The captain

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bears r us said:

Good news, not sure what it means for Paterson? 

Patterson is the only proper RB cover we've had for years so hopefully he'll get the majority of cup games and also provide cover when we need it. He's still only young and learning his trade so I think Gerrard will carefully bed him in like he's done to a few of the youngsters.

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Good news, not sure what it means for Patterson? 

He’s 19, he’s the future Scotland and Rangers right back and will play second fiddle to Tav for a few years and get his chances every now and again.  By time he’s 22/23, he’ll be first choice IMO as long as he’s still here.

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Good news, not sure what it means for Patterson? 

Gerrard clearly rates Patterson and clearly he’s being groomed as a successor in that position but he’s not going to immediately replace the Club captain who’s been a candidate for our player of the year. One reason we’ve been great this year is reducing over reliance on individuals, signing other forwards to cover for Morelos being the key example. Patterson will play more now I’m sure and this can only be a good thing for us. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Excellent news.

Be interesting to see what happens with Patterson now.

He’s far too good to sit on bench for a season bar a couple of cup appearances.

I wonder if we’ll sign cover and put Patterson out on loan.

I think provided we keep the 5 subs rule, there’s plenty of game time to go around. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Nah. Keep him here and just manage his game time, along with Tav’s. 

i wouldn’t mind keeping him here either tbh but Tav is a literal athlete and captain, he’s only ever been missing due to freak incidents like the clash of knees or his appendix, did Patterson ever start a game bar Stranraer with Tav fit? I’d like to keep him here but I wouldn’t want him to regress just training and playing like 10 games a season if he’s lucky

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Nah. Keep him here and just manage his game time, along with Tav’s. 

Tav plays almost every game though.

The reality is Patterson is only going to play against jobber teams in cup which could amount to say 10 games a season at very most.

That neither benefits Patterson nor the club.

24 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

image.thumb.png.0027bcd3cb312ffb917fe69bd63cab35.png

Delighted he’s signed on again. Thought he would finish his career here, looking more likely now. 

:bow:

From a heavily criticised player to hero forever.

Good job. :tu:

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How much has he had this season before Tavs injury?

Not much. He’s been thrown into the firing line and now we know we can rely on him (which wasn’t the case pre Tav injury). Suspect it will be different going forward.

If we punt him on loan for a season and he has a great run elsewhere and then comes back he’s still second choice behind Tav. Would rather develop him with us. 

Tav picks up an injury next season and we’re back to someone unproven or Balogun at RB. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Not much. He’s been thrown into the firing line and now we know we can rely on him (which wasn’t the case pre Tav injury). Suspect it will be different going forward.

If we punt him on loan for a season and he has a great run elsewhere and then comes back he’s still second choice behind Tav. Would rather develop him with us. 

Tav picks up an injury next season and we’re back to someone unproven or Balogun at RB. 

Patterson wont start a league or European game whilst Tav is fit.

Tav, Rightly, doesn’t get rested so if he keeps up his levels of fitness and performances, Patterson is only starting league and Scottish Cup ties against lower league opposition.

He’s too good for that tbh.

Archived