Club Statement

.Williamson.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Isn’t it crazy how in a game they’re not even involved in, fenians have somehow managed to also embarrass themselves along with slavia

How have they done this?

Don't do Twitter or the like so no idea what has been said there but the official club channel and BT channel YouTube interviews Celtic fans have been praising the clubs stance and Gerrard in particular. 

Salvia fans were all over the club interview trying to deflect and accusing us of trying to murder their players. I suppose any racism there would be quickly deleted. 

5 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

How have they done this?

Don't do Twitter or the like so no idea what has been said there but the official club channel and BT channel YouTube interviews celtic fans have been praising the clubs stance and Gerrard in particular. 

Salvia fans were all over the club interview trying to deflect and accusing us of trying to murder their players. I suppose any racism there would be quickly deleted. 

There is a large amount of celtic fans siding with Prague on social media, there are some decent ones like the specky YouTuber can’t mind his name but there are a lot defending the Prague player.

ive attached an example, apparently we booed the knee when we aren’t even in the stadium hahah 

56D46CC6-E8C4-411F-B19B-4908FC7814B4.jpeg

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

There is a large amount of celtic fans siding with Prague on social media, there are some decent ones like the specky YouTuber can’t mind his name but there are a lot defending the Prague player 

The YouTuber Irish Mick or whatever he is called is on our side and actually wants us to progress instead of them :lol:

Haven’t looked at the comments under it but I’m sure it’s some reading

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-190321/3V4qEF786N7Oj0dEskpfld

The racist abuse suffered by Glen Kamara will not be tolerated by Rangers. As a club, we stand resolutely behind Glen as we support him and his teammates. 

“We stand behind each and every one of our players. Regardless of race, religion, colour or creed -if you wear the famous blue of Rangers FC, you are one of our own. Everyone, Anyone.

“Several of our players have subsequently received racist, threatening and sickening abuse online. This is abhorrent and once again highlights the responsibility social media outlets have in eradicating abuse from faceless cowards. 

“We refuse to acknowledge any attempt to defend, deflect or deny the abuse Glen Kamara experienced last night. 

“Our Manager, Steven Gerrard has already underlined his own disgust at this incident and support for our players. We can confirm that Steven, our Chairman Douglas Park, Sporting Director Ross Wilson and I, met last night to agree our club stance. 

“We also met with UEFA representatives. This incident has been reported to the UEFA match delegate and we understand that it has formed part of his match report.

“UEFA will be well aware the football world is watching. We expect a robust and unequivocal response in relation to this incident. It cannot be merely ‘swept under the carpet’- we are not prepared for Glen Kamara to be yet another statistic. Enough is enough. 

“We note the injury sustained by Ondrej Kolar during an accidental collision last night. Our Club Doctor treated the player and we hope he has a speedy recovery. We wish the club well in the next round of the Europa League. 

“There will be no further comment until we receive a response from UEFA.”

We have cameras in the tunnel  if any problems .

25 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

There is a large amount of celtic fans siding with Prague on social media, there are some decent ones like the specky YouTuber can’t mind his name but there are a lot defending the Prague player.

ive attached an example, apparently we booed the knee when we aren’t even in the stadium hahah 

56D46CC6-E8C4-411F-B19B-4908FC7814B4.jpeg

Always some willing to drag shit into the gutter 👍

The BT interview had a lot of comments from a wide variety of clubs praising Gerrard for his handling of the matter. Can see a lot of people getting behind this.

Balanced statement that. The issue is far from finished if we have the evidence. If we don't, the twat will get away with it. I got the impression at the end that SG was imploring their first goal scorer to show some balls, on the basis that 'it could have been you on another day'. They had a couple of black players and they must be appalled if there is such overt racism in their midst.

5 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Good statement.

I do note that they have not addressed the point about anything happening in the tunnel though. I would have expected them to squash this if there was nothing to it.

Gut feel is that there was a bit of arguing and a shoving match in the tunnel. Nothing serious enough to get the police involved, but that this will no doubt be used be Slavia to try and deflect.

Can see the pricks at Uefa hitting both teams with sanctions.

You appear to have got this part accurate anyway...

I feel bad for Roofe here, it looked like a total mistake and he looked really upset after it. Hopefully if he sees all the comments from these scumbags he doesn't take it to heart as there was clearly no malicious intent and its absolutely disgraceful the way Slavia are implying there was

54 minutes ago, Willis said:

I feel bad for Roofe here, it looked like a total mistake and he looked really upset after it. Hopefully if he sees all the comments from these scumbags he doesn't take it to heart as there was clearly no malicious intent and its absolutely disgraceful the way Slavia are implying there was

It’s actually been quite disheartening reading the things being posted by mainly celtic fans today regarding the racist incident last night that most rational people believe happened when looking at the footage.
How have we managed to produce and maintain this underclass of bitter, ignorant and self absorbed ‘citizens’ in our society who enjoy the benefit of residing in one of the most tolerant and safe countries in the whole world. 
All I’ve seen is regurgitated what absolutely over ‘racism towards Irish catholics’ (firstly, Irish catholicism is not a race, it’s a nationality who have state funded schools to compliment their religion in this UK they do nothing but detract from).
Of course they fail to see any issue with abusing Rangers fans with religious or detrimental slurs. 

Also, apart from Roofe (injuries happen in contact sports and he was punished) the best one yet was asking why Morelos wasn’t highlighted as being ‘racist’ when he confronted their defender rolling about the ground. Apart from there being no allegation of racism that’s even before stating the obvious of Morelos skin colour. 

Hopefully Sunday can be a day to put them back in their box and there’s nothing better I’d like to see than Roofe and Morelos score...

As I switched off at 2-0 and 9 men I never saw the Kamara incident.

But I watched Gerrards interview and that seals the racism charge for me.

Roofe was a red due to the high boot but there was no  intention to injure.

Nobody can in any way be surprised by the scum reaction. As an irrelevant noise they must just be ignored. 

6 minutes ago, tayside said:

I see that fuckwit Michael Stewart is surprised we are wanting an investigation with no evidence and quoted Ross county incident what an absolute embarrassment of a human he is

A spectacularly stupid man

Archived