Hagi linked with Lazio

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I read that fucking post twice and i swear i dont remember seeing that bit 😂😂

I really do hope the guy meant the next deep lying playmaker great and not specifically pirlo lol

As it stands, ive always thought hagi in our midfield 3 would be a good option, he gets the ball the now and usually has a lumbering brute kicking lumps out of him right away with impunity from the officials, maybe getting the ball deeper, when theres less chance of being smashed, would allow hagi time to pick the passes we know he can

I did mean the next pirlo type player and I think Hagi could grow in to that kind of player.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Mmm thought it was more than that. Still a stand with what a posted a think he'd get found out in the epl. Cracking defender for us right enough

Dunno, helanders greatest ability is his footballing brain defensively, being in the right place etc, 

Down south its more of that requirement and less to do with being able to handle big long balls up to strikers who want to elbow the shit out of you etc

Its less physical, more football if you get me

Im pretty sure the Scum and the Day Late Rhebel will have every player we've got linked with a move away by the end of the next transfer window. This summer is going to be even more of a fucking circus than last year. 

So desperate they are to give the Tims hope for next season! :( 

10 hours ago, gazza27 said:

No offence to the big man but he'd get ripped apart down there imo 

He really wouldn’t, barring his slight lack of pace he’s solid. 

He was never ripped apart in serie A and barring Benfica, has been great in Europe. We’ve never lost a league game that he’s played in and he’s been here 2 years

He’d stroll playing for a bottom half EPL side in most games 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Thought this was the Hagi thread. 

As for Helander. Not good enough for where we want to be. 

His last few outings have shown that his positional sense isn't that good along with his pace. 

We need better. 

Is it true we havent lost a game when Helander has started at the back?

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Thought this was the Hagi thread. 

As for Helander. Not good enough for where we want to be. 

His last few outings have shown that his positional sense isn't that good along with his pace. 

We need better. 

:duffy:

14 hours ago, gazza27 said:

No offence to the big man but he'd get ripped apart down there imo 

Helander is a 27 year old international who played well in Europe and domestically. He’s a bit slow but you can count on one hand the number of times it was exploited. Team could probably sign him for £10 million to be their third choice CB and he’d be solid. We know he’s better than Shane Duffy who started however many games. You think he’s worse than Ciaran Clark? Kyle Bartley? Scott Dann? They’ve all started a lot of games this year. 

Nobody is going to be playing a high line with him against Vardy. He’d be a solid, affordable squad player.

14 hours ago, gazza27 said:

Mmm thought it was more than that. Still a stand with what a posted a think he'd get found out in the epl. Cracking defender for us right enough

I'm not sure he would, it would all depend on the team he was playing for. Some teams sit deeper than others and basically just defend and hoof the ball whereas some sit higher up and play out from the back. I think he'd suit a West ham or crystal Palace. 

Archived