Kick Slavia out and put Arsenal into semis - Kris Boyd

.Williamson.

RANGERS hero Kris Boyd has called on UEFA to boot Slavia Prague out of the Europa League and hand Arsenal a bye into the semi-final.

The SunSport columnist believes fines won’t work and echoes Gers ace Glen Kamara’s thoughts that no action gives ‘a green light for racism to continue.’

Kamara revealed last night what Ondrej Kudela whispered in his ear during the Europa League clash on Thursday.
Slavia won 2-0 at Ibrox and were in the hat for the quarter-final draw yesterday.
Having beaten Leicester City and Gers already in the knock-outs, they have been paired with Premier League side Arsenal.
But Boyd believes UEFA have no option but to give the Gunners a bye into the semis and boot the Czech’s out.

He said: “The fines are not good enough; they are not strong enough. They must take the strongest possible action.
“For me, that would be kicking Slavia Prague out of the competition.
“I am not saying that with a Rangers head on and saying, ‘get Rangers back in’.
“The best team won over the two ties. Kick them out and give Arsenal a bye into the semi-final.
“If it is swept under the carpet it and doesn’t get dealt with, as Glen Kamara said it gives a green light for racism to continue in football.
“It is an absolute disgrace and UEFA have an opportunity here to do something about it.”
Boss Steven Gerrard has stood by Kamara in the aftermath as Slavia supporters continue to racially abuse the midfielder.
A picture was posted on Instagram showing the ultras with a banner which depicts a racial slur.
And with Gerrard saying he will ‘stand toe-to-toe’ with the Finn, Boyd reckons his former side – and Gerrard in particular – have handled the situation very well.

He continued telling Sky Sports: “I think Rangers have handled themselves really well throughout the process.
“Steven Gerrard has spoken so strongly and you can tell he was affected by it.
“It shows how strong a man-manager he is as well to stand by his players.
“How can we ask society to change if we have a professional football player on the biggest stage actually racially abusing another professional player?
“It is not on. You can fine these clubs as much as you want, it is irrelevant.
“A stronger stance must be taken now.”

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Well said Boydy.

Nothing will happen sadly which hurts but all we can hope is Arsenal give them a good hiding. 

And of course we draw them in the qualifiers of the CL when the fans are back. 

Be nice to welcome them to Glasgow. :thumbup:

Think the codex will be broken that night.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Game hadn't finished when it happened, so we had player playing the rest of the game out after suffering brutal racial abuse.

Aw Furfuxsake it wouldn’t have changed anything on the park. They were better on the night. The ref was weak as piss but we lost.

5 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

We've every right to benefit, it was our player that's had to go through this pish!

If the game hadn’t already been won and this had an effect on our players which had a direct effect on the result I would agree but the game was won. We were down to 9 men and they were 2-0 up so for me they won fair and square and this incident had no effect on the overall result. It’s a firm no for me. We laughed at them for getting back in on a technicality when they had been well and truly beaten. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm beginning to think they will get kicked out and if not, they have an excellent chance against Arsenal.

I think they will be out but I'm also think we won't be reinstated, but if we were a man u, or some other club like that they'd be back in I'm sure.

I agree with it but there is absolutely fucking no chance it will happen. The footballing authorities, like every other business, love to pay lip service to causes because it makes them look good. They aren't serious in any way about actually dealing with it. 

Archived