Kamara Statement

JamieD

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Coopz, all I’m trying to understand is at which point Slavia are claiming that Kamara turned into Rambo and beat him up.

If it is meant to be when all the players were going up the tunnel at the end of the match the fair-dos the video is completely inconsistent. 👍

Fair point mate, I just took it was probably when players left the field at full time, but that's just a guestimation on my part :thumbup:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Twitter is an absolute sewer.

A guy I know who comes over from Ulster for most games posted on Twitter that he stands with Glen and he's been copping all sorts of trolling and abuse because he's in a wheelchair.

Ffs 

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A guy I know who comes over from Ulster for most games posted on Twitter that he stands with Glen and he's been copping all sorts of trolling and abuse because he's in a wheelchair.

Not just Twitter, I made the mistake of reading the comments in the Evening Times online, honestly disgusting. Just because he is a Rangers player 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Not just Twitter, I made the mistake of reading the comments in the Evening Times online, honestly disgusting. Just because he is a Rangers player 

Take a screenshot and then contact them and ask why these types of comments are allowed.

I'm absolutely sickened by the racist abuse to kamara on Thursday, the one positive im taking from this is how we stick together as a team.  I'm proud as fuck of our players reaction to what happened, waiting on they cheating racist shitebag bastards for 45 minutes, while they hide away in the dressing room.  This is a proper Rangers team. 🇬🇧

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Twitter is some sort of wierd cancellation culture hive mind - vicious place.

7 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

What he said is actually 10x worse than I thought. The “you know you are” is properly vicious. Scum

It wasn’t just a heat of the moment comment ,Which would be bad enough but to be so deliberate and upto him on the fly made it so much worse .

Slavia know themselves that a line has not just been crossed by absolutely obliterated.The comments from them regarding the tackles ( the away game they were outrageous )The lies about what happened in the tunnel are downright disgusting and after a full investigation they need a ban from Europe .

They could have distanced themselves from it ,they want to protect their status and captain but they are showing massive disrespect to the black players they have in their own team too .

7 hours ago, JamieD said:

Solidarity with Glen. Hope the scum gets hammered.

I hope UEFA act on this, otherwise what's the point of having 'Show Racism The Red Card' and other organisations like this. Glen's done the right thing and spoke out about this abuse - good on him.

I have lived in England since 84, so get very little main stream news of Scottish football, so this forum is a godsend. I can see that since this game there has been no outrage from the Scottish Govt, Media, FARE or Nil By Mouth. I could be wrong of course, but I’m getting an Animal Farm feeling about this clearly racist incident.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t normally get too bothered about stuff being said on social media but the comments on the Kamara racism are shocking.

The worst ones are Slavia fans seeming to say IF it happened it was fine because of an accidental kick on their keeper and closely followed by scum fans who really are showing they are only against racism when it suits them. It has properly got to me.

The loose positive is I’m proud of our club and support who have shown what we are about when it matters.

6 hours ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

If this had happened to Marcus Rashford yesterday it would be wall to wall in the British papers and on TV. But because it’s Our Glenn Kamara well then it’s Rangers so then fuck it they can’t be arsed.

It’s the lead story sport story on BBC Breakfast this morning, and the lead story on the BBC Sport website. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Social media as a whole is so fucking toxic and destructive.

If you want to find a cause or reasoning as to why so many people’s mental health is in the toilet these days then I think you can almost directly relate it to the growth of social media. It does far more harm than good.

9 hours ago, BigDak said:

But couldn’t that be the “clever” thing here putting a sign up that looks like they’re calling him a racist name just to  unveil something like “Kamara- just a nincompoop” to try and show that people are jumping to conclusions without proof?

I know that Zungu said he heard this but I think without someone from the Prague te saying they heard everything is conjecture, unfortunately.

Edit: I’ve just seen the “uncensored” photo and it looks like it says what it first looked like.

Look, for some bizarre reason I'm going to take this post seriously and ask you what you think is more likely - that a player ran over to someone, covered his mouth and whispered in his ear "you fucking guy", or that our two players who did hear it are NOT oscar-worthy actors who made this all up for no reason?

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Transcript of what Stewart said.

IMG_20210319_230446.jpg

IMG_20210319_230448.jpg

IMG_20210319_230452.jpg

Where he appears to have gotten into difficulty here is in confusing racist abuse with witnesses with a penalty claim. Easily done, I suppose.

Social media is a total cesspit. Slavish Prague fans being outwardly racist or justifying it because of a bad challenge, and then celtic fans saying it’s alright Rangers fans are anti-Irish racists anyway. I’m quite up for having to provide ID and contact details for social media. Would clear out a lot of these shite bags. 

2 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Where he appears to have gotten into difficulty here is in confusing racist abuse with witnesses with a penalty claim. Easily done, I suppose.

How anyone can have any doubt there was racist abuse is mental. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

How anyone can have any doubt there was racist abuse is mental. 

He surely doesn't have any doubt, he's just a contrarian dickhead. If he does have any doubt then we would have to ask why he trusts the snidey guy who covered his mouth to whisper an insult, over the black guy who has never had a single question mark over his conduct. If he wants us to ask that question I'm sure we're all happy to guess at the answer.

38 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Look, for some bizarre reason I'm going to take this post seriously and ask you what you think is more likely - that a player ran over to someone, covered his mouth and whispered in his ear "you fucking guy", or that our two players who did hear it are NOT oscar-worthy actors who made this all up for no reason?

Evidentially the reaction of the Rangers players and non reaction of the SP black players speaks volumes. However what should not be ignored is this simple point, “verbals” on the field of play are what they are - digs to get a reaction and attain a booking or sending off - there is not one player on this planet who would react to some opponent covering his mouth and saying  directly into your ear “You fucking Guy”.

This subhuman clearly overstepped the mark and thought he was being clever by covering his mouth to spew filth. For some bizarre reason things this like this seem to catch on and get repeated, lets see what happens this weekend. Hope I’m wrong because I’d hate to see this cowardly act continue.

On another note I hope the team gubb the scum and refuse to take the knee this weekend to highlight to UEFA that their actions regarding this have been piss poor. Stand against racism.

7 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

If UEFA don't act appropriately then I believe our players should stop taking the knee, as its only a "token" gesture as Connor Goldson alluded to. Same as their "show racism the red card" pish that they pedal to make it look like they are doing something about it. 

Wee pishy fines and closed door games (before covid) isn't a deterrent anymore. Expulsion from European competitions is, and that rancid club and chairman deserve everything that comes their way. Fucking rats from top to bottom! 

Taking the knee became meaningless as soon as it became in any way compulsory. As you say, a token gesture to tick a box to say football is “doing something” about racism, without actually doing anything.

Archived