Dave McPherson

ready1873

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Guy won 10 trophies with us and played over 300 competitive games for the club. Was one game off winning a league medal in 94/95 as well. 

Feel sorry for guys like him tbh. Contributed a lot to the club and gets loads of stick yet players who were here for a lesser amount of time and won less trophies get lauded.

Vladimir Weiss eg 

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Guy won 10 trophies with us and played over 300 competitive games for the club. Was one game off winning a league medal in 94/95 as well. 

Feel sorry for guys like him tbh. Contributed a lot to the club and gets loads of stick yet players who were here for a lesser amount of time and won less trophies get lauded.

I can remember a story came out that Souness threw a Rothmans book of British Football Clubs at Big Spider and told him "to pick a Club he was leaving" and Big Bambi was still there when Souness was long gone. 

I never had his name on any my jerseys but I agree he took some stick on occasions but as I posted originally he never hid and never shirked a tackle or a header. 

Good lad imho. 

31 minutes ago, beararse said:

Im not comparing football ability, just as I’m not comparing their hairstyles. 

Answer this question:

Do they both run in an ungainly manner?

If the answer is ‘yes’, which it most obviously is, then there is the comparison i have been making.

No

5 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I can remember a story came out that Souness threw a Rothmans book of British Football Clubs at Big Spider and told him "to pick a Club he was leaving" and Big Bambi was still there when Souness was long gone. 

I never had his name on any my jerseys but I agree he took some stick on occasions but as I posted originally he never hid and never shirked a tackle or a header. 

Good lad imho. 

When Souness was at Benfica he sold Deco because he was bringing in Mark Pembridge :lol: 

24 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Went on a decent run of being the 1st goalscorer one season and made me a few quid. 

He also had the most nicknames for any Rangers player previously or indeed now. 

Everyone near me in the old East Enclosure used to shout out a different one. 

Big Dave the Rave gave his all every game. Wasn't blessed with the most skill but his heart and fight was never in doubt. 

Met him in Villarreal, last 16 of the champions league, 2 of us got a tanking from Francos mob. Decent guy and never in doubt were his alegencies lie. But wasn’t the best imo

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

Met him in Villarreal, last 16 of the champions league, 2 of us got a tanking from Francos mob. Decent guy and never in doubt were his alegencies lie. But wasn’t the best imo

He was a hundred thousand times better than Anton Rogan. :rofl:

35 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Scored an absolute screamer of a diving header against hibs into his own net at midden park, think it was the league cup semi final, felt weird as fuck as a young guy standing in the scum end of their own stadium, luckily super Ally came of the bench and won it with an overhead kick. 

It was the cup final, Durrant scored first, big davie nearly broke his neck scoring the own goal, then super came off the bench to score the winner with the overhead kick, 

44 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Scored an absolute screamer of a diving header against hibs into his own net at midden park, think it was the league cup semi final, felt weird as fuck as a young guy standing in the scum end of their own stadium, luckily super Ally came of the bench and won it with an overhead kick. 

Aye was the final, remember not getting a ticket and my brother went with a broken leg, I’m sure it was called ‘bog roll day at the piggery’ there was a pull out picture of the fans in the Rangers News the next week and you could see my bro right at the front, I’m sure he’s still got the pic somewhere.

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It was the cup final, Durrant scored first, big davie nearly broke his neck scoring the own goal, then super came off the bench to score the winner with the overhead kick, 

Ffs , were that spoiled with silverware back then I couldn't remember if it was the semi final or final, saying that I was about 17 or thereabouts, fantastic times. 

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just checked, 1993, I was indeed 17, fucksake .

32 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I got a baton right across the back in Benidorm square the night before that game. They had us herded into that square, as soon as we started singing rule Britannia they bastards charged from both sides,I never even seen it coming still singing like a dafty 

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Sure this was the skol cup final. Mccoist back from a leg break and comes off the bench and scores an overhead 

13 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I got a baton right across the back in Benidorm square the night before that game. They had us herded into that square, as soon as we started singing rule Britannia they bastards charged from both sides,I never even seen it coming still singing like a dafty 

Scum bastards. The took us down the alley outside the stadium and mounted police leatherd us