Hagi linked with Lazio

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I highly doubt we will wait til the back end of the window to see if we qualify or not. If we do that and fail to qualify that will be a massive blow.

I just highly doubt the board will be forced into a sale given the potential riches of the CL.

We sold Alan Hutton for 9mil and Boumsong for 8mil over 10 year ago ffs.

Look at the change in transfer market inflation since then. It has went nuts and we WILL be taking full advantage of that when it comes to player sales. Wilson knows this and won't be listening to the das that think 9mil is a lot of money these days - it isn't.

Tough one for me. We do need to sell players and it is not a bad offer if we get £10m. I think he is a decent prospect and would shine in a better league so would be inclined to add in a good sell on clause.

Flip side is, how better would he be with in his second season as you see with a lot of players.

I'm no as convinced by him as others and £10m is not bad.

I'm not sure he will fancy a return to Serie A, his time with Fiorentina wasn't great and he ended up back in Romania. 

He is only 22 and his big move will come if he helps us qualify for the CL, establishes himself as a first team pick for both us and for Romania

19 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

Hopefully not, we need to drive a hard bargain when it comes to our best players from now on 

I think we have turned that corner as illustrated by holding on to Morelos in the last window. I have every faith that we will set our own valuations for our players who’s exposure on the European stage has tangibly enhanced their worth...

24 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Looking at how other teams value their players (like Hagi) who clearly have great potential and skill - we massively undersell. The rhabids are fantastic at doing it (or were).

His value hasn't increased this season bu £16.5-26.5m 'at least'. That's just crazy talk.

22 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I just highly doubt the board will be forced into a sale given the potential riches of the CL.

It's not being forced isnto a sale, we are hoping to make sales on players we brought in for small amounts. I don't get how people haven't grasped this yet.

We’ve got some big decisions to make over the next few months. Striking a balance between holding onto a decent squad for retaining the league and doing well in Europe and bringing in decent cash for the business through selling. 

it’s going to come down to us having confidence in our scouting network and Ross Wilson to strike that balance. What we’ve seen over the season is a fairly mixed bag but our management team have absolutely nailed it. 

it’s going to be some summer that’s for sure 

24 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Not so sure, depends if we can take the risk of failing to qualify or not.

if it was automatic entry I’d fully agree

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

His value hasn't increased this season bu £16.5-26.5m 'at least'. That's just crazy talk.

It's not being forced isnto a sale, we are hoping to make sales on players we brought in for small amounts. I don't get how people haven't grasped this yet.

You mentioned we have to sell, sounds forced to me.

We shouldn't be held hostage. We hold the bargaining power.

The concept of buying low and selling high is exactly what we should be doing and then getting sell on clauses to protect us against multiple million deals post leaving us. To make profit on a player who has been with us for just over a year is good business when we will be selling players anyway.

He is one I’d sell, still looks like he runs in treacle, talented but overall too lightweight for our league.  Watching highlights of the EL and CL, there’s power and pace throughout but he has neither. He isn’t a guaranteed starter that we’ll build the team around so negotiate a good price and wish him well. 

Archived