Getting ready for the Champions League

Essandoh

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I get we have qualifiers and all that shite but post your best Champions League memories

This is the first link I found I’m pished 

Immediately post a draw against dug meat

Was there that night, roof would’ve came off if Ferguson had connected with that Cousin cross. That was about the only thing I could remember from that game apart from the guy next to me giving Henry dogs abuse all game until watching that clip 

Sure Victor Valdes has since said that was the best atmosphere he experienced in his career 

Leeds in the battle of Britain and that whole campaign was epic so many great memories from Nisbet scoring that fluke to Durrant scoring in marseille and then failing to score v CSka Moscow in the last game, I'm sure their keeper that night was on something. 

The season we played Parma and got through was also full of great results destroying PSV home and away with Albertz scoring a ripper.

Dodds scoring that sublime chip v gratz.

Loverkrands goal v Villareal, Boyds miss in the second leg.

Great memories but loads of heartache.

3 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Leeds in the battle of Britain and that whole campaign was epic so many great memories from Nisbet scoring that fluke to Durrant scoring in marseille and then failing to score v CSka Moscow in the last game, I'm sure their keeper that night was on something. 

The season we played Parma and got through was also full of great results destroying PSV home and away with Albertz scoring a ripper.

Dodds scoring that sublime chip v gratz.

Loverkrands goal v Villareal, Boyds miss in the second leg.

Great memories but loads of heartache.

Lovenkrands also crack the bar that game? Sure a remember he seemed red hot about that time. 

Just now, Fergie_6 said:

Lovenkrands also crack the bar that game? Sure a remember he seemed red hot about that time. 

Burke was really good as well that night, can't mind if he hit the bar but lovenkrands was on fire at the time against a top team in villareal with Senna Tachinardi and Requelme (droolz) plus Forlan and maybe sonny Anderson? 

It will be some buzz hearing the Champions Leauge music at Ibrox next season. A dear old friend I haven't met in many a year.

The atmosphere at those matches is always amazing. Far better than an OLD FIRM game.

A wall of sound. Ibrox will be louder than ever before. The whole of Glasgow will hear us.

Bring your ear defenders guys. You will fucking need them!:craphead:

I remember listening to the radio when Arveladze scored that goal to help us qualify away at Copenhagen.

Lovenkrands goal v Inter running onto a ball just inside Inters half on the break. Qualifying that night after Porto drew and the ball got stuck in the mud or something in the 6 yard box. A win would have put us 3rd. 

The build up to the Man Utd game 2003 and playing so well despite having a weak team. We beat Motherwell away the game before and our fans were chanting... bring on Utd. 

3-2 at home to Porto - Kyrgiakos double. Prso Glasgow kiss.

1-1 away to Porto. Being battered then Ross McCormack scoring.

Man Utd 0-0 draw playing 5 at the back. Broadfoot should have had a penalty. 

Bad results against that Romanian team under Walter

0-3 Lyon win was amazing. But then a disappointing home performance.....but that did mean we got 3rd and went to Manchester.

Barcelona 0-0 with that incredible team of players.

5 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Only seen us win a handful of games at that level but Lyon away is the best European result in my lifetime.

We always got Spanish sides but never Real Madrid.

If it wasn't for the riches of the CL groupstage I wouldn't be too fussed about making it tbh. I remember that Barca game well. Backs to the wall with every player in our own half for 90 minutes defending for our lives. Meh. 

Munich away and the huge travelling support we took was awesome. Gutted at the result and Mols injury. 

Monaco away when GVB scored a peach that night. Yet again the travelling support was amazing. They kept us in Nice until we decended on the place. Standing next to a bloke with a huge blue and orange table parasol with ORANGINA emblazoned on it. Tugay gave a master class that night and stayed on the pitch for ages at the end to celebrate with the support. 

At home one season 1999 Valencia (the Aberdeen of Spain claimed the media) gave us a footballing exhibition. Only time I've ever applauded an away team at Ibrox. But they were amazing. Was a wee bit sad they lost the Final that year. Kily González, Claudio López and Mendieta were different class. 

3 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Marseille 1992 .. coming back to draw 2.2 against a crackin side  .crowd were electric 2nd half that night . We were pish first half and were battered but the comeback will stay with me forever  

My lasting memory of that night was fucking my ankle, I was in the East Enclosure....it was pretty wet, jumped up and slipped of the step and over on my ankle.....the agony & the ecstasy as they say:lol:

1 hour ago, TEFTONG said:

Munich away and the huge travelling support we took was awesome. Gutted at the result and Mols injury. 

Monaco away when GVB scored a peach that night. Yet again the travelling support was amazing. They kept us in Nice until we decended on the place. Standing next to a bloke with a huge blue and orange table parasol with ORANGINA emblazoned on it. Tugay gave a master class that night and stayed on the pitch for ages at the end to celebrate with the support. 

At home one season 1999 Valencia (the Aberdeen of Spain claimed the media) gave us a footballing exhibition. Only time I've ever applauded an away team at Ibrox. But they were amazing. Was a wee bit sad they lost the Final that year. Kily González, Claudio López and Mendieta were different class. 

Great Post m8.....to this day Barry Ferguson got schooled by mendieta that night at Ibrox.....Fergie had taken a few big scalps in his career up until then.....unfortunately for us he was no match for mendieta that night 

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Great Post m8.....to this day Barry Ferguson got schooled by mendieta that night at Ibrox.....Fergie had taken a few big scalps in his career up until then.....unfortunately for us he was no match for mendieta that night 

Home and away they absolutely took us apart. Then got comprehensively taken to the cleaners themselves by Real in the final.

Archived