Marco Negri - 55 celebrations

LegendofCoop

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 30/03/2021 at 14:57, Redwhiteandblue said:

DeBoer? Amato? Miller? Wallace? Johansson (kinda) Arveladze, Dodds and even Flo if you take the price tag away still scored on average a goal every 2 games. 

Sure I've missed a few out. 

Mols was only good for us in his first 9 games when he scored 9 goals.

Would say everyone I just listed contributed more than Mols ever did. 

He gets treated like a God because of those first 9 games. The very fact that he played in Holland and was never bought by an Ajax, Feyenoord or PSV says a lot about him. He was 28yr old when we bought him so I think we signed him and he hit a hot streak in those first 9 games. For the reasons I said above, I don't think he would have continued that form so we put him in the hero bracket when he never really achieved anything with us.

If he played like that every week, he wouldn't have played for AZ until he was 28yr old.

He was a hidden gem plucked from relative obscurity, he actually did start off at Ajax and was signed by Feyenoord albeit very late in his career, he played with Utrecht not AZ where he was worshiped like a god, that aside to say he was just a 9 game wonder and undeserving of his hero status is nonsense, he battled back from injury and played his part in the treble win under Mcleish.

10 hours ago, peter huistra said:

He was a hidden gem plucked from relative obscurity, he actually did start off at Ajax and was signed by Feyenoord albeit very late in his career, he played with Utrecht not AZ where he was worshiped like a god, that aside to say he was just a 9 game wonder and undeserving of his hero status is nonsense, he battled back from injury and played his part in the treble win under Mcleish.

If those 9 games before his injury are taken out of the equation, then there is no doubt that he wouldn't be though of as some sort of legend. Those 9 games might just have been a hot streak that a lot of players go through when they first sign for a club.

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

If those 9 games before his injury are taken out of the equation, then there is no doubt that he wouldn't be though of as some sort of legend. Those 9 games might just have been a hot streak that a lot of players go through when they first sign for a club.

What’s your obsession with the first 9 games players play for the club? Why 9? 

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

What’s your obsession with the first 9 games players play for the club? Why 9? 

It's just Mols, he scored 9 goals in his first 9 games then got injured.  He has lived off the reputation ever since. I just think he gets more credit than he's due. The amount of folks best XI he gets put in is ridiculous considering the strikers we have had over the years. 

Archived