Hagi linked with Lazio

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Aye but how many times have kent, aribo had just as bad games and never been taken off, Hamilton away all 3 were shite, but iirc the week before hagi scored the winner for us, but gerrard takes him off first 

Not as easy as saying "if he played better" when gerrard clearly has a hardon for aribo getting as much game time as poosible no matter performance 

You are correct about the other two but this thread is about Hagi , I said from day one he looked to lightweight for this league and the fact hes always a sub reinforces it. Nowhere near as good as some of the praise he gets on here.

In his favour is his age and when you consider how much some absolutely shite players go for around europe we should be asking over £12m for him 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my mind Ianis Hagi is a Andrea Pirlo type of player and we are lucky to have him. The question is, how do we fit him in to our system? I think he is the natural replacement for Davis. He is 22(23 in October) so still in the phase where he is maturing in his skills and will progressively get better. Money rich clubs that want sucess will want to have the next Andrea Pirlo and I think we have him. If he was to be sold, How much for the next Andrea Pirlo? He has played in the Champions League, Europa League, Is an International first team player and has scored at the highest level as well as assisted in producing goals at those levels. He has described himself as a creator rather than a goal scorer. 

Rangers should ask for a substantive fee and a hefty sell on clause in there. This lad is going to be one of the top players in Europe in 5 years time and we need to be payed a fee that reflects that.

8 minutes ago, ZZed said:

To my mind Ianis Hagi is a Andrea Pirlo type of player and we are lucky to have him. The question is, how do we fit him in to our system? I think he is the natural replacement for Davis. He is 22(23 in October) so still in the phase where he is maturing in his skills and will progressively get better. Money rich clubs that want sucess will want to have the next Andrea Pirlo and I think we have him. If he was to be sold, How much for the next Andrea Pirlo? He has played in the Champions League, Europa League, Is an International first team player and has scored at the highest level as well as assisted in producing goals at those levels. He has described himself as a creator rather than a goal scorer. 

Rangers should ask for a substantive fee and a hefty sell on clause in there. This lad is going to be one of the top players in Europe in 5 years time and we need to be payed a fee that reflects that.

Hagi is the next Pirlo? I like the boy but I’ve heard it all now :lol:

2 hours ago, BlueHatBlueDay said:

One key observation from that is a lot of his play is through the middle. The first Hamilton away game this season he appeared to be playing that role and I thought he was influential. I wonder if the right of a front 3 (albeit him and Kent do get to roam) is his best position for us. I don't think it is. 

18 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Wowsers

21 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Too much effort to take the piss mate

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Hagi is the next Pirlo? I like the boy but I’ve heard it all now :lol:

Pirlo was renowned for his vision, ball control, technique, creativity, passing, and free-kick ability.

Andrea has demonstrated all his great talent and worth. When we played together, everything started with him. He always had the great gift of being able to visualise and anticipate plays before everyone else. His vision, what he can do with the ball, and what he's able to create, make him a true superstar. Andrea has something which you don't see very often.

— Roberto Baggio on Pirlo in 2007

Although not gifted with pace, stamina, physicality or notable defensive skills, work-rate, or tackling abilities,[nb 1] Pirlo was known for his composure in possession, and drew praise for his touch, technique, balance, elegance, close control, and dribbling ability, as well as his flair and creativity in beating players with feints during one-on-one situations, in order to retain the ball and create space for himself to play and receive passes.[nb 2] His reactions and ability to anticipate plays also enabled him to cover ground in midfield and intercept passes despite his lack of pace, tackling ability, or stamina.[252] As a playmaker, he is highly regarded by pundits for his outstanding vision, awareness, and football intelligence, as well as his movement, positional sense, inventive play, anticipation, ability to read the game, and his wide range of distribution, which enabled him to play the ball first time and rarely relinquish possession, even when put under pressure; in addition to being capable of playing precise, short exchanges to teammates, he was also known for frequently attempting riskier and more difficult passes and is renowned in particular for his extremely accurate long-range passing, both on the ground or in the air, with either foot, despite being naturally right footed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Pirlo

I see the potiential in Hagi to become just like that.

31 minutes ago, ZZed said:

He's pretty much the opposite of Pirlo!

Pirlo runs games and has MOTM coming out of his arse.

Hagi can be absolutely dogshite, falling over his feet, misplacing passes 5/10 performance then come up with 1 moment that nobody else could.

I'd take 10m for him.

5 minutes ago, Number5 said:

He's pretty much the opposite of Pirlo!

Pirlo runs games and has MOTM coming out of his arse.

Hagi can be absolutely dogshite, falling over his feet, misplacing passes 5/10 performance then come up with 1 moment that nobody else could.

I'd take 10m for him.

This was what was said about Pirlo at 22/23. I was big into Italian football when he was breaking through and remember all the talk about him. The main one was he only looked good because of the quailty of players around him and that he would not be good enough in the long run. A lot of what is said about Hagi reminds me of what was said about Pirlo at 22/23. We now think of him strolling it at Juventus; it was'nt always like that. He was viewed as too weak and slow for the Italian game despite his other qualities.

Tbf to Zzed there are plenty of examples of players that were written off at that age. Farbregas was another. Too small. Too slight. No pace. Can't tackle.

Don't think Hagi can be or is even similar to them in terms of type of player, but he makes a fair point otherwise.

Ianis Hagi is not Andrea Pirlo but at 22/23 years old the similarities are striking. Rangers have on their books a lad who has all the potiential to become that good is all I am saying. Some just don't see it, think he is shite and should be off loaded, I do not agree but ridicule away if you want.

1 minute ago, ZZed said:

This was what was said about Pirlo at 22/23. I was big into Italian football when he was breaking through and remember all the talk about him. The main one was he only looked good because of the quailty of players around him and that he would not be good enough in the long run. A lot of what is said about Hagi reminds me of what was said about Pirlo at 22/23. We now think of him strolling it at Juventus; it was'nt always like that. He was viewed as too weak and slow for the Italian game despite his other qualities.

You may be right mate, I didn't get into Italian football but Pirlo at 23 was playing a major role for an AC Milan team and was the deep lying Midfielder than we know at Juventus, probably not to the level most remember but he was miles ahead of Hagi.

I don’t think Hagi would’ve been earmarked as one we were looking to move on this summer. 

I think the club expect Morelos to leave and would be happy to entertain bids for someone like Aribo. 

The core of our squad will stay as is, with Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Davis, Roofe, Kent and Hagi staying. 

We’ll hopefully get rid of Edmundson, Jones, Stewart etc and hopefully make a move for a CM. Arfield can’t play 40 games a season and neither can Jack so we need someone in there, maybe 2 actually. 

He is only 22. Remember what Tav was like when he first got here, and he was older than Hagi, and look at him now.

He will only get better. These misplaced passes etc is something he will learn from experience and he will be an invaluable player for us if we manage to keep him.

17 minutes ago, Number5 said:

You may be right mate, I didn't get into Italian football but Pirlo at 23 was playing a major role for an AC Milan team and was the deep lying Midfielder than we know at Juventus, probably not to the level most remember but he was miles ahead of Hagi.

At 22/23 Pirlo was being subbed a lot. He was in a highly sucessful Milan team but did not hold down the midfield role until Albertini left to go to Atlético Madrid in 2002. Rivaldo, Rui Costa were in the team and seen as the stars of the midfield. When Pirlo and Gattuso made their midfield partnership is when it all worked for him. Gattuso would do the running/harrying and Pirlo was the creator/passer.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I don’t think Hagi would’ve been earmarked as one we were looking to move on this summer. 

I think the club expect Morelos to leave and would be happy to entertain bids for someone like Aribo. 

The core of our squad will stay as is, with Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Davis, Roofe, Kent and Hagi staying. 

We’ll hopefully get rid of Edmundson, Jones, Stewart etc and hopefully make a move for a CM. Arfield can’t play 40 games a season and neither can Jack so we need someone in there, maybe 2 actually. 

If Morelos leaves though it’s a guaranteed starter leaving and an enormous loss to the team.

I have no issue with Hagi but if selling a squad player like Hagi allows us to keep Morelos/Kamara then, to me, it’s a no brainer if right deal.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

Ianis Hagi is not Andrea Pirlo but at 22/23 years old the similarities are striking. Rangers have on their books a lad who has all the potiential to become that good is all I am saying. Some just don't see it, think he is shite and should be off loaded, I do not agree but ridicule away if you want.

IMO.... Ianis could end up the biggest name playing football from this crop of players.

1 minute ago, teddybears1872 said:

Can see us accepting around 11m pound for him.. Would rather he stayed tho. But we have to look after our finances foremost.

Thats the key in all of this.

Archived