Rangers testimonials

GOAT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve seen most say it must be ten years of service but I’ve been reading about it this morning and seen a few who got some with less years of service, Alan McLaren for example, but I’m guessing he got his due to early retirement because of injury. 

should Wallace and mcculloch have had a testimonial?

Allan McGregor must be due one surely. 

36 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’ve seen most say it must be ten years of service but I’ve been reading about it this morning and seen a few who got some with less years of service, Alan McLaren for example, but I’m guessing he got his due to early retirement because of injury. 

Dont think he is due one. If it was unbroken service then yes. But because he left sure he wont

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Going by the 10 year rule McGregor was due one in 2011/12. 

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Were testimonials not a wee retirement fund for when footballers weren't as wealthy as now? Fuck giving guys on 10 or 20k a week that. :lol:

That's how I thought they fizzled out when the player wages got ridiculous. Testimonials always seemed like more of a nest egg before that.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Were testimonials not a wee retirement fund for when footballers weren't as wealthy as now? Fuck giving guys on 10 or 20k a week that. :lol:

The money for testimonials hasn’t went to the players for probably 20 years. It’s an acknowledgment for their service and the cash goes to charities. 

41 minutes ago, SPWF said:

The money for testimonials hasn’t went to the players for probably 20 years. It’s an acknowledgment for their service and the cash goes to charities. 

We've not had any the past 20 years. Let's keep it that way. Wee presentation in front of fans before a game at 10 years service, round of applause and a song or two and we all keep giving to charities whatever we want to as normal. Job's a good 'un.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

We've not had any the past 20 years. Let's keep it that way. Wee presentation in front of fans before a game at 10 years service, round of applause and a song or two and we all keep giving to charities whatever we want to as normal. Job's a good 'un.

What a bizarre take. 

I remember being at John Greig's . A sell out which I'm sure was a world record at the time , might even still be . Quite an achievement when you think of some of the players at that time . 

5 hours ago, Inigo said:

Most now donate the Testimonial monies to Charity now im sure. 

Archived