Does our greatest ever 11 change now?

graeme_4

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, slimjim1690 said:

Who would you take out of the midfield though?, fuckin' tough one eh

It is.  Ill give Baxter and Gazza a half each.  Or I could possibly have Hateley up front as a lone striker but then Id have to make Ally the judge again :headwall:

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

🤣🤣never played in losing side against the scum .A lovely 2 and half years of utter dominance 

It can be argued if Murray hadn’t punted him .10 would have happened 

Agree, but could have done so much more. Genuis when on it, but nothing in-between either shit or Champagne.

Fergie, was a boy who won 2 trebles, captained superstars and lead us to a European final, all during a strong SELIK.

5 hours ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

People talk some amount of shite on this forum.😒

So you’re saying our all time record goal scorer in Europe is a shite suggestion?  

How many goals did Hateley score in Europe for us out of interest? Because it must be a huge amount against some world class sides, for my suggestion to be shite...

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

No I mean if you were to take the teams from their time period with their training and tactics and put them against our current team, they would be played off the park.

This post has to come close to the top 10 of most ridiculous football posts ever on here.

27 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This post has to come close to the top 10 of most ridiculous football posts ever on here.

It's really not.

Your talking about a time when guys were playing football whilst smoking about 20 a day.

Put our current team against them and they would be all over them like a rash and pressing them out of the game.

Like it or not, but sport has moved on dramatically since most of those players in the OP were playing.

For their era they were amazing, and I'm not slating them, but if you were to lift them from their peak at their era and put them against our current team they would be thrashed.

8 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Nowhere near Gorams level and never will be.

Goram broke the tims hearts every year single handedly. Going on that basis. Goram for me. 

mcgregor is right behind him though with klos in 3rd.

3 top goalies

13 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It's really not.

Your talking about a time when guys were playing football whilst smoking about 20 a day.

Put our current team against them and they would be all over them like a rash and pressing them out of the game.

Like it or not, but sport has moved on dramatically since most of those players in the OP were playing.

For their era they were amazing, and I'm not slating them, but if you were to lift them from their peak at their era and put them against our current team they would be thrashed.

They smoked fags because in their day they could. Or didn't stop them competing at top levels in Europe or Internationally. Would run amock on our team the now. 

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Maybe we should create an 11 greatest since 1999

Here is mine 

McGregor 

Numan Amo Goldson Moore 

Ferguson ,Albertz,McCann and Gio 

up top .Lovenkrands and Novo

You do realise Gio had a "thigh strain" and patched his final season with us. This gets forgotten about. 

2 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

They smoked fags because in their day they could. Or didn't stop them competing at top levels in Europe or Internationally. Would run amock on our team the now. 

Exactly, in their day they could get away with it because they were not playing against guys as fit as the ones in our team today. Our current team would hump them.

It not just our old players. You put our current team against the Brazil team from the 70s and we would absolutely rag doll them.

Sport moves on.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Exactly, in their day they could get away with it because they were not playing against guys as fit as the ones in our team today. Our current team would hump them.

It not just our old players. You put our current team against the Brazil team from the 70s and we would absolutely rag doll them.

Sport moves on.

:belm:

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sport moves on.

So do u believe every cunt back the was puffing a pack of Mayfair a day? It was known already then it was unhealthy. 

Archived