Centre Midfield

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It would be foolish to write them off of course but they have a shit load of changes coming. Look at their 11 today. Both fullbacks are loans that go back, main threat imo today elyounoussi goes back as well. Not to mention guys like Edouard going into final 12 months. 

It's going to take them some time to replace. 

If we can get 2-3 bits of quality in the summer while retaining key players we should be looking at pulling ahead of them further. 

Thing is, we need to sell profitable players, at least 2 probably given our outlays to incomings this season, relying on CL is a minefield that has seen the tarriers end up like they are the now

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I think Scott Arfield is a quality guy but he gets way too much love on here as a player.

The upside to Aribo compared to Arfield is night and day. Granted, Joe was shite today but it can't be easy playing in different positions all the time and switching from right to left.

We have a quality midfielder in Hagi but we insist on playing him wide right, Look at the quality of his pass to Kent when he plays central. I don't get why we don't utilize him properly.

You cant defend aribo by claiming is difficult playing in different positions all the time, when arfield has spent a chunk of his time under gerrard playing out of a position he has made his career out of

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You cant defend aribo by claiming is difficult playing in different positions all the time, when arfield has spent a chunk of his time under gerrard playing out of a position he has made his career out of

Aribo is extremely frustrating to watch but he is getting it too tight on RM and usually repetively from the same posters.

I like him but he frustrates the hell out of me at times. Today was one of those times.

37 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Aribo is extremely frustrating to watch but he is getting it too tight on RM and usually repetively from the same posters.

I like him but he frustrates the hell out of me at times. Today was one of those times.

And the last game, the game before that, the game before that and that one before that. 

he is inconsistent, something that will do us. We need consistency 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

And the last game, the game before that, the game before that and that one before that. 

he is inconsistent, something that will do us. We need consistency 

Him, Kent and Hagi are the same. At least Kent has actually had two really good runs of form this season.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

I’d bite the hand off you for a Barry F type player. As good as we’ve been this season, I’d think Ferguson and K. Thomson would both get in that team. 

A Barry Ferguson type player in his prime is exactly what we need in midfield, and a Thompson type also to compliment him/do the "dirty work" 

12 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Somebody that will have a shot a goal would be good anaw 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Shooooooooot ffs shooooot. 

This and This, considering how our manger went about his business during his playing career its unbelievable the constant shifting it out wide. 

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Him, Kent and Hagi are the same. At least Kent has actually had two really good runs of form this season.

Kent has defo had a good run recently abd one at the start of the season, hagi is different, id say hagi's game has been consistent in that he always tries the same stuff, always plays the same way, some games it comes off and he looks good, other days it doesnt and he looks bad

Aribo however, one game he gets the ball, is beating men for fun, holding it up, shooting etc, but in big games its like he's scared to try all that, its like he's afraid of taking the responsibility incase it doesnt come off and he gets bad marks for it

Hagi could easily play it safe week in week out and look good, but he doesnt, he doesnt want to be that player, his goal at ibrox vs st johnstone, 0-0 tight game, if he's not brave he passes the ball across or backwards instead he makes the run and shoots and we get the goal, bravery to have a go, take the responsibility 

Kent and hagi have that, aribo for me doesnt

1 minute ago, Zappa6995 said:

This and This, considering how our manger went about his business during his playing career its unbelievable the constant shifting it out wide. 

Definitely mate , wee shift it wide 18 yards from the middle of the goal 

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thing is, we need to sell profitable players, at least 2 probably given our outlays to incomings this season, relying on CL is a minefield that has seen the tarriers end up like they are the now

I agree any business model that is reliant on champions league money every season is asking for trouble. 

I do expect we'll lose a key player or two. However trust that replacements will be lined up so we don't take too big a hit. 

That lot are needing 4-5 players already and that's before players are sold. 

47 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Why are we so reluctant to have a speculative pop at goal from anywhere outside the box.  Seems a very clear instruction to not do so. 
I don’t understand. 

39 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why are we so reluctant to have a speculative pop at goal from anywhere outside the box.  Seems a very clear instruction to not do so. 
I don’t understand. 

After Jack scored against Killie  he said that the coaching staff had been encouraging the team to take more shots from distance, sadly other than Hagi I don't think we have a genuine threat from distance and he is wasted playing wide.

Archived