Second Slavia Statement

.Williamson.

20 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

This video is being retweeted around and their president apparently retweeted it aswell.

Their overall opinion is the guy is lovely and everyone likes him so it didn’t happen 

Better PR team than the Tims! :lol:

Look at the photographer there taking photos.... as if! 

20 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

https://en.slavia.cz/clanek.asp?id=811

The firm commitment to fight racism, xenophobia and all forms of hatred is one of the pillars of Slavia football policy. Any form of racial discrimination is contrary to our values and principles and we shall never tolerate such conduct. 

We believe that all people must be free and equal with their rights and dignity. Slavia strictly abides by the policy against racism display as put down by the organization FARE Football Against Racism Policy in Europe.

We are a club where all enjoy fair chance regardless of their race, colour, religion or beliefs. We build on the fair play ideal that has been an inherent part of the club since its establishment. The modern Slavia is a fully multicultural team and even our hardcore fans wear jerseys of all players without exceptions.

The second leg of the Round of 16 of the Europa League between Slavia and Rangers FC was supposed to be a celebration of football as such. Our players faced excessively heavy-handed behaviour instead. Rangers FC injured Slavia goalkeeper Ondřej Kolář with a reckless tackle and other players were lucky not to be injured. Anyone who watched the game has surely formed their own opinion.

Ondřej Kúdela is one of the team captains elected in secret polls by the players who choose characters that enjoy their trust. He is a decent and modest person with a strong moral integrity, popular amongst the players and fans, a football gentleman. He categorically denies and refutes any allegations of racism.

We are shocked that his reputation and the club’s reputation are being smeared without a single piece of evidence. The only “alleged” evidence is the player covering his mouth – which Ondřej does on a regular basis when he talks to his teammates during our games.

Under the patronage and in the presence of the UEFA delegation, the coaches of both teams, Ondřej Kúdela and Glen Kamara met. After the arrival of Slavia representatives, Ondřej was physically abused by the player of Rangers FC who then fled into the locker rooms followed by the manager Steven Gerrard without a single word of apology. The incident is thoroughly described in the match protocol and Slavia will consider filing a criminal complaint after their return to the Czech Republic.

The movement of Slavia players and management was unprecedentedly restricted after the game. The players and staff were protected by the Czech Embassy in London and local police. We would like to express our gratitude for their professionalism.

We have felt a great respect to Rangers FC for their recent football performance and glorious history. However, we wish for a UEFA investigation into all incidents related to the recent match and will fully cooperate.

That's interesting, why did they feel the need to contact their Embassy?

May already have been said, but UEFA use 'balance of probabilities' not 'beyond all reasonable doubt'. Huge difference.

So what do we know as fact? (not, what do we think we know?)

FACT 1........GK, who has nothing to do with what's actually going on, is approached by their player, who covers his                      mouth and leans in towards KC.

FACT 2........Immediately, GK points at him as he walks away and says to the ref "That's fucking racist"

FACT 3........Their player doesn't do anything to deny, but walks away from area.

FACT 4.........KC is visibly affected by what has been said.

(I won't use the pictures of their own black players to suggest they heard anything...that's not fact)

FACT 5.........Zungu, within seconds of incident, shouts at the touchline "He called him a fucking monkey" 

Just those few facts, ladies and gents, add up to their player probably made the racist remark. That's enough for UEFA.

Let's see how they don't deal with it.

I should add...I believe KC 100%

6 hours ago, The Dude said:

Criminal law doesn't need something to be proven beyond any shadow of a doubt. No idea why people think football is held to a higher standard.

I'm not saying it can

I'm saying the guy can say "I didn't say that" and it's hard to prove exactly what he said

Also I can totally see UEFA trying to sliver away from this, so of I can find things that cast doubt im sure UEFA will too

1 hour ago, Willis said:

I'm not saying it can

I'm saying the guy can say "I didn't say that" and it's hard to prove exactly what he said

Also I can totally see UEFA trying to sliver away from this, so of I can find things that cast doubt im sure UEFA will too

It is hard to prove exactly what he said but they don't need to prove it beyond any doubt. The guy can say he didn't say it as much as he wants but he reaction of the likes of Kamara are pretty telling tbh.

6 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

May already have been said, but UEFA use 'balance of probabilities' not 'beyond all reasonable doubt'. Huge difference.

So what do we know as fact? (not, what do we think we know?)

FACT 1........GK, who has nothing to do with what's actually going on, is approached by their player, who covers his                      mouth and leans in towards KC.

FACT 2........Immediately, GK points at him as he walks away and says to the ref "That's fucking racist"

FACT 3........Their player doesn't do anything to deny, but walks away from area.

FACT 4.........KC is visibly affected by what has been said.

(I won't use the pictures of their own black players to suggest they heard anything...that's not fact)

FACT 5.........Zungu, within seconds of incident, shouts at the touchline "He called him a fucking monkey" 

Just those few facts, ladies and gents, add up to their player probably made the racist remark. That's enough for UEFA.

Let's see how they don't deal with it.

I should add...I believe KC 100%

pat bonnar was on radio today did not realise he works for uefa as a technical advisor whatever that is  he was at the game on thurs  he said sitting in the stand you could not hear what was said but there was a few other uefa people there and they were shocked  we all knew when the player covered his hand he was saying something that no one was to hear and we could tell by kamaras reaction that it was bad

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

Thanks Bill...for me the most damning aspects are GK's immediate reaction followed, within seconds, by Zungu shouting to the touchline what the player said.

If that's not compelling then I spent 30 years in the wrong career.

thats more or less what bonnar said today

10 hours ago, The Dude said:

Definitely. I've been really impressed by the way the club have handled it, I've criticised certain folk in the past but they deserve plenty credit for how this has been dealt with.

absolutely we have took a strong stance from top to bottom 

• 7 months later...
57 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

See a player in the Czech Republic is accusing their assistant manager of calling him at monkey during a game at the weekend.

A truly despicable club. Probably my second most hated club after celtic these days tbh.

Where are you seeing this. Not doubting you by the way, just wondering if the main stream media will pick it up as there are still some out there who think Kamara lied. 

5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Where are you seeing this. Not doubting you by the way, just wondering if the main stream media will pick it up as there are still some out there who think Kamara lied. 

Herald, sun and record have all posted it. Not posting any links as they don't deserve the hits. 

7 minutes ago, Brubear said:

1 minute ago, Iakona said:

Herald, sun and record have all posted it. Not posting any links as they don't deserve the hits. 

Thread in general sports that has the link embedded

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

See a player in the Czech Republic is accusing their assistant manager of calling him at monkey during a game at the weekend.

A truly despicable club. Probably my second most hated club after celtic these days tbh.

Can't be true. Rangers have been making it all up. He probably just called him a "guy" tbh.