***** The Official Champions v Cove Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Patterson is going to be some player. 

Scott Wright deserves to start our next match. 

Roofe looking back to that sharp fitness he was in the last time he scored some big goals -good to see. 

A canter.

Scott Wright was superb, first half especially....his close control is a very good commodity to have, I think he will become a fantastic signing for us

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

We sadly don't have anybody else able to fill in that role for Davis when Jack is out. 

4-0 up or not, just like Hamilton and St Mirren, the drop off in tempo when Davis is not in that midfield is glaring.

I’d have Defoe for another year, crying shame if he doesn’t finish his time here with the fans there 

That being said it depends how much he’s willing to take as a wage, it needs to be proportionate to the amount we’re using him 

9 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

We really don’t need anyone in a sitting role against this kind of opposition. 

The point is we need someone. 

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

4-0 up or not, just like Hamilton and St Mirren, the drop off in tempo when Davis is not in that midfield is glaring.

Totally agree. 

His first touch passes right into feet or space in front of our players is delightful.

20 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Scott Wright was superb, first half especially....his close control is a very good commodity to have, I think he will become a fantastic signing for us

while he was very good as the manger said he has to improve his final ball and also get some goals but that will come with the coaching he will get

10 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

i just want us to go out there and dismantle teams and not take the foot off the gas, i'm happy that we won however we should have put 10 past them with amount of chances, space and trying to walk the ball in the net in the second half.

give cove some credit they defended their box a lot better in the 2nd half   some people are very hard to please our application and work rate was first class tonight

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Easy win and some minutes for players. Really impressed with Wright. I can see him only getting better under our coaching staff. 

Between coaching, becoming more settled/familiar with the club and improving physically I think we’ve got a lot to look forward to with Wright. 

Just now, billscott said:

give cove some credit they defended their box a lot better in the 2nd half   some people are very hard to please our application and work rate was first class tonight

Fyvie held them together for large parts of that game, could clearly be playing at a higher level but will be on good money at Cove

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

Think we made it easy for them mate in that second half. I don’t think we even had 2 shots on goal. Really disappointed with a 4-0 win for the first time in my life. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I don’t agree with the drop off in tempo, it was only the final pass or shot that stopped us scoring at least another 4.

The second half was played almost entirely in their half.

I think we did great considering SG fielded the wrong team - According to some tactical "geniuses" on here.

Mental to play Davis - Where's Zungu?

Simpson should be playing.

It turns out that both Simpson and Zungu had knocks.

Davis only played 45 and controlled he game. Perhaps he is the kind of player who needs o keep playing rather than have too much rest? Maybe?

But hey, WTF does SG know?

14 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

I don’t agree with the drop off in tempo, it was only the final pass or shot that stopped us scoring at least another 4.

The second half was played almost entirely in their half.

First 15-20 mins we done ok but the last 25 mins were a complete non event bar Wright and Patterson playing like they did.

The substitutions killed the game.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

First 15-20 mins we done ok but the last 25 mins were a complete non event bar Wright and Patterson playing like they did.

The substitutions killed the game.

Thought the injury killed the game as well as the subs, as soon as that happened both teams would have been happy to blow the whistle and move on as we both have respectively more meaningful games to play.

Archived