******The Official Champions V Hibs Match Thread*****

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Astounds me that people STILL dont understand that we have been successful as a result of our formation and having Barisic pushed high up.

To see posts that he does not suit our style or that he is suspect is laughable. Only once was it his fault. Its Gerrards tactics and what he wants!

The reason it gets exploited more is because its Davis covering and not Jack.

Matched Boyle stride for stride in a couple of foot races as well. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Astounds me that people STILL dont understand that we have been successful as a result of our formation and having Barisic pushed high up.

To see posts that he does not suit our style or that he is suspect is laughable. Only once was it his fault. Its Gerrards tactics and what he wants!

The reason it gets exploited more is because its Davis covering and not Jack.

I think  you have taken my post a bit out of context to be honest. Like I say, I think he is a top, top player. but I think we could replace him with a worse player overall if that player had slightly different attributes and the team would still be successful.

He is very good for us, but like all players, some of his attributes are not perfect. He cant take on a man and run as dynamically for 90 minutes as Tav, he isnt as solid defensively as say a Papac. He does however have a better delivery than both.

I think that we could theoretically get a very very good price for him and we do have to start selling players. I think if we sold him and replaced him with a more dynamic left back, then it might be easier to deal with than selling someone like Kamara who I think would be far harder to replace.

I know we have been successful because of the current players, including Barisic. But we need to start selling and at his age, this would be the time to do it IMO.

11 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I get labelled as hating Barisic all the time which I don’t but if we had to sell one player in this team in the summer he’d be the one I’d let go 

No doubt his delivery is first class but he doesn’t offer the kind of direct attacking threat you get from Tav and he can be more than a little suspect going the other way at times 

:lol: selling Barisic before Helander, Balogun or Bassey. 

Archived