Covid-19 doesn’t transmit at International football

It's fucking shambolic that league 1 & 2 have not been allowed to be used as test events....other than Falkirk the majority of these clubs play in front of crowds between 250-750.....nobody is telling me that these clubs couldn't have had fans in safely.....at least it would have been the first step to getting some normality back....but as per usual everycunt is sat twiddling their thumbs.....it's quite astonishing that after doing almost fuck all in a year that we can suddenly say that we can get 12,000 fans into hampden 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

That’s neutral fans nearer the area isn’t it? 

For Wembley yeh. I think they'll do it home / away though. Just my opinion but it makes sense for them to do that. 

So the snooker is gonna have full capacity for the final in May? An indoor arena and correct me if I'm wrong, the fans are usually wedged in together at the crucible? But you cant have at least50% in a big stadium outdoors where you could ensure some sort of distancing?

The government will continue to pull this shite as long as people are willing to accept it. Christ we even have posters on here who practically applaud this shite that the government comes out with. I'll be surprised if there's any fans allowed at any of our games until after the summer tbh

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Think Rangers will be onto the government asking for trophy day to be a test event 

Tav yesterday in his RTV interview says he hopes fans might be back for trophy day. 

Absolutely no way the government will give our fans a title day after George square lol

Most politician's hate football, they'll happy leave it till the very end.

You could easily have 5,000 season ticket holders at a game in Ibrox and leave plenty of space for social distancing. It's outdoors too, so low risk.

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

They’ve got to do something though, I agree with that it would be all or nothing but Rangers are a business and being able to bring in any match day money with 20% or 50% of fans will and should be explored. 

Something has to happen, fans need to see some sort of progress domestically 

Do by match day income do you mean catering, as it won't bring in any gate receipts unless it is a full stadium. Anything less than 40k would becST holders only on some ballot basis. As STs are already paid for this brings in no additional revenue however will carry costs through staffing and security. I suspect it is not a commercial decision except to give fans confidence that their investment in ST for 21/22 is a valid outlay of cash. 

Don’t really have that much of an interest in going if it’s just a couple of thousands fans wearing masks and sitting miles away from everyone else. Wouldn’t be an enjoyable experience.

Watching the game with a carry out then George square with a bag of cans afterwards sounds more appealing for trophy day.

3 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

It won’t work though unless all season ticket holders are getting in, how they going to decide who is allowed in otherwise? Be unfair to select certain fans and leave out others 

Fucking fed up hearing this. They’ll do a ballot. That every definition of fair. Some people seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between something being unfair, and something being disappointing.  

14 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Fucking fed up hearing this. They’ll do a ballot. That every definition of fair. Some people seem to have difficulty understanding the difference between something being unfair, and something being disappointing.  

Are ye aye 

edit- and why should anyone miss out? I’d quite like to be there on trophy day, as would everyone else but why should I lose out over someone else when I pay season ticket money just the same as they do, how would that be fair? 

if I lose out on a cup final at hampden after a ballot is done then yes I’m disappointed, if I miss out a home game because of a ballot when I’ve already paid whilst other fans get in then it’s unfair. Would be great to see fans in but it has to be all or nothing 

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Nah no chance 

Same at ibrox , it will need to be a good few thousand to get to season ticket holders level being in with a shout, even then it’s just gonny be a mess, not a great deal we can do about it but I’d rather there was a bit of hope ibrox could be full 21/22 rather than the government confirming a total for next season that could leave us paying £500 plus for 4/5 games 

1 hour ago, SPWF said:

If they do a ballot for a cup final when nobody has paid a pence and your not successful that’s disappointing , season ticket holders in ibrox while other season ticket holders watch a stream at home is unfair 

On the back of this what season ticket renewal do you think we are looking at? Are our fans going to fork out again for TV only access that is sometimes called into consideration? I have not had a ST for many years but if I was a season ticket holder currently I would be wanting the club to treat me well and no increase whatsoever. Regards lotteries for possible attendance if it happens it will be likely the big spenders but out with that probably local postcodes. It is what it is and you and I can't change it. 

7 hours ago, five stars said:

Most politician's hate football, they'll happy leave it till the very end.

You could easily have 5,000 season ticket holders at a game in Ibrox and leave plenty of space for social distancing. It's outdoors too, so low risk.

Fuck that, how do you pick the 5k out of the 40 odd thousand that paid for them

11 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

SFA put forward proposals for 12,000-15,000 at Hampden for the Euros in June. Approved by the Scottish Government no problem at all.  

Meanwhile there’s not a single effort to attempt to get fans into any domestic game until then as far as we are all aware. Shameful really and reeks of political point scoring again. 

Aberdeen have been pushing this a lot and have been rejected numerous times, even for as little as 300 fans. Where do we go from here? Is everyone just happy to allow this to happen or should clubs be pushing for fans in soon as test events before the Euros?. I imagine however that the government will be more than happy to use the National team friendlies as test events anyway. 

If the scum had done their 10 .The narative in the media, would have been pushing for the fans to be allowed in for their benefit . It's us celebrating so fuck that . 

12 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

SFA put forward proposals for 12,000-15,000 at Hampden for the Euros in June. Approved by the Scottish Government no problem at all.  

Meanwhile there’s not a single effort to attempt to get fans into any domestic game until then as far as we are all aware. Shameful really and reeks of political point scoring again. 

Aberdeen have been pushing this a lot and have been rejected numerous times, even for as little as 300 fans. Where do we go from here? Is everyone just happy to allow this to happen or should clubs be pushing for fans in soon as test events before the Euros?. I imagine however that the government will be more than happy to use the National team friendlies as test events anyway. 

AFAIK, the change to allow 12k/25% into Hampden will apply to every ground in Scotland.

Archived