*****The Official Tarriers Vs Champions Match Thread*****

Never a bad point going there, especially after Europe

Was a meaningless game for us as I've been saying all week, we played in 2nd gear & they still couldn't beat us. Morelos scores, taigs are raging at their team again, happy days.

Seeing that cameo for Wright I hope he gets a go in the remaining games, offers the same energy as Kent & we could be doing with that right now with the season ending.

Roofe/Arfield/Aribo all massively off form

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Goianegra said:

O'Neill describing his prehistoric tactics and lack of knowledge of modern football makes me hope he's here today to put his name in the mix for next manager.

Said before game he’s not interested

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Will say one thing Aribo could be one of our best players, obviously got bags of ability but in these bigger games he really needs to do more, went missing today. 

He's a luxury player that is useful in and around the box.

Wright when he came on he looked far better receiving the ball in midfield and turning and getting at them. Don't think our improvement in the last 10 was a coincidence.

Felt a bit disappointed during it, but we’ve won 55 and on course of an unbeaten season. Just been through a huge incident on Thursday as well as playing with 9 men.

Feel like they were due a pumping, but not a bad result. 

At the end of the day that’s the scums strongest 11 and bench. We were missing our captain and Ryan Jack. 
The scum won’t have a better chance to beat us the fact they didn’t speaks volumes especially after the week we’ve had.

I think we need to spend some decent cash on a serious midfielder or two. Think a number of big games this season have shown that.

Definitely need whoever plays on the right of the front 3 to really keep and use the ball better, too. 

Too often whoever’s filling that role isn’t producing enough.

But take that today.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Said it before and some on here have criticised me - he’s a complete and utter shitebag. Get rid at end of season

He’s a luxury we can’t afford. Fine if we’re three up at Ibrox against the Accies but he’s not someone you want in the trenches for a battle.

No time for Zungu but we would have been better with him than Aribo today.

Memo to Gerrard: Aribo is not, NOT a midfield player.

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Will say one thing Aribo could be one of our best players, obviously got bags of ability but in these bigger games he really needs to do more, went missing today. 

Pretty sure Gerrard has said that he's a really shy quiet lad and I think that shows in these type of games. He doesn't stamp his authority or personality on the opposition at all. Not sure if this is something that can ever be developed. 

1 minute ago, Copeland1983 said:

Think it's time Wright got a run in the team to see what he can do.

Yes his final ball could have been better but he has pace, energy and technique.

I thought we were going to score when he made that run but he was totally unaware of the players around him and made an bad decision, he needs to sort that.

Archived