Scott Wright

GOAT

40 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I don’t see any way that a player in this league ever goes for even £30m tbh unless we are getting to the latter stages of the champions league every season

If that shite former right back of theirs went for near £10m then theres no reason why a big talent could go for alot more. £30m maybe a stretch too far this summer but don't think we are being mental to think someone could go for £20m.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If that shite former right back of theirs went for near £10m then theres no reason why a big talent could go for alot more. £30m maybe a stretch too far this summer but don't think we are being mental to think someone could go for £20m.

I agree. But realistically I think somebody would need to take the champions league by storm at 18 to fetch more than £30m. It’s a cheap market in general 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

This place is bonkers , has a decent half against a part time outfit and hes a superstar. Hope he turns out to be a crackin player but lets see him in the first team every week before the hype kicks in.

Since I know someone will mis-represent my point. I do think he’s been very good. But his goals/assists records aren’t very good in his career so far and he still has to prove he can turn his Aberdeen level good attributes into Rangers level game changing contribution. 

Not criticising him, done all the right things so far, just looking forward to seeing more from him which is all I’m saying, still got to prove himself  

He's a project player. You can see talent is there, just needs the right coaching which he'll get from us. 

Gerrard was talking after the game of plans for pre-season with him. Coaching staff  wants to help him increase his power and improve his work in the final 3rd. 

I never knew anything of Wright before his appearances for us. He looks like he could be a great player for us. I am not for one minute saying hes anywhere near Laudrup's quality but the way he travels with the ball reminds me a bit of him. I'm excited to see how he develops. 

He is not yet at level where he will get many starts. Too many others ahead of him in the pecking order. No doubt a very useful addition to the squad but let's wait and see where he is at next season. Right now getting a place on the bench is where he should be.

Shows much promise and could easily be in the mix for starts come August.

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He actually reminded me of McCann at times, not saying he’s at that level just a couple of wee touches and runs made me think of McCann 

One particular moment yesterday when he pushed the ball past the defender, lit the afterburners and was the quickest I've seen for a while. Ended with a poor pass into the box but was impressive nevertheless.

4 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

One particular moment yesterday when he pushed the ball past the defender, lit the afterburners and was the quickest I've seen for a while. Ended with a poor pass into the box but was impressive nevertheless.

Seems to have the right attitude, mentally and all the attributes needed to play for our club, he keeps that level of performance up against better opposition and works on his final ball he could end up a wee gem for us.  Said it from the start I have a really good feeling about this lad.

On 05/04/2021 at 10:45, sassaaaa said:

This place is bonkers , has a decent half against a part time outfit and hes a superstar. Hope he turns out to be a crackin player but lets see him in the first team every week before the hype kicks in.

How dare we praise a player after a good performance.  Who gives a fuck who the opposition was? He played well, the end.  

14 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

We have to take the level Cove play at into account.

He has looked good every time he has came on its not only against Cove.

Exciting to watch and If he keeps developing we have another 10m+ player on our hands. 

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

How dare we praise a player after a good performance.  Who gives a fuck who the opposition was? He played well, the end.  

If it was a case of opposition being easy every player would have been outstanding.

On 05/04/2021 at 11:01, NorthernLights said:

I agree. But realistically I think somebody would need to take the champions league by storm at 18 to fetch more than £30m. It’s a cheap market in general 

would never happen. If a player in our youths gets even close to that level of talent they will get sniped by some bigger european outfit. A la Billy Gilmour

6 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Saw him saying the other day that he has been doing a lot of work in the gym to build up his strength. 

Decent squad player at the moment hopefully he will kick on and become more.

I’m sure by March it was quoted he had put on 4 kilos since arriving at us 

Archived