Patterson

.Williamson.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent tackle, and immediately saw the advantage of getting the ball straight back. That and making his way towards their goal, just a pity he couldn't at least work their reserve keeper. Looks like he has a great future

Think he is showing real promise.

I still think he is a few levels behind Tav, but that is only to be expected.

He will no doubt have bad games, but its important to be patient with him.

His challenge yesterday was immense! In an attacking sense he didnt offer a huge amount. Seemed to be a bit frightened to take on his man down the outside and chopped in and laid off the ball instead. Think that might have been under instruction though to keep things tighter at the back.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Be interesting to see what happens when Tav is fit.

This boy is too good to sit on bench.

Think he will feature in less important fixtures, early cup ties etc. and off the bench at the latter stages of games to rest Tav somewhat. Although Tav has unbelievable stamina and fitness, a rest is never a bad thing, even for 10-15 minutes a game. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Be interesting to see what happens when Tav is fit.

This boy is too good to sit on bench.

I have been wondering that as well.

I have been a Tav cheerleader through his worst spells, but I could see the sense in maybe cashing in this summer on him if we get a great offer.

Patterson is not as good as Tav, but he can certainly play at a decent level already and will only improve with game time.

If we could cash in on Tav, take a slight downturn on quality in the RB position whilst we give Patterson game time and reinvest the Tav money in other areas to improve the team, it could be a win-win.

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I have been wondering that as well.

I have been a Tav cheerleader through his worst spells, but I could see the sense in maybe cashing in this summer on him if we get a great offer.

Patterson is not as good as Tav, but he can certainly play at a decent level already and will only improve with game time.

If we could cash in on Tav, take a slight downturn on quality in the RB position whilst we give Patterson game time and reinvest the Tav money in other areas to improve the team, it could be a win-win.

Difficult one as a decent run in team for Patterson and he becomes an asset (financially)

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Difficult one as a decent run in team for Patterson and he becomes an asset (financially)

Yea agreed.

Its actually annoying that Tav is such a fucking athlete. He hates being taken off as well!

If it was a situation where we could bring Patterson on for regular game time it would not be such a big issue, but other than this freak incident with Tav, he never misses games and plays every minute!

I think Patterson is ready for game time, so grudgingly, if the money is right, I would sell Tav and strengthen the midfield.

If for any reason we were not offered top dollar for Tav, I would keep him and look to maybe loan Patterson out to a club outside of Scotland. I just dont rate Scottish clubs for developing players.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea agreed.

Its actually annoying that Tav is such a fucking athlete. He hates being taken off as well!

If it was a situation where we could bring Patterson on for regular game time it would not be such a big issue, but other than this freak incident with Tav, he never misses games and plays every minute!

I think Patterson is ready for game time, so grudgingly, if the money is right, I would sell Tav and strengthen the midfield.

If for any reason we were not offered top dollar for Tav, I would keep him and look to maybe loan Patterson out to a club outside of Scotland. I just dont rate Scottish clubs for developing players.

Frimpong 12 million apparently  and can’t defend.

That shows the money up for grabs with youngsters and what i see of Patterson he looks built for Premiership which is even bigger money.

The boy is ready, I have no doubts about that.

It can be a ruthless game sometimes. Once Tav hoists the trophy that he deserves, it may be time to cash in on him. I'm not advertising that but we have an option now.

With his pace and running power reminds me a little of the young Durrant. 

We need to give Patterson the ball more in advanced areas as he's got the ability to run passed defenders or cut inside. He also has the ability to hit the bye line and cut it back. 

At times it seems the more senior players aren't using Patterson enough and preferring to go down the left side or through the middle.

If he keeps progressing he's gonna be a far better player than Tav.

31 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Patterson suspension is looming so necessary to have Tav back in situ. What might be interesting is to see Tav in right midfield with Patterson playing full back.

I remember Brazil, Juventus and Barcelona tried this with Dani Alves and it didn't work because the advantage he had was having the whole flank to drive into from deep because Villa, Messi etc never played as a winger. When he got moved up further it totally cramped his playing style.

It's the same with us, we don't have a right winger and having that entire free flank is what makes Tav successful. I fear if we moved him up one he would end up the same as Alves did. 

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He's a great wee player.

Has a lot of potential but he needs to keep playing to fulfil that. A big game coming up for him on Sunday which will be another good test for him.

He is a doubt according to Gerrard

I think he'll make it though

Archived