Dave McPherson

ready1873

How good was the big guy? A bit before my time but remember flashes of him playing. If I remember right he was actually a bit useful with the ball at his feet aswell as being pretty no nonsense at the back? Would he have suited todays football or indeed our style of play? 

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

Helander reminds me of him in that he and McPherson both run kinda funny and are/were far better footballer then they look/looked.

From memory big Dave went down very easily when challenged.

Aye? I'm surprised at that. From my early memories looked like a hard man in terms of playing fitba 

2 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Big Daisy McHairdoo was decent. A Centre Half who played at Right Back as often as not.

Not silky and not a tower of strength but a good Rangers player.

Nobody would ever say he was one of our best ever players but never let us down. 

Remember him as big Sadie. Ok player from memory, nothing great, but quite steady though looked cumbersome.

Was at the Rangers v Leeds game 92/93 season and think he fired the header that John Lukic parried for our 2nd goal (McCoist) just before halftime to make it 2-1

8 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

There no comparison ffs

Im not comparing football ability, just as I’m not comparing their hairstyles. 

Answer this question:

Do they both run in an ungainly manner?

If the answer is ‘yes’, which it most obviously is, then there is the comparison i have been making.