Getting ready for the Champions League

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Great Post m8.....to this day Barry Ferguson got schooled by mendieta that night at Ibrox.....Fergie had taken a few big scalps in his career up until then.....unfortunately for us he was no match for mendieta that night 

Home and away they absolutely took us apart. Then got comprehensively taken to the cleaners themselves by Real in the final.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another qualification game like this will do nicely. Better than any group game 

Leeds in the battle of Britain and that whole campaign was epic so many great memories from Nisbet scoring that fluke to Durrant scoring in marseille and then failing to score v CSka Moscow in the las

Munich away and the huge travelling support we took was awesome. Gutted at the result and Mols injury.  Monaco away when GVB scored a peach that night. Yet again the travelling support was amazin

23 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Home and away they absolutely took us apart. Then got comprehensively taken to the cleaners themselves by Real in the final.

That side was the reason I started to follow Valencia a bit and wanted them to do well. Until April 2015 when they drew 0-0 at home and cost me over £3K. They won 10/11 home league games after losing at home to Barca and that had to be the one to rob me. Spanish cunts.

McEwan's Lager and TEFTONG like this
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That side was the reason I started to follow Valencia a bit and wanted them to do well. Until April 2015 when they drew 0-0 at home and cost me over £3K. They won 10/11 home league games after losing at home to Barca and that had to be the one to rob me. Spanish cunts.

:lol: 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Took an interest in them after they destroyed Liverpool in 2002/03. The goal Aimar scored was beautiful and is one of my all time favourite goals.

Angulo, Baraja and Albelda were all great players.

CoopsLaud and Rangers_no1 like this
3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I always bought Aimar and Ayala from Valencia on LMA 2003. 

What a game that was :lol: I had a friend who totally obsessed by it. 

Can't remember much about our Rangers side but I remember having Alessio Tacchinardi as a CM.

Regens were off the scale. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What a game that was :lol: I had a friend who totally obsessed by it. 

Can't remember much about my Rangers side but I remember having Alessio Tacchinardi as a CM.

Regens were off the scale. 

Joseba Etxeberria is one I always bought for Rangers.

05 was the best one, Chelsea were ridiculous in that.

Had my ps2 out recently and my saves were newer ones on 2003, gutted I couldn’t see the older ones.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Joseba Etxeberria is one I always bought for Rangers.

05 was the best one, Chelsea were ridiculous in that.

Had my ps2 out recently and my saves were newer ones on 2003, gutted I couldn’t see the older ones.

Another good player.

Spain had some amount of great players in the early 2000s like him and the Valencia boys I mentioned earlier that just weren't on the level of players they had in the second half of the decade. Juan Carlos Valeron was another player I loved watching.

ForeverAndEver likes this
6 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Another qualification game like this will do nicely. Better than any group game :pipe:

Neil McCann absolute class 👏🏻👏🏻
Big Thuran defending facing the ball for our goals is a thing from that time as most players are shitebags these days and turn their backs which I hate to see. One of our players done it recently but can’t remember who.
The cancelling of TBB has certainly neutered our support to an extent and was the plan all along to which we’ve sadly folded. 

G13 and esquire8 like this

Inter and Porto were absolutely off the charts.

Villarreal was some atmosphere as well, albeit not the best result given their two away goals.

Still can’t believe Boyd never scored at the end in the return leg.

15 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

I remember listening to the radio when Arveladze scored that goal to help us qualify away at Copenhagen.

Lovenkrands goal v Inter running onto a ball just inside Inters half on the break. Qualifying that night after Porto drew and the ball got stuck in the mud or something in the 6 yard box. A win would have put us 3rd. 

The build up to the Man Utd game 2003 and playing so well despite having a weak team. We beat Motherwell away the game before and our fans were chanting... bring on Utd. 

3-2 at home to Porto - Kyrgiakos double. Prso Glasgow kiss.

1-1 away to Porto. Being battered then Ross McCormack scoring.

Man Utd 0-0 draw playing 5 at the back. Broadfoot should have had a penalty. 

Bad results against that Romanian team under Walter

0-3 Lyon win was amazing. But then a disappointing home performance.....but that did mean we got 3rd and went to Manchester.

Barcelona 0-0 with that incredible team of players.

I was over in Copenhagen mate class city and great result 

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

What an experience that would have been! Would like to visit one time. Expensive beer but everything else ok?

Aye fine mate nowhere near as dear as Switzerland last season 😂🙈