8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't think he is at fault, in fact redcafe is full of Hamilton fanboys and the majority said that was a racing incident.

I don't think a penalty is warranted. If we are going down the route the stewards finding someone more at fault, if that results in another car retiring from the race then the rules need changed to grid penalties after the race instead of 5 or 10 second penalties during a race that practically became meaningless as per Silverstone.

It’s one of those that everyone will see it differently. I think when Horner and red bull are saying racing incident it shows they know Max was in the wrong. I don’t think Max was deliberate as such, but he was fuming after that pit stop and his inexperience/ immaturity clouded his judgment and he decided he was never giving that place up even if it resulted in an accident. Think Damon Hill got it pretty spot on.

You’ve got a point about grid penalty’s and time penalty’s, but with the current rules as they are and circumstances like today when both cars are out the race I really don’t think the stewards could have done anything else once they’d come to the conclusion that Max was at fault. If he’s stayed in the race he probably would have got a time penalty, but given he was judged to have been at fault for the accident he really can’t complain that it’s because he was out the race that he got the grid penalty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pleased for Bottas to get the win before he leaves, might not get another chance.

Merc absolutely fucked that for Lewis by bringing him in, yes he could have been caught if he had gone to the end but the way the inters were behaving it should have been obvious once he came out behind Perez and Leclerc there was no way he was getting those places back.

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Pleased for Bottas to get the win before he leaves, might not get another chance.

Merc absolutely fucked that for Lewis by bringing him in, yes he could have been caught if he had gone to the end but the way the inters were behaving it should have been obvious once he came out behind Perez and Leclerc there was no way he was getting those places back.

Yeah mate, Merc fucked it for Lewis. He’ll be fucking fuming with them, especially if this costs him the championship. 

Although the weather clouds were mentioned by the panel and the effect it would have had on Hamilton's car before his pit stop maybe Mercedes did make the right call in bringing him in despite his whingeing  as the condition of the Tyres post race were just about shot.

The two laps before the pit stop his time hadn't improved any so wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes cite safety concerns of the Tyres in those remaining laps .

Good to see Valterri Bottas get a win and Max Verstappen keep in front of greeting face .

Hamilton was dropping a place to Perez regardless of the tyre situation so I get why they took the gamble. Didn’t pay off. 

May well have paid off had Hamilton come in when the team first told him to box, mind.

This has low-key been an excellent season of racing btw. Plenty of incidents and still only a few points between the top 2 after so many races.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Aye you’re probably right 😂 dont usually bother watching but given how tight it is, I’ve a bit more interest. Not arsed who wins though 

I stopped watching about 6 or 7 years ago just the odd race now. Just canny be fucked with Hamilton rather anybody else won