I think Hamilton getting a penalty was correct but I don't think the penalty was fair but it never is in these circumstances. 

Anyway it was a superb drive from Hamilton and Leclerc today. Hamilton went full Schumacher today and just hammered lap after lap to catch up with Leclerc.

2 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Not a fan of Hamilton but Verstappen is a bit of a dick too.  His moaning about Hamilton celebrating and disrespecting him.  Fuck up.

Mad Max wasn’t letting Lewis through if he could help it. Hamilton clearly had the faster car. It’s racing. Shit like this happens. Thought the penalty was harsh but these cunts calling for a suspension are greetin faced bastards. Max is no angel. Well done Lewis. If the cunt wants your title he will have to work for it. 

8 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

No I think he expected a race driver who wasn't in the right position to back out the corner 

True but given Verstappen's attempts at trying to take Hamikton out and Hamilton backing out to his cost, I guess Hamilton had had enough and wanted to hold the racing line.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bit in bold is complete nonsense.

As is people calling for Hamilton to get a ban.

I think if you watch again mate, Hamilton tried to get past Max on that first lap. He wasn’t giving it up. It’s racing. This kind of stuff happens. Think Lewis should’ve got a penalty? 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

😅😅😅

There was plenty of space at the right. Even Hill etc all said so.

There’s room to Hamilton’s right, but not room which would allow him to get around the bend, the key issue for me is that Verstappen cuts in front of Hamilton short of the corner in attempt to get the racing line. 

For me it’s probably about 55:45 Max’s fault, but I wouldn’t have punished either driver because ultimately the incident only happens because they both 100% commit trying to get the racing line.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

There’s room to Hamilton’s right, but not room which would allow him to get around the bend, the key issue for me is that Verstappen cuts in front of Hamilton short of the corner in attempt to get the racing line. 

For me it’s probably about 55:45 Max’s fault, but I wouldn’t have punished either driver because ultimately the incident only happens because they both 100% commit trying to get the racing line.

On the money there mate. 

It's amazing, all the ex drivers on the telly yesterday said hamilton was at fault, the stewards said Hamilton was at fault hence the penalty, but there are still people on here thinking they know better, this place really is something else when it comes to self proclaimed experts :lol:

9 minutes ago, mus said:

It's amazing, all the ex drivers on the telly yesterday said hamilton was at fault, the stewards said Hamilton was at fault hence the penalty, but there are still people on here thinking they know better, this place really is something else when it comes to self proclaimed experts :lol:

Yet there are 2 drivers who were in the actual race said no blame should’ve been put towards either Verstappen or Hamilton. Le Clerc and Alonso both said it was just a racing incident. 🤷‍♂️

I think it was really just a game of chicken and Hamilton expected Verstappen to see him on the inside and to pull out of the turn and go wide. Either Verstappen didn't see him or expected the same and for Hamilton to pull out and move inside. Maybe Hamilton more at fault technically because Verstappen was in front and Hamilton could have moved a bit more to the inside, but it's a racing incident for me. What a recovery by Hamilton though.

Had the boot been on the other foot, Toto Wolff would not have whined like a bitch. Horner is a torn faced cunt who needs to realised that Verstappen is just as bad, if not worse than any other driver on the grid for trying to run drivers of the track. 

Verstappen got what he deserved.

As for Verstappen whining about Hamilton celebrating....fuck up! Hamilton asked if Verstappen was OK, was told he was and celebrated. Had Verstappen not been OK then Hamilton probably would not have celebrated. He had every right to celebrate an excellent drive after getting a penalty and still winning the race!

9 hours ago, mus said:

Who were the ex drivers saying Hamilton was at fault. Quick trawl of the papers this morning seem to suggest most drivers (current and ex) thought it was a racing incident ??

Alonso also said neither driver was at fault. “It was an unfortunate moment of the race, but nothing intentional or nothing that any of the two drivers did wrong, in my opinion. So that was an unlucky moment, I guess.”

Charles Leclerc, who was immediately behind the pair when they tangled, described the collision as a “racing incident”.
“It is very difficult to judge it from the car, we are very low so it’s difficult to see,” he said. “Everything went very quick. Obviously I could see there was quite a bit of things going around in front of me

Formula 1 legend Damon Hill has defended Lewis Hamilton over his crash with Max Verstappen at the British Grand Prix on Sunday. On the incident itself, Hill added: “I think it was predominantly a racing incident but I do think that Lewis was the aggressor in that sense, but he was trying to pass him. 

Button went on to add that it's tough to really decide a definite answer on who was at fault, concluding with, "Max left enough room, but at that speed, it's difficult to get around the corner on the inside. He had to back out and miss judged the apex which is fair enough because he's coming at such a speed from a new angle. It's a difficult one to have a definitive answer on who was wrong. I get the penalty because he put someone in the wall but it's a tricky one."

Martin Brundle gives.a good analysis, https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/12358995/verstappen-hamilton-crash-brundles-final-verdict

Not seen any current or ex driver (beyond the Red Bull team) saying Hamilton was out of order

Reminds me a bit of football where if you slow the action down enough everything looks menacing but you tend to forget they're going at close to 200 mph and have about a  half second to make a decision - some folk you see commenting on twitter make it sound like Hamilton was Dick Dasterdly like gently stroking his chin considering his many devious options as he meandered towards the corner :lol: 

Agree with most that Horner seems like a bit of a cry baby and some of his comments are embarrassing as fuck (and certainly wouldn't have been the same had Hamilton gone flying into the barrier). Anyway, would trust the stewards to review it properly - and seem to have got it about right (just might not seem tough enough down to Hamilton having an immense drive after he was docked the 10 secs).

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is your essay meant to change our minds?

Damon Hill said on live tv he sees no option but to give Hamilton a penalty.

Not particularly, I just thought it was interesting that away from both teams most people thought it was a racing incident, including Damon Hill - it was suggested that 'all' the drivers felt he was at fault, that simply wasn't true.

Happy for you to disagree.

Personally I thought they were both at it - probably 60/40 Hamilton, so the ten second penalty seemed appropriate.

Complaining about it as an inadequate punishment, as Horner did, seemed to go against the majority of informed opinion.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Certainly wasn't on purpose but I do think Hamilton was at fault. 

I tend to agree - I think on the link I posted, Brundle alluded to it being a bit like a professional foul in football. Hamilton was well aware he was pushing what was acceptable, taking it right to the limit, and probably knowing that if he was penalised it would likely be 'a yellow'.  Verstappen was no doubt thinking Hamilton had yielded previously, so he was going to be aggressive as he's benefitted where he's done that before.

Fascinating to think that all this happens at 200mph on a corner - but I suppose that's why they're the top drivers and what makes the sport worth watching

Should make for an interesting season and will definitely be worth watching at the next race if they're are both on the front of the grid - reckon we might see them both off the track before the first corner!!!  

13 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Had the boot been on the other foot, Toto Wolff would not have whined like a bitch. Horner is a torn faced cunt who needs to realised that Verstappen is just as bad, if not worse than any other driver on the grid for trying to run drivers of the track. 

Verstappen got what he deserved.

As for Verstappen whining about Hamilton celebrating....fuck up! Hamilton asked if Verstappen was OK, was told he was and celebrated. Had Verstappen not been OK then Hamilton probably would not have celebrated. He had every right to celebrate an excellent drive after getting a penalty and still winning the race!

Ffs yeah he deserves flung into a wall at 180mph 

16 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

legit burst out laughing when I read this. 

As did I, thatll be the same Toto Wolff whos been whining like a little bitch all season. 

You know Hamilton was in the wrong when he accepted the penalty without any hissy fit like you get when the drivers think they did nothing wrong.