt he said it but the difficulty is proving it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, but there is no unified rule so the decision in the current situation lies with the players. Gerrard asked the question and possibly Kamara didn’t hear but it seems he chose to stay on the park which is fair enough. There has been too many incidents like this in recent years. The situation is not getting better. UEFA need to be strong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/03/2021 at 22:35, superallysbears said:

Should have said fuck this and walked off the pitch.

I don't agree with walking off the pitch, why should the person who's been abused leave? There should be some sort of signal that the player can give to let the ref know he's been racially abused. The ref can then put it in his match report so that the authorities can investigate the complaint.  

If players are suffering from this abuse in this day and age, then players should be allowed to where head sets that can record what is said. At the same time it may also deter the offenders from saying anything in the first place. Thoughts?

demise and DiamondDan like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't agree with walking off the pitch, why should the person who's been abused leave? There should be some sort of signal that the player can give to let the ref know he's been racially abused. The ref can then put it in his match report so that the authorities can investigate the complaint.  

If players are suffering from this abuse in this day and age, then players should be allowed to where head sets that can record what is said. At the same time it may also deter the offenders from saying anything in the first place. Thoughts?

While I agree with your sentiment, racism in football remains a wider issue than deterring opposition players from making racist comments. Just because something is not said does not make the individual any less racist. Whether it be on the park or in the terraces I think there will always be a minority who harbour racist views or even voice them.

There are some who would say it’s about re-educating people but I don’t buy into that. The reason - an anecdotal story from the League Cup semi-final a couple of seasons back. It was the match Sadiq started for us and had a bit of a nightmare. The man (I use the term loosely) sat behind me decided after a bad passage of play that it was acceptable to shout “black b*****d, f*****g n****r at him. I turned and said to him that there was no need for the racist comments and reminded him that Sadiq was indeed wearing our jersey. This ‘person’ was of the view that it was fine to shout racist abuse at anyone of colour if they were ‘shit’ in his eyes. He then tried to claim that nobody else was bothered by his comment but to be fair, after I raised it as a problem a few other Bears also told him to shut up in no uncertain terms.

I know this individual is not representative of our fans in general, indeed, for all I know he may have only been attending that match as a one off and never actually goes to the football. However, do you think he went home and reflected on his behaviour and how harmful his views could potentially be? I highly doubt it. Do I think he can be educated to understand why what he did was wrong? Not really. And this is my point, how can we change the culture of racism in football if perpetrators are unwilling to accept that their views and beliefs are outdated at best, and inherently wrong at worst. 

Sweetheart likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBagalag said:

While I agree with your sentiment, racism in football remains a wider issue than deterring opposition players from making racist comments. Just because something is not said does not make the individual any less racist. Whether it be on the park or in the terraces I think there will always be a minority who harbour racist views or even voice them.

There are some who would say it’s about re-educating people but I don’t buy into that. The reason - an anecdotal story from the League Cup semi-final a couple of seasons back. It was the match Sadiq started for us and had a bit of a nightmare. The man (I use the term loosely) sat behind me decided after a bad passage of play that it was acceptable to shout “black b*****d, f*****g n****r at him. I turned and said to him that there was no need for the racist comments and reminded him that Sadiq was indeed wearing our jersey. This ‘person’ was of the view that it was fine to shout racist abuse at anyone of colour if they were ‘shit’ in his eyes. He then tried to claim that nobody else was bothered by his comment but to be fair, after I raised it as a problem a few other Bears also told him to shut up in no uncertain terms.

I know this individual is not representative of our fans in general, indeed, for all I know he may have only been attending that match as a one off and never actually goes to the football. However, do you think he went home and reflected on his behaviour and how harmful his views could potentially be? I highly doubt it. Do I think he can be educated to understand why what he did was wrong? Not really. And this is my point, how can we change the culture of racism in football if perpetrators are unwilling to accept that their views and beliefs are outdated at best, and inherently wrong at worst. 

Jesus. Well done for calling it out, mate. Horrendous behaviour

TBagalag likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't agree with walking off the pitch, why should the person who's been abused leave? There should be some sort of signal that the player can give to let the ref know he's been racially abused. The ref can then put it in his match report so that the authorities can investigate the complaint.  

If players are suffering from this abuse in this day and age, then players should be allowed to where head sets that can record what is said. At the same time it may also deter the offenders from saying anything in the first place. Thoughts?

I think walking off would have brought more attention to the situation.

Sweetheart likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TBagalag said:

While I agree with your sentiment, racism in football remains a wider issue than deterring opposition players from making racist comments. Just because something is not said does not make the individual any less racist. Whether it be on the park or in the terraces I think there will always be a minority who harbour racist views or even voice them.

There are some who would say it’s about re-educating people but I don’t buy into that. The reason - an anecdotal story from the League Cup semi-final a couple of seasons back. It was the match Sadiq started for us and had a bit of a nightmare. The man (I use the term loosely) sat behind me decided after a bad passage of play that it was acceptable to shout “black b*****d, f*****g n****r at him. I turned and said to him that there was no need for the racist comments and reminded him that Sadiq was indeed wearing our jersey. This ‘person’ was of the view that it was fine to shout racist abuse at anyone of colour if they were ‘shit’ in his eyes. He then tried to claim that nobody else was bothered by his comment but to be fair, after I raised it as a problem a few other Bears also told him to shut up in no uncertain terms.

I know this individual is not representative of our fans in general, indeed, for all I know he may have only been attending that match as a one off and never actually goes to the football. However, do you think he went home and reflected on his behaviour and how harmful his views could potentially be? I highly doubt it. Do I think he can be educated to understand why what he did was wrong? Not really. And this is my point, how can we change the culture of racism in football if perpetrators are unwilling to accept that their views and beliefs are outdated at best, and inherently wrong at worst. 

Good on you for saying something. I agree some people won't change their way of thinking and won't respond to being reeducated.Steps need to be taken to deter them from saying anything in the first place. Action is needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Sometimes you have to stand up for your convictions in this life, uefa would not have thrown us out imo.

would not take the chance with these people  uefa are not to be trusted  especially when it comes to dealing with small countries like scotland

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, billscott said:

would not take the chance with these people  uefa are not to be trusted  especially when it comes to dealing with small countries like scotland

UEFA would never throw a team out of a competition for walking off the pitch in protest against racism no matter where they came from. Utter nonsense to say otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was golfing with a Killie fan this morning, he said it was shocking but then said I don't know why you Rangers fans are moaning as yous call everyone Fenian bastard's which is just as bad, I argued that everyone outwith us hates us and call us orange bastard's, he said I hate both the old firm as yous are both poison, I just said enjoy the championship you won't be missed. Needless to say it was a quiet round of golf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billscott said:

would not take the chance with these people  uefa are not to be trusted  especially when it comes to dealing with small countries like scotland

If uefa don't do the right thing then would we still want to be part of their tournament anyway? This is bigger than football as the manger said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found

×
×
  • Create New...