1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Aye, was gutted he never held on for pole. Has to be a mercedes driver next year 

Deserves it 100%. Question is does Lewis want someone who’s going to genuinely challenge him or is he happy to keep Bottas as simply a number 2 driver. And do Mercedes want the possibility of another Rosberg v Lewis rivalry…

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

Deserves it 100%. Question is does Lewis want someone who’s going to genuinely challenge him or is he happy to keep Bottas as simply a number 2 driver.

I think it could spur Lewis on. Mercedes also need to plan for life after Lewis so this makes total sense. 

Just caught up with the "race" today:lol: 

It was sad not to see anything but totally understandable considering the rain. Fair play to fans for hanging about, they deserve some kind of refund for that.

Fair play to Russell for loving his moment on the podium. Take them when you can get them, especially in a modern day Williams. 

Caught up on the qualifying and the sprint race. I was totally against the sprint races before but yesterday really threw a spanner in the works up and down the ground.

Strategically it leaves the race wide open. It'll be interesting to see how Hamilton/Mercedes try to get to Max and how he and Red Bull counter that. I suspect Lewis may go for 3 stops to get the best out of the fastest car this weekend. It would also be beneficial to get the McLaren's out the way if he can't get past them in the first couple of laps.

What the McLaren's do will be extremely interesting to. I think they'll be happy with 3rd & 4th but it will be interesting to see if they let Ricciardo go after Max and use Norris to hold off Hamilton. They did something similar last year at Monza with Norris to hold back Bottas and let Sainz get some space to move away.

Max should have gone straight through rather than trying to come back on at the corner.

Anyway, what a day for McLaren and a thoroughly deserved 1-2. Ricciardo was leading on true pace. Once the safety car happened he and Norris controlled the race perfectly. The DRS train totally put a bolt in Bottas' charge. Couldn't happen to a better team of personalities!

31 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm no fan of Hamilton but its a poor show from Max not to go and see if Hamilton was ok under his car. 

Forget rivalry its about life and respect for a fellow human being. 

For someone who called Lewis disrespectful after silverstone for celebrating when he didn’t even know max was in hospital, you would think he would at least check on him when he’s under the the wheels of his car!

Anyway glad to see Lewis was ok, watching it in slow mo it’s amazing how something like that can happen without serious injury.

Interesting to see what the stewards make of the incident. Thought max should have backed out much like Lewis did on the first lap, there was only one way that could end otherwise and it happened. Shame as it could have been a great battle between them.

47 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So Hamilton got a 10 sec penalty at Silverstone but Verstappen gets a 3 place grid penalty. One has a big impact and the other didn't.

What else could they do? If he’s at fault (and I agree he was) then they have to give him some sort of penalty, and they can’t give him a time penalty when he’s out the race anyway. For me it’s probably the right decision in the circumstances.