Kamara Statement

JamieD

8 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Was reading earlier about the level of fines UEFA has handed out to clubs/associations for racist behaviour (admittedly by fans)....... 

Some examples were (in Euros)  Bulgaria - 34K, Porto - 16K, Russia - 24K, Spain - 16K, Lazio - 32K

Now compare to these...

Besiktas - fined 30K for a cat being on the pitch (poor organisation was the 'offence')

Simeone - fined 13k for holding his crotch

and the best of all.......... Bendtner fined 80K for showing the 'PaddyPower' waistband on his underwear after scoring a goal. 

UEFA serious on racism?    no laughing at the back

I laughed at this then after a second it actually sunk in, its less of an offence to racially abuse a person in their own work place than it is to advertise something that UEFA are not getting the money for, say it all really.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Blue said:

I laughed at this then after a second it actually sunk in, its less of an offence to racially abuse a person in their own work place than it is to advertise something that UEFA are not getting the money for, say it all really.

and that, my friend, is nail on head. :848696413_goodpost:

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I absolutely agree with you that taking a knee has lost it's oomf and is having little to zero effect but if Glen Kamara & Kemar Roofe kneel tomorrow after everything they have endured this week, then you have to respect their right to do so. (and I'm sure you will)

At this point, I don't think anyone has solutions going forward.

Not being in either of those 2 players shoes, I would stand by their actions tomorrow, so yes, I do agree with you.  On your second point, there are solutions, only the powers that be refuse to use them. Next week we will find out how long a suspension some of our players will get for 'bringing the game into disrepute'. That same rule could and should be applied in this instance, for want of a better rule.

i wouldn't be kneeling but i'm not black and can't pretend to understand what Kamara, Zungu, Roofe, etc have to put up with. whatever they do i will respect it. i'm not against it but if it's just tokenism then what's the point?

UEFA need to take a look at themselves if they decide to give that racist cunt a slap on the wrist or a free pass. enough of the red card/kneeling pish if it's just all for show and point scoring. show you actually have some morals and punish the club and that racist bastard.

With the viewing figures that tomorrow's game will have within and outwith the UK it would be a perfect time to get a message on team t shirts demanding UEFA get serious on racism, if it results in a fine then so be it it will bring even more publicity and show once more we stand by our players and others who will suffer going forward, time to take the gloves off. 

1 hour ago, ianb1547 said:

Iirc the Bendtner one was because those who advertise with UEFA weren't happy that PP got free advertising.....so they hammered him to keep the advertising revenue coming in. That's their priority, not racism, or anything other than finance. 

Absolute shitebags and as you say it is all about money for them. 

1 hour ago, AGM_72 said:

Dundee United and Motherwell have done similar (though I don't see DU's tweet), both teams decided to stand today instead of taking the knee as a gesture to stand with Glenn.

Said that yesterday they should now start standing 

PFA Scotland  release statement  on one of their members being racially abused.

SCOTLAND STATEMENT ON RACIST ABUSE

A statement from Fraser Wishart, Chief Executive of PFA Scotland, on racist abuse towards Glen Kamara in last night’s Europa League match:

“Our members have been taking a knee in support of the PFA Scotland and Show Racism the Red Card campaign against racism and social injustice across society since the start of this season.

“This campaign is not attached to any political organisation; it is simply our members way of supporting the messaging from athletes across the world who have made it clear that racism has no place in sport or any walk of life.

“There was resistance against the action of taking of a knee from some quarters, and questions have been asked of us about the ongoing value of the gesture.

“If, by taking a knee, children ask their parents why, the gesture has value. If, by taking a knee, a person from the ethnically diverse community can see there are people out there who do care, the gesture has value.

“The racist abuse received last night by Glen Kamara, added to the awful incidents earlier this season involving Nir Bitton, Jonathan Afolabi and Alex Dyer, simply shows more than ever that we must continue to fight against the racists that attach themselves to our game.

“As the players union, we have been working for many years to try to eliminate racism from our game and last night’s incident involving Glen Kamara is sadly yet another example that shows there is still a lot of work to be done.

“There are players who have chosen not to take a knee and show their support in other ways. We must respect that view and the most important thing is not to allow those who are not behind the fight against social injustice to divide those of us that are.

“Our members have shown that they are behind this fight and will continue to show their support in whatever way. We must all strive to educate ourselves and do better.”

Very poor I thought.

7 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

A statement from Fraser Wishart, Chief Executive of PFA Scotland, on racist abuse towards Glen Kamara in last night’s Europa League match:

“Our members have been taking a knee in support of the PFA Scotland and Show Racism the Red Card campaign against racism and social injustice across society since the start of this season.

“This campaign is not attached to any political organisation; it is simply our members way of supporting the messaging from athletes across the world who have made it clear that racism has no place in sport or any walk of life.

“There was resistance against the action of taking of a knee from some quarters, and questions have been asked of us about the ongoing value of the gesture.

“If, by taking a knee, children ask their parents why, the gesture has value. If, by taking a knee, a person from the ethnically diverse community can see there are people out there who do care, the gesture has value.

“The racist abuse received last night by Glen Kamara, added to the awful incidents earlier this season involving Nir Bitton, Jonathan Afolabi and Alex Dyer, simply shows more than ever that we must continue to fight against the racists that attach themselves to our game.

“As the players union, we have been working for many years to try to eliminate racism from our game and last night’s incident involving Glen Kamara is sadly yet another example that shows there is still a lot of work to be done.

“There are players who have chosen not to take a knee and show their support in other ways. We must respect that view and the most important thing is not to allow those who are not behind the fight against social injustice to divide those of us that are.

“Our members have shown that they are behind this fight and will continue to show their support in whatever way. We must all strive to educate ourselves and do better.”

Very poor I thought.

Over emphasis on the knee 

1 hour ago, The Blue said:

UEFA know how common racism is in the fan groups of many of these eastern European clubs, I reckon they know if they try to tackle it it will expose how common it is, I mean look at the response from the Slavia scum with their n****r banner and thats over once incident 

I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA just don't want to face the fallout from it and are willing to put up with it as long as it doesn't affect their advertising money etc. If it was as common in England or Spain or Germany and you heard monkey chants and saw swastikas at Bayern or Man City games on sky in front of millions every week guaranteed UEFA would step in but they know these eastern European teams don't get as much exposure so they let it slide

30 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Very poor I thought.

What a woeful statement. And not a word about those in the media (and we all know 1 in particular) who question the truthfulness of the victims of such incidents. 

Those in the media are, in effect, telling victims to either put up (the evidence themselves) or shut up. Can you imagine telling someone who reports a sexual assault to prove it?

The starting point has to be that those who report incidents are, in the first place, believed.  (Investigations can be made after the report) If your starting point is to question a victims truthfulness you are a huge part of the problem by telling future victims you wont believe them unless..................

Just checked my calender.....it's 2021 ffs.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

He's still getting abuse on instagram

Social media companies have a massive part to play in this. Quite happy to promote any sort of campaign but do absolutely nothing to try and eradicate it themselves 

Time for clubs to promote abandonment of these platforms

16 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

No he definitely does. He’s a wank sock.

You know what, I was gonna let this go coz at the end of the day this is a football forum. But you’ve really pissed me off. So, firstly, fuck you, dickhead.

Secondly, if you and the rest of the clowns insulting me on here would read and understand my comments properly I’m not saying, and have never said, that I don’t believe Kamara nor have I ever said I believe any of the bullshit stories by Kudela or Slavia.

What I’m saying is that I wouldn’t feel comfortable condemning someone without going through due process even if I believe they are 100% guilty. That’s an entirely different concept from saying I think he’s innocent. I’m just saying I have principles and can’t be a hypocrite just coz it’s something that’s close to my heart.

From a legal standpoint, two witness statements is enough to bring a charge/start a police investigation but it’s not enough to convict on its own in court.

However, we’re not talking about the legal courts we’re talking about UEFA. Someone stated yesterday that they seemingly go on a “balance of probabilities” standpoint rather than a “beyond reasonable doubt” stance. 

My hope therefore is that everything that went down on Thursday and since then is enough, on a balance of probabilities, to nail this scumbag.

So, for the last time, I 100% believe Kamara and I 100% think this guy said what Kamara said he did.

I’m now gonna try and get myself in the mood for the game.

Thank you and go fuck yourself.

Archived