• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Daisy McHairdoo was decent. A Centre Half who played at Right Back as often as not. Not silky and not a tower of strength but a good Rangers player. Nobody would ever say he was one of o

Guy won 10 trophies with us and played over 300 competitive games for the club. Was one game off winning a league medal in 94/95 as well.  Feel sorry for guys like him tbh. Contributed a lot to t

Some of the usual rubbish about McPherson. Good, good CB that was a firm fixture during a successful period for us. Far better player than given credit for, even playing RB. Great attitude and a

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Scum bastards. The took us down the alley outside the stadium and mounted police leatherd us

I was in the home end behind the goal,  we had travelled up the day before and bought tickets aff some crackpot spic in a bar, we actually got our pic taken by the Sun when we went up to their ground and were in the paper the next day with a red hand of Ulster flag behind us

The polis were well bad that trip I had a big bruise for about 3 week :lol:

14 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

I was in the home end behind the goal,  we had travelled up the day before and bought tickets aff some crackpot spic in a bar, we actually got our pic taken by the Sun when we went up to their ground and were in the paper the next day with a red hand of Ulster flag behind us

The polis were well bad that trip I had a big bruise for about 3 week :lol:

I got arrested for stealing fake tickets off an old Spanish cunt. Wit a day

2 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Decent player always prone to a fuck up is how I remember him. 

Think he scored 4 in a UEFA away tie in Valletta - I was there 😁

Was that the same game that Dundee Utd played on pitch after us ? 

8 minutes ago, kplfishtank said:

Was that the same game that Dundee Utd played on pitch after us ? 

That's the one! Think I have tbe programme cos i thought it would be worth something because of the double header 

26 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

League cup was the Skol cup, you’re having a mare here scotty

18 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Although on Scottys behalf, It stopped being the Skol cup in 1992 so technically it was the league cup

Punch yourself in the face bawbag, fucking boom :lol:

6 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Problem was the Goalie was so good.

Maxwell sold Jersey's at Ibrox, Thomson at Hampden.

Was that Thompson one a 3 nil to them about 93 or 94. He was a Shite keeper. That score sticks in my head for something that happened to my mate the night before the game. :hmmm:

Kents_Hook likes this
6 hours ago, ready1873 said:

How good was the big guy? A bit before my time but remember flashes of him playing. If I remember right he was actually a bit useful with the ball at his feet aswell as being pretty no nonsense at the back? Would he have suited todays football or indeed our style of play? 

Only an excuse labelled him the only player in Scottish football that can control the ball with both shins   :lol:

They weren't wrong. 

Edit: I was raging when we signed him back from hearts in 92?

Tbf though he was immense during our 92/93 champions league run........as was the rest of our squad. 

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Scored an absolute screamer of a diving header against hibs into his own net at midden park, think it was the league cup semi final, felt weird as fuck as a young guy standing in the scum end of their own stadium, luckily super Ally came of the bench and won it with an overhead kick. 

Was in the "home" end that day. 

I remember Durrant's and Ally's goals that day but have no recollection of big bambi's og. :lol:

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Ffs , were that spoiled with silverware back then I couldn't remember if it was the semi final or final, saying that I was about 17 or thereabouts, fantastic times. 

I was 11, still mind the big man someone twisting his neck somehow and putting it by the keeper

My dad was a big Gers man but very much old school. Always remember him being apoplectic when he found out that big Hen Broon earned £85,000 in bonuses alone in the 92-93 season. He used that as his "football's gone to the dogs" example for years.😄