The captain

11 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Would like Patterson to go out on loan to the championship in England. 

No chance, we only have him and Tav at right back. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Patterson wont start a league or European game whilst Tav is fit.

Tav, Rightly, doesn’t get rested so if he keeps up his levels of fitness and performances, Patterson is only starting league and Scottish Cup ties against lower league opposition.

He’s too good for that tbh.

He’ll get his chances in games at home where we’re 3 or 4 goals up with 20/30 minutes to go aswell. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He’ll get his chances in games at home where we’re 3 or 4 goals up with 20/30 minutes to go aswell. 

You can’t plan player development on what ifs.

You’re talking about a player who is second best RB in country and in reality could be the Scotland Full back after the Euros.

playing him a handful of times a season against jobbers or fleeting substitute appearances really isn’t enough at the level he’s at.

Tav's going to want to play as often as possible and, with that in mind, I think NP probably should spend next year on loan. He can probably play nearly every game for another side at a reasonably high standard and doing so is going to be much better for his development than 10-12 starts here (if he's lucky) even if our coaching is very good. 

What a great predicament to have him and Patterson at right back. On one hand Tav is one of my modern Rangers hero's and obviously delighted to see him stay, on the other I've never been so excited about a young Rangers player since fleck and don't wanna see Patterson not develop. Honestly see a young Kieran Tierney in Patterson (minus the horrific smell)

How many pages before people start suggesting Tav for midfield 🤣

46 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Patterson wont start a league or European game whilst Tav is fit.

Tav, Rightly, doesn’t get rested so if he keeps up his levels of fitness and performances, Patterson is only starting league and Scottish Cup ties against lower league opposition.

He’s too good for that tbh.

Very few successes for us when we punt our good young players out on loan. Would much rather develop him here and manage his and Tav’s game time. 

I would also reckon there is also an element of back patting and wink wink stuff going on with a few contracts.... give us another couple of years on paper, play some CL, play in front of crowds having won the league, lets us plan for you going, let us get a fee and we won't stand in you way next summer and will accept a fair bid, can see that happening with Goldson as well. 

37 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

The best scenario for me would be something similar to Morelos and Defoe last season.

How realistic that is with Tav being captain I don't know.

Yup.

If Patterson was a left back you could see him getting 15-20 games instead of/replacing Borna in games but Tav is an ever present a) because of how vital he is and b) because he’s the captain.

Not entirely sure Patterson would be happy with another season or two as back up.

Archived