Kamara Statement

JamieD

22 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Daily Rhebel saying we’re in talks to extend his stay.

Hope they’re right for once.

There is quotes from Kamara in the article. However you can take his comments 2 ways. Rangers have probably asked if he is open to contract negotiations, we'll see if he signs a new contact in the summer. If we can tie Goldson, Tav and Kamara down, it'll be a good summer. 

"There's been some talks. The season's been good, obviously we've just become champions. It's been a success so far.

“I still have two years left on my contract and there's still time over the summer to see what will happen."

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

Are you sure the police didn’t open it as part of the assault investigation? I thought UEFA really frowned on this sort of thing and prefer things in-house.

I'm not sure, the media are only reporting that the police have opened an investigation so I assume Rangers have made an allegation.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

Are you sure the police didn’t open it as part of the assault investigation? I thought UEFA really frowned on this sort of thing and prefer things in-house.

If Slavia indeed made an official complaint this may have forced the clubs hand in as far as an involving the police are concerned. Either way UEFA won’t be seen to be critical of anything considered as tackling racism even if they want to or not...

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

There is quotes from Kamara in the article. However you can take his comments 2 ways. Rangers have probably asked if he is open to contract negotiations, we'll see if he signs a new contact in the summer. If we can tie Goldson, Tav and Kamara down, it'll be a good summer. 

"There's been some talks. The season's been good, obviously we've just become champions. It's been a success so far.

“I still have two years left on my contract and there's still time over the summer to see what will happen."

It makes sense to get all out better players on improved terms. Kamara 100% deserves a new deal. He’s not perfect but looks Rolls Royce at times and for 50k outlay his quality is ridiculous. Whether he stays or not it guarantees us a much larger fee. That being said, if he signed a new deal I’d be surprised if he left this year. I think he will want a shot at the Champions League, which hopefully a lot of our players will fancy. A good showing there could be the difference between a low/mid table EPL team and a top end club. I think genuinely there is a tight bond in our dressing room, especially with the UK based players.

A random point here but all the Slavia fans talking about the “brutal” beating Kúdela took from Kamara at full time should really just pipe down.

If it wasn’t bullshit (which it is) then I would be fucking embarrassed to admit that my clubs leader in the dressing room and big stereotypical Eastern European, bruising centre half got slapped about like a jobber by quiet, unassuming, looks like he’s 9 stone when he’s soaking wet Glen Kamara :lol:

58 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I honestly think he’d cruise the epl. Hope we get him signed up for more years. He’s class. 

Him and Kent are untouchable this summer for me, sell either one of those and we’ll go backwards as we can’t replace them. 

The likes of Morelos, Aribo we have a chance at replacing or bringing in someone at a similar level/level below.

But Kent and Kamara are just too good, hopefully we keep them both for another 12 months and then they can go with all our best wishes if they need to play in the EPL. 

1 hour ago, Robmc1 said:

If Slavia indeed made an official complaint this may have forced the clubs hand in as far as an involving the police are concerned. Either way UEFA won’t be seen to be critical of anything considered as tackling racism even if they want to or not...

Or uefa might use the police charge to stand back and do nothing 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

A random point here but all the Slavia fans talking about the “brutal” beating Kúdela took from Kamara at full time should really just pipe down.

If it wasn’t bullshit (which it is) then I would be fucking embarrassed to admit that my clubs leader in the dressing room and big stereotypical Eastern European, bruising centre half got slapped about like a jobber by quiet, unassuming, looks like he’s 9 stone when he’s soaking wet Glen Kamara :lol:

Looking at the pictures of him leaving their hotel the next morning, there wasn't a mark on his ugly coupon so it wasn't a "beating up" as I know it. Coward. 

44 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Him and Kent are untouchable this summer for me, sell either one of those and we’ll go backwards as we can’t replace them. 

The likes of Morelos, Aribo we have a chance at replacing or bringing in someone at a similar level/level below.

But Kent and Kamara are just too good, hopefully we keep them both for another 12 months and then they can go with all our best wishes if they need to play in the EPL. 

I’d add Morelos to that list. Roofe, Itten and Defoe haven’t been a patch on him. 

A week tomorrow night and still nothing from UEFA,  not that this surprises me.

Probably  waiting , hoping the whole thing will blow over so as they can do their usual, absolutely  nothing unless it may effect the flow of the dough.

UEFA needs a clear out just like FIFA IMO, Not fit for purpose.

20 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

A week tomorrow night and still nothing from UEFA,  not that this surprises me.

Probably  waiting , hoping the whole thing will blow over so as they can do their usual, absolutely  nothing unless it may effect the flow of the dough.

UEFA needs a clear out just like FIFA IMO, Not fit for purpose.

I don't think this will blow over, its getting attention and Kamara is getting support from around the world, UEFA aren't daft enough to ignore that

However I don't really expect anything to come of it for a while, especially now the police are involved 

Kamara has been outstanding all year.

When he first arrived, he was prone to making glaring mistakes in vulnerable areas of the park. He has cleaned that part of his game.

Sometimes it takes time. I sure hope he gets an extension.

Archived