Marco Negri - 55 celebrations

LegendofCoop

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His evening withs and appearances at functions intrigue me , he talk for 3 minutes ? šŸ˜‚, donā€™t get me wrong the minute he chippedĀ Gilles Rousset that first game we all knew this cunts a player but his time with us was a shambles , greeting face cunt anaw , never seen a player having to be forced to celebrate goals by the fans questioning it in my life , away and whore yerself around Bologna and Perugia and bears keep yer hand firmly in yer pocketĀ 

I agree, Marco gets a tough time, the whole story back then was someone was trying to get into his wife too as well as the eye incident.

Marco had chance to move to the top italian 4 side back then but chose up, shame how his career went with us. Think with him now and at a mature age, he fucking regrets everything that happened, only later in life realised how big a club he joined and how special it is.

Didn't he make a few appearances under Advocaat ?Ā 

The amount of cash we spent on strikers over the years is unbelievable only Mols ever came close to being the real deal.

Was at Negri's debut and tbh was quite gutted McCoist's place in the team looked to be coming to an end but he still scored a few thatĀ season the diving header v them being one of my favourites.Ā 

6 hours ago, peter huistra said:

The amount of cash we spent on strikers over the years is unbelievable only Mols ever came close to being the real deal.

Was at Negri's debut and tbh was quite gutted McCoist's place in the team looked to be coming to an end but he still scored a few thatĀ season the diving header v them being one of my favourites.Ā 

Quite liked Arveladze too tbf

On 26/03/2021 at 18:35, eejay the dj said:

Cunt wasn't too bothered when he probably helpedĀ fuckĀ up our chances of 10 in 1998 . Irony seeing this guy attach himself to us nowadaysĀ 

If the rumours are true, the Porrini could be the reason why he went from a goal machine to a Francis Jeffers after Christmas...

On 29/03/2021 at 02:48, peter huistra said:

DeBoer? Amato? Miller? Wallace? Johansson (kinda) Arveladze, Dodds and even Flo if you take the price tag away still scored on average a goal every 2 games.Ā 

Sure I've missed a few out.Ā 

Mols was only good for us in his first 9 games when he scored 9 goals.

Would say everyone I just listed contributed more than Mols ever did.Ā 

He gets treated like a God because of those first 9 games. The very fact that he played in Holland and was never bought by an Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV says a lot about him. He was 28yr old when we bought him so I think we signed him and he hit a hot streak in those first 9 games. For the reasons I said above, I don't think he would have continued that form so we put him in the hero bracket when he never really achieved anything with us.

If he played like that every week, he wouldn't have played for AZ until he was 28yr old.

On 29/03/2021 at 11:31, Falkirk Blue said:

If you look at Arveladzes goalscoring stats on wikipedia they make impressive reading.Ā  I believe he has a better goals per game ratio than Larsson over his career.

He got the top scorer in every league he played in except Scotland.Ā 

I reckon he would have gotten it here too if he was played more. He also usually played in a strange position most of the games he played for us rather than a straight up number 9.

13 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He got the top scorer in every league he played in except Scotland.Ā 

I reckon he would have gotten it here too if he was played more. He also usually played in a strange position most of the games he played for us rather than a straight up number 9.

He only really got a good run up front for us in 2003 - 04 but got injured and only played half the season but still finished as our top scorer.

10 minutes ago, Falkirk Blue said:

He only really got a good run up front for us in 2003 - 04 but got injured and only played half the season but still finished as our top scorer.

Yeah, like I said. If he had ever gotten a proper run, I think he wouldn't have left Scotland with it being the only league he never got the top scorer in.

Was massively underrated when he was at our club. Shame. Seemed like a great guy, will never forget him dancing round Ibrox with that big Sombrero on. Was great to see a foreigner getting caught right up in our celebrations.Ā 

On 27/03/2021 at 01:12, BlueThunder said:

The irony is we would have got to ten all those years ago if the mysterious eye injury hadnā€™t happened. He was sensational for the first part of that campaign.Ā 

It's a heavy weight to put upon anyone's shouldersĀ but I can't help feeling the same way.

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

DeBoer? Amato? Miller? Wallace? Johansson (kinda) Arveladze, Dodds and even Flo if you take the price tag away still scored on average a goal every 2 games.Ā 

He gets treated like a God because of those first 9 games. The very fact that he played in Holland and was never bought by an Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV says a lot about him. He was 28yr old when we bought him so I think we signed him and he hit a hot streak in those first 9 games. For the reasons I said above, I don't think he would have continued that form so we put him in the hero bracket when he never really achieved anything with us.

If he played like that every week, he wouldn't have played for AZ until he was 28yr old.

Cmon mate , you are well off with this . Mols was a superb striker for us and would have been better , if it hadn't been for that fateful night in Munich . And his attitude was first class playing for us , unlike NegriĀ 

7 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Mols was more than decent in 02/03,Ā to say he was only good for 9 games is fucking nonsense.Ā 

I think if Mols never got injured we would've won that match, Bayern were terrified of him that night. My memory of Negri wasn't all those goals he scored before Christmas (which it should be tbh) it was him sitting in the stands with his face tripping him. I don't get how he puts more effort in now talking about us than he did then.

Archived