Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might have only been cove rangers, but surely the boy deserves his own thread tonight.  Was brilliant at times.  If we can improve him as a player we might be onto a winner with him. id start him

Nathan Patterson and Wright in his substitution cameos and tonight, have been major plus points of late. Looking forward to watching them develop.

How dare we praise a player after a good performance.  Who gives a fuck who the opposition was? He played well, the end.  

Think one of the big things to take from him is he sounds like a right sponge. He is listening and learning everyday from those in the club. Already built himself up and looks far more aware tactically than what we seen of him at Aberdeen. Type of player we need at the club with what we have in place.

Malkytfp1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nathan Patterson and Wright in his substitution cameos and tonight, have been major plus points of late.

Looking forward to watching them develop.

At times showed the making of an exciting partnership as well down that right hand side (albeit Wright likes to drift)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks cracking business for such low cost, have been impressed for a while. Suspect his development area will be finishing and getting his numbers up. We might need to be patient on that side.  But his general movement, awareness, vision and ability to beat a man looks fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I don't think his final ball is that bad. I would even say it is better than Kent's

The boy has been outstanding since he arrived.

The gaffer was spot on as his final ball at times was poor but he can be improved. Not sure why you brought Kent in and then made a crazy judgement as Kent has consistently delivered and Wright has got it all to prove.  I think he will be able to step it up just as long as he’s not kicked off the ball as he does look pretty lightweight at the minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GabrielTomato said:

Think that's a wild take.

He was key, and has been in his short cameos, at taking the ball into dangerous areas of the park. 

You mention waiting for end product, but in the same post talk about his 'good assist'? :lol: 

It’s not a criticism, it’s just not getting ahead of myself after a few cameos. I strongly advocate that he’s played well so far, but an assist against Cove Rangers hasn’t proven much yet. He also screwed up an easy pass for an easy goal last time out. 

I’ll emphasise again, he’s been very good so far and I’m not criticising him, I’m just saying I want to see him bag some goals going forward and get more assists to further prove that he is genuine quality. Which I have ever growing confidence he will be.

His numbers at Aberdeen weren’t great. He certainly looks better than that but he still has to prove he has a consistent end product. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

A lot of talk about improving his numbers/end product which the gaffer himself alluded to but if our finishing wasn’t so bad today he could have racked up more than a couple of assists 

Aye mate he might not have made every pass he attempted or chose the wrong option today but there was a few misses from his set up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Think one of the big things to take from him is he sounds like a right sponge. He is listening and learning everyday from those in the club. Already built himself up and looks far more aware tactically than what we seen of him at Aberdeen. Type of player we need at the club with what we have in place.

Probably just getting proper instructions now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Ive liked the look of the boy since he's came.

Travels really well with the ball and has a really surprising turn of pace. He seems really keen too. 

Good signing.

Agreed love the way he looks after the ball and never overdoes anything, very tidy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

He's young and had a handful of appearances. He strolled that game today. He'll improve as he develops. 

Hopefully, he started the game well, but I thought he was getting in the way of Roofe and Defoe a few times, as if he didn't know where to be in that no.10 roll, I'm sure he'll improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

He's young and had a handful of appearances. He strolled that game today. He'll improve as he develops. 

They should all be strolling against Cove Rangers and it was poor that we never scored in the second half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Not seen todays game but sounds like he has the attitude and the ability to become a really good player.

Our management team really have the ability to develop players.  Ok there is always the odd duffer.

Would live to see whether we can buy £10 million players and turn them into £50 million players. Hopefully that will be a story to tell in 3 or 4 years. 

I don’t see any way that a player in this league ever goes for even £30m tbh unless we are getting to the latter stages of the champions league every season

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I don’t see any way that a player in this league ever goes for even £30m tbh unless we are getting to the latter stages of the champions league every season

I agree,  especially with the currently depressed market.

Is a hypothetical question about our recruitment, development and management.  We have massively increased the value of the vast majority of our players and it is whether we could do the same with more expansive recruits.  

Clearly not going to happen in the current format but who knows what will be happening in a few years time. That’s all the more reason to be winning the league and getting to the last 16 of the CL every season.  

And why retaining the current squad and working hard to identify quality replacements for this time next season is important.  Another successful season and we will be looking at big money if we accept that some of our players will move on. 

NorthernLights likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Broxi said:

It’s not a criticism, it’s just not getting ahead of myself after a few cameos. I strongly advocate that he’s played well so far, but an assist against Cove Rangers hasn’t proven much yet. He also screwed up an easy pass for an easy goal last time out. 

I’ll emphasise again, he’s been very good so far and I’m not criticising him, I’m just saying I want to see him bag some goals going forward and get more assists to further prove that he is genuine quality. Which I have ever growing confidence he will be.

His numbers at Aberdeen weren’t great. He certainly looks better than that but he still has to prove he has a consistent end product. 

This place is bonkers , has a decent half against a part time outfit and hes a superstar. Hope he turns out to be a crackin player but lets see him in the first team every week before the hype kicks in.

AGM_72 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...