Kamara Statement

JamieD

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bornabear said:

That statement is 1st class, he states what was said and calls out the lying Czech and throws the ball firmly into Uefa's court. It is now up to them to stamp down, once and for all, on racism. Rangers, from the top down, will be looking for the appropriate punishment to be given and I think that should a lenient punishment be given, Rangers will fight on until it is. 

The world is watching Uefa, get it right or you will be tainted forever.

I tell you what, if it is swept and the euros go ahead then it would be a perfect time for us and all fans to protest against uefa on the day of a game. 

Surely from UEFA’s point of view they just need to decide whether it’s more likely that he did say it, or he didn’t say it, given the available evidence. Given that pretty much everyone from Celtic fans, to Czech journalists, to Gary Lineker believe that he said it, and that their version of events is ridiculous, I don’t see why UEFA would disagree

17 hours ago, gmcf said:

Not sure if this has been posted,  but nice touch from Livingston 

Dundee United and Motherwell have done similar (though I don't see DU's tweet), both teams decided to stand today instead of taking the knee as a gesture to stand with Glen.

Good to see from Motherwell and Dundee Utd

image.thumb.png.7cb7b3d329997fd026f7d468cc582a0c.png

United players stand with Kamara

Dundee United 0-0 Aberdeen

Dundee United players also choose not to kneel pre-kick-off to stand in solidarity with Rangers' Glen Kamara.

A statement from the club reads: "Dundee United FC stand today with Glen Kamara, and others who suffer at the hands of racism.

"Today’s decision to stand rather than take the knee is a show of solidarity by our players to enhance the message that racism in any form is unacceptable and has no place anywhere in society."

12 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Not sure if this has been posted,  but nice touch from Livingston 

They still continued taking the knee though, an empty gesture now, at least dundee hivs and Motherwell put out a stronger message and refused the knee.

4 minutes ago, bornabear said:

They still continued taking the knee though, an empty gesture now, at least dundee hivs and Motherwell put out a stronger message and refused the knee.

People who get offended over taking the knee boggles my mind. If you want to kneel, do it. If you don't, that's ok as well. Respect everyone's wishes. That should be the point.

25 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Good to see from Motherwell and Dundee Utd

image.thumb.png.7cb7b3d329997fd026f7d468cc582a0c.png

United players stand with Kamara

Dundee United 0-0 Aberdeen

Dundee United players also choose not to kneel pre-kick-off to stand in solidarity with Rangers' Glen Kamara.

A statement from the club reads: "Dundee United FC stand today with Glen Kamara, and others who suffer at the hands of racism.

"Today’s decision to stand rather than take the knee is a show of solidarity by our players to enhance the message that racism in any form is unacceptable and has no place anywhere in society."

I have never agreed with taking the knee, it was started by a hellish organisation and jumped on by Sky especially and will do nothing for any black person, but I do like the standing together idea. :cheers:

Well done to these clubs and I say that as not someone who does not like Dun Utd, Motherwell less so. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

People who get offended over taking the knee boggles my mind. If you want to kneel, do it. If you don't that ok as well. Respect everyone's wishes. That should be the point.

I understand what you are saying mate, but something HAS to be done. Taking the knee and the red card are now, as Connor Goldson intimated, gestures. Racism HAS to be erradicated and only the toughest of penalties from Clubs and Authorities will be a start, otherwise it WILL continue.

2 minutes ago, bornabear said:

I understand what you are saying mate, but something HAS to be done. Taking the knee and the red card are now, as Connor Goldson intimated, gestures. Racism HAS to be erradicated and only the toughest of penalties from Clubs and Authorities will be a start, otherwise it WILL continue.

I absolutely agree with you that taking a knee has lost it's oomf and is having little to zero effect but if Glen Kamara & Kemar Roofe kneel tomorrow after everything they have endured this week, then you have to respect their right to do so. (and I'm sure you will)

At this point, I don't think anyone has solutions going forward.

Was reading earlier about the level of fines UEFA has handed out to clubs/associations for racist behaviour (admittedly by fans)....... 

Some examples were (in Euros)  Bulgaria - 34K, Porto - 16K, Russia - 24K, Spain - 16K, Lazio - 32K

Now compare to these...

Besiktas - fined 30K for a cat being on the pitch (poor organisation was the 'offence')

Simeone - fined 13k for holding his crotch

and the best of all.......... Bendtner fined 80K for showing the 'PaddyPower' waistband on his underwear after scoring a goal. 

UEFA serious on racism?    no laughing at the back

1 minute ago, bornabear said:

I think taking the knee was just a nonsense, but that is only my opinion, I do not believe I should take the knee to anyone unless the Queen was giving me an honour, which is obviously not going to happen.

I do hate racism in any form though and only in this case a severe punishment for Slavia Praque will start to get the message across.

Do I expect UEFA to do much, not really they are all mouth and will do fuck all probably, they are also a corrupt organisation.   

4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Was reading earlier about the level of fines UEFA has handed out to clubs/associations for racist behaviour (admittedly by fans)....... 

Some examples were (in Euros)  Bulgaria - 34K, Porto - 16K, Russia - 24K, Spain - 16K, Lazio - 32K

Now compare to these...

Besiktas - fined 30K for a cat being on the pitch (poor organisation was the 'offence')

and the best of all.......... Bendtner fined 80K for showing the 'PaddyPower' waistband on his underwear after scoring a goal. 

Strange priorities 

2 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Now compare to these...

That is disgraceful to say the least ffs.

The people running European football are bloody nuts. 

7 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Now compare to these...

We ourselves have been fined twice this season, totalling just under what Porto were for racism by fans, for kicking off a matter of seconds late and accidentally failing to abide by new stewarding rules in an empty stadium.

They clearly don't care as much as they make out.

7 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Now compare to these...

I’m laughing at the back here mate. 😂😂😂   UEFA are having a laugh as well methinks. Fucking arseholes!  

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Strange priorities 

Iirc the Bendtner one was because those who advertise with UEFA weren't happy that PP got free advertising.....so they hammered him to keep the advertising revenue coming in. That's their priority, not racism, or anything other than finance. 

Archived