Hagi linked with Lazio

1 minute ago, scottyscott1963 said:

I'm hoping it's with us.he will move on sometime.
Just feel the boy is destined for Italy or Spain.

No I mean he could be the biggest name as in biggest name from the group of players we have, or the biggest name in football in general?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difficulty with playing for Rangers is the team is expected to win every game. If Hagi was at a team pushing for Europe in Italy, Spain, France, Germany or wherever then he could have one good game and one bad one (as a lot of number 10s do) and people would think he’s doing great. Unfortunately that’s not a luxury that you get at clubs like ours so people focus more on the bad games 

I think between 23 and 25 is when consistency starts to emerge. 1 good game out of 4 starts to become 2 out of 4, then 3 out of 4 and that will only be told in the fullness of time.

The best thing for me is we have a few of talented players in their early 20s; just hope they go on to realise their potiential. I still think Hagi is the natural replacement for Davis.

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Going to Barca and being played largely out of position robbed him of turning into one of the greats imo.

I think in my lifetime I’ve never seen a better midfielder before the age of 20.

Was ridiculous. Him going to Chelsea still annoys me :lol: 

Hagi would be wasted in the Davis role, the pass to break first phase defense as such is a hell of a different from the pass Hagi has in him - he is far more Ozil, Mata, Kakaish ** 

** clearly not as good as but in terms of style and role in team 

As an aside, Hagi playing "right" on a screen before a game means hee haw, we don't really play with wingers, the width in our side is all from the fullbacks - you can line up right at the start but still play a hell of a lot of typical 10 role football for us in our current system 

On 25/03/2021 at 15:11, Boybluesy said:

And how much would you expect to get for Kamara.  I'd bite your hand off for £10 million.  How many goals and assists does he have, I can remember one goal, that's about it.

Just catching up on this thread, this is the maddest opinion I've seen on this forum for a while.

I think he'd be far more suited to the slow Italian, technical game.

The amount of times the boy falls over, gets tangled, either thinking too far ahead or just the pressure applied. 

What I'll say about Hagi is he has obvious class, but when watching him for a whole 90mins (if and when he lasts it) he doesn't look class. Far from it. Fleeting moments.

I really like the lad and what I've read about him. 

We'd have to shoehorn him into  a starting SG team and 10m might be too good to resist?

22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He never said next pirlo, he said pirlo type, totally different meanings

But you knew that didnt you

But he isn’t even remotely like Pirlo. 

Pirlo was a deep lying midfielder, Hagi is a forward thinking number 10. 

Apart from having traits that most good footballers should have, I don’t even see where that comparison comes from to begin with :lol:

10 hours ago, ZZed said:

To my mind Ianis Hagi is a Andrea Pirlo type of player and we are lucky to have him. The question is, how do we fit him in to our system? I think he is the natural replacement for Davis. He is 22(23 in October) so still in the phase where he is maturing in his skills and will progressively get better. Money rich clubs that want sucess will want to have the next Andrea Pirlo and I think we have him. If he was to be sold, How much for the next Andrea Pirlo? He has played in the Champions League, Europa League, Is an International first team player and has scored at the highest level as well as assisted in producing goals at those levels. He has described himself as a creator rather than a goal scorer. 

Rangers should ask for a substantive fee and a hefty sell on clause in there. This lad is going to be one of the top players in Europe in 5 years time and we need to be payed a fee that reflects that.

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He never said next pirlo, he said pirlo type, totally different meanings

But you knew that didnt you

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

I read that fucking post twice and i swear i dont remember seeing that bit 😂😂

I really do hope the guy meant the next deep lying playmaker great and not specifically pirlo lol

As it stands, ive always thought hagi in our midfield 3 would be a good option, he gets the ball the now and usually has a lumbering brute kicking lumps out of him right away with impunity from the officials, maybe getting the ball deeper, when theres less chance of being smashed, would allow hagi time to pick the passes we know he can

17 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

No offence to the big man but he'd get ripped apart down there imo 

If duffy can earn a living in from a premiership team , if Maguire can move for 80mill to Man U then Helander would do alright.

Archived